Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    No, "the fetus couldn't survive alone" is a counterpoint to your wild assertion that a 2 year-old child is comparable to a fetus.
    So, please tell me, what is your justification for abortion, and how far into gestation do you support it?

---------- Post added 2012-10-27 at 04:03 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    Prove it and then you have a case.
    Prove that money is fungible? Umm... really?

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    Perceptions perceptions.

Murder tens of thousands in jihad and terrorism and you're terrorist scum deserving of drone strikes, military strikes and what have you.

Murder millions of unborn children and you get a nice car, a house in the burbs, all the respect of being a doctor while shitting on the Hippocratic Oath, and you're a martyr for womens' rights if you get killed in the same manner the murderer in the first group gets killed.
    And you're the reason why the rest of the world thinks America is full of crazies from the 60s.

Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    please show me one quote where a republican wanted to "to stop contraceptive"

(that isn't from huffington post or msnbc)
    Rick Santorum: "One of the things I will talk about, that no president has talked about before, is I think the dangers of contraception in this country... Many of the Christian faith have said, well, that’s okay, contraception is okay. It's not okay."
    Last edited by semaphore; 2012-10-27 at 04:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    I was wondering when thing would shift from the argumentative but reasonable pro-life posters to the extremist crazies. Pretty much the same rhetoric that led to an innocent man being lynched; I rarely say this, but people like you truly are disgusting.
    I didn't say I support killing abortionists any more than I support killing terrorists, Моя дорогая. I just said that if you believe abortion ends a human life, than the act itself carries much more significance than it does for soft, spoiled westerners who just view it as a parasite. And carries a much bigger weight in the person's view to stop it, in this case through defunding PP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anothdae View Post

Funding IS fungible, why is that so hard to understand?
    Last I saw, they facilitate abortions but do not actually fund them. Copied from another poster on another site:

Women who seek an abortion from Planned Parenthood (and who do not have insurance or have government-backed insurance) must pay the full cost of that abortion. They are not subsidized in any way with federal dollars the way that other exams and procedures are.

Think of it this way: A pap smear costs $200 to perform. A poor patient getting a pap smear from PP might only pay $15, and government and private funding would make up the difference.

For abortions, a patient either pays the full cost of of pocket or uses a private insurer that pays for abortions (like mine).

Planned Parenthoods are non-profits. This means that their operating expenses and their revenue have to match. I can't see any way of doing this math which shows federal dollars going to "pay for" abortions.

Quote Originally Posted by Callax View Post
    And you're the reason why the rest of the world thinks America is full of crazies from the 60s.
    I'm from "the rest of the world", not America.

So, please tell me, what is your justification for abortion, and how far into gestation do you support it?
    My justification is that you have no right to tell a person what they can do with their own body. As for the second part, I don't know, probably something similar to what a previous poster said where the baby can survive independent of a mother and be unaffected.

Equating a fetus to a person is one place where that falls apart hard.

I'm from "the rest of the world", not America.
    Mind=blown.

You aren't seriously comparing abortion doctors to terrorists are you though right?

---------- Post added 2012-10-27 at 12:09 AM ----------

Is this supposed to make us suddenly become pro-life or something? So this graph proves that we can eliminate a clump of cells better then people? Or is it showing the high success of abortions?

Prove that money is fungible? Umm... really?
    If you want to accuse Planned Parenthood of violating the law, it's innocent until proven guilty last I checked.

Also the burden of proof is on your philosophically too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    The government isn't paying for it.

Why is that so hard for you to understand?
    /me smiles and waves... nice day dont you think?

Infracted - Post constructively
    Last edited by Dacien; 2012-10-27 at 04:16 AM.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Perceptions perceptions.

Murder tens of thousands in jihad and terrorism and you're terrorist scum deserving of drone strikes, military strikes and what have you.

Murder millions of unborn children and you get a nice car, a house in the burbs, all the respect of being a doctor while shitting on the Hippocratic Oath, and you're a martyr for womens' rights if you get killed in the same manner the murderer in the first group gets killed.
    Abort unwanted and life threatening fetuses and you're a murderer but if you crusade around the middle east, Africa, southeast Asia and central America in wars on terror, drugs and other similar boogie mans then you're a patriotic hero worthy of praise.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think abortions and sterilizations should be mandatory for those on welfare and those with genetic diseases. We have too many people as is, should be happy that people want to abort children they can't take care of.

And the government is also not paying for it.

Also, as far as that little perspective graph, I'd like to see where it gets it's numbers from. I can make up bullshit statistics to support my opinion with no citation as well.
    Last edited by The One Percent; 2012-10-27 at 04:14 AM.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Epic post.

Infracted
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2012-10-27 at 06:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There is absolutely nothing about having lots and lots of sex that means you're going to have a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    /me smiles and waves... nice day dont you think?
    It's nice how you are unable to actually respond to any argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Last I saw, they facilitate abortions but do not actually fund them. Copied from another poster on another site:
    15% of their profit is from abortions, and they work heavily with state and private funds to pay if women can't afford them. Which brings up the interesting point that financially it is in their interest to perform abortions.

Quote Originally Posted by Callax View Post
    Mind=blown.

You aren't seriously comparing abortion doctors to terrorists are you though right?
    In a philosophical sense you can, along with any other profession or calling that terminates lives. Hangmen, soldiers, butchers who kill their animals, police, thugs and hitmen.

If a doctor wants to perform abortions, he should be free to do so. As a religious person I just see it as an immoral and bloodthirsty calling. However, I don't believe I should legislate my morality to others just as I will not be a part of things which violate my own morality as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't say I support killing abortionists any more than I support killing terrorists, Моя дорогая. I just said that if you believe abortion ends a human life, than the act itself carries much more significance than it does for soft, spoiled westerners who just view it as a parasite. And carries a much bigger weight in the person's view to stop it, in this case through defunding PP.
    Because abortion only happens in the west http://www.prb.org/Publications/Poli...tion-mena.aspx
    "(September 2008) Unsafe abortion is one of the most neglected public health challenges in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region,1 where an estimated one in four pregnancies are unintended—wanting to have a child later or wanting no more children.2 Many women with unintended pregnancies resort to clandestine abortions that are not safe. According to the World Health Organization, around 1.5 million abortions in MENA in 2003 were performed in unsanitary settings, by unskilled providers, or both. Complications from those abortions accounted for 11 percent of maternal deaths in the region."

Your tone was quite significantly different in your first post by directly attacking those who handle abortions. Given that, again, it was literally the same rhetoric spouted that led to the lynching of an abortion doctor, it is a reprehensible thing to spout out.

15% of their profit is from abortions, and they work heavily with state and private funds to pay if women can't afford them. Which brings up the interesting point that financially it is in their interest to perform abortions.
    I thought that they were a non-profit organization?

In a philosophical sense you can, along with any other profession or calling that terminates lives. Hangmen, soldiers, butchers who kill their animals, police, thugs and hitmen.

If a doctor wants to perform abortions, he should be free to do so. As a religious person I just see it as an immoral and bloodthirsty calling. However, I don't believe I should legislate my morality to others just as I will not be a part of things which violate my own morality as well.
    Only if you philosophically define life the same way or think that all life is equal.

Still haven't receive an answer, if abortion is only 3% of the business that Planed parenthood provides then why do they just stop doing it
    why do they insist in putting all their other services they provide in jeopardy so they can continue performing abortions?