Page 1 of 2
LastLast

5.1 Steady Focus

I just read the post about the changes to Steady Focus. My question is if anyone know how much of an impact that will be? Its less SS but thats less focus? I haven't played MM sadly because of the damage issue. I just want to see everyone's thoughts on this.

It's a nice quality-of-life change. It will help MM hunters in the sense that they won't be forced to do 2 steady shots in a row as often. There will be plenty of Steady Shots even with this change, but they can be more spaced out and it will make the rotation a little better.

It's just too bad the damage sucks and it is terribly boring.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguintamer View Post
    It's a nice quality-of-life change. It will help MM hunters in the sense that they won't be forced to do 2 steady shots in a row as often. There will be plenty of Steady Shots even with this change, but they can be more spaced out and it will make the rotation a little better.

It's just too bad the damage sucks and it is terribly boring.
    Well with steady now castable while moving,this is a very minor quality of life change

You kidding this is pretty good in terms of dps and focus management. Before we were forced to delay some abilities by .5 secs to get the pair out now that delay is non existent and we can even make better use of rapid fire. Imagine a rapid fire world where you only need 1 steady every 2 arcane instead of 2 because the buff is about to wear out.

Deleted
    Pretty much exactly what a lot of us have been asking them to do for a couple of years now. ISS always been a major problem.

MM died for me when they made AiS cast time :x.. way too clunky

This change along with the mobility QOL change will make MM (all the specs really) very fun to play.....if you don't mind doing sucky damage. Unless MM suddenly gets 3x better with a heroic weapon (which most people will never get) then I don't see that spec being competitive until they change some numbers/scaling.

moving should be less terrible but movement should still be pretty terrible for a ranged class

GC y u so funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    [snip] movement should still be pretty terrible for a ranged class
    "JK! glyph of aimed shot"

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    They have made it castable while moving (as of 5.1) though, so that is an improvement. I never found even a hardcasted Aimed Shot to be clunky, just inconvenient if the fight required movement. In those cases, jsut switch to Arcance.

I'll probably go MM for 5.2 (or whenever the next post-Heart of Fear raid is), because I think by then, the weapon scaling that favors MM will have it competitive again.

You know the spec's a problem when it's only potential damage comes from Aimed Shot and Chimera Shot, and its main ability (Chimera Shot) is boring as shit compared to what it used to be. And then the rest of its damage is spread thin between crappy talents that make the rotation infuriating, and other poor sources.

Survival would be the perfect spec if they just removed the horrendous focus cost from Murder of Crows, and took away either Glaive Toss or Dire Beast from the cluttered rotation.

Its a quality of life change aswell as a decent dps increase for marks.

During rapid fire, if you steady shot twice with the buff up, theres a very high chance you'll focus cap. (2 steady shots+ tick of rapid recoup)= ~50 focus, add in 3 secs or so of regen for another ~20. Very easy to cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    AiS began as a casted spell.

Deleted
    It's sad that this fix came about 2 years late. In fact it should just be a passive thing about MM and not a maintained buff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaim View Post
    "JK! glyph of aimed shot"
    Clearly the design for hunters being the best mobility ranged class in the game. They want them to move around A LOT so that it feels different to a spell caster, these changes just solidify that idea even more.

No damage loss at all while moving, no other ranged class does that.

The change wont make any better at all. MM hunters will still suck, the buff might be just more rotation friendly
    Last edited by Einsz; 2012-10-27 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jakeic View Post
    AiS began as a casted spell.
    But back in BC it ment something, it hit for a LOT, now AS beats it easily... I like Wrath model for MM(with ArP and CD on Arcane), Survival in Cata with 2pc T13 was so good tho

MM's just not going to be fun until the Arcane Shot vs Aimed Shot trend is killed. I am sick of the two constantly interchanging and fighting for position in the rotation. They need to define what the rotation is instead of continuing to allow massive haste buffs to suddenly throw Aimed Shot into the rotation. The other two specs spam arcane shot in their rotations, but it seems completely off to do it in MM. It's just boring.

marks is busted because it scales off weapon damage far more then the others... so at the start of an x-pac its worthless, by the end of it you have no choice but to use it.

They need to rebuild the spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    marks is busted because it scales off weapon damage far more then the others... so at the start of an x-pac its worthless, by the end of it you have no choice but to use it.

They need to rebuild the spec.
    Was kind of the opposite in cata. MM was good in the beginning then SV was better, but mm sucks now.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart