Poll: Will you buy a Surface?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Porcell View Post
    By repeatedly using M$ to refer to Microsoft, I feel like you are wearing your bias on your sleeve, and thus I have a difficult time taking your opinion seriously.
    And by doing that when Apple are in the marketplace is just ludicrous!

So I'm saying yes, but I'm actually undecided. I really want a Surface Pro, but I simply am not sure if I will have the money. They're going to be in the $1,000 range, and I also want to rebuild my 3-year-old desktop, and that is my top priority. This is all while still not having a job to support the funds needed (probably $1,700+ in total), so it's a no based on reality, but a yes based on desire.

Initial overview of the Nexus 10, including an introductory video:

http://www.engadget.com/2012/10/29/n...ands-on-video/

Vital Statistics:

16GB version: $399
    32GB version: $499

10.1" screen
    Dimensions 6.99 x 10.35 x 0.35 in (177 x 263 x 8.9 mm) (so thinner than an iPad)
    Weight 1.33 lb (603g)
    2560*1600 display, True RGB Real Stripe PLS screen panel (bit over 300ppi - new iPad has 264 ppi at 2,048 x 1,536)

1.7GHz dual-core Exynos 5250
    2GB RAM
    Mali T604 GPU

stereo speakers (both front-facing)
    5 MP rear camera
    1.9 MP front-facing cam

Dual NFC
    Bluetooth 4.0
    mHDMI out
    mUSB

9,000mAh lithium-polymer battery that Google promises will deliver nine hours of video playback and 500 hours of standby

Operating system is a revamped Android 4.1 (version 4.2), still codenamed "Jellybean".

Unfortunately it does not seem to have an SD card slot, although there are some quite dinky little 64+GB USB devices on the market that aren't much bigger than a fingernail, so maybe not too bad. Video out is a big win for me (in fact, I am not considering a tablet without some form of video output).

Forgot the release date:

13th November.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2012-10-30 at 01:24 AM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    The probably don't have memory card slots because people don't often use them on tablets. Odds are 64 GB should be loads for most people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now that they cost 500$ for the basic one I see no reason to get one. MS thinks they can charge as much as Apple hahahaha not happening.

I would if I didn't already own an iPad. A full Office application is pretty awesome, and it looks like Windows RT is way ahead of other mobile OSes when it comes to multi-tasking. I'm seriously impressed with Windows RT, the only problem with it is a relatively empty app store at the moment (hopefully that changes). Even the x86 tablet looks promising, though I'm sure it will be very expensive.

For the moment though my only buy in the near future is going to be a Nexus 4 to replace my aging smartphone.

Already have a smartphone, don't see the need for an tablet that I'll probably only end up using when I'm sitting on the crapper.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    Tablets are nice until you decide to do some work on them. They are simply not meant for that. Try writing a long email on a tablet and you'll see what I mean

Quote Originally Posted by pnv View Post
    Tablets are nice until you decide to do some work on them. They are simply not meant for that. Try writing a long email on a tablet and you'll see what I mean
    That's the idea with the Surface. They sell $120-130 cover keyboards that are meant to allow actual work to be done. You should actually read up on them, becuase reviewers seem rather impressed with them.