Deleted

[Music] MUSE the 2nd law

I'm listening to this album, and is it me or is anyone else hearing alot of queen? sounds very 80s also so strange, not what i expected from a muse album. not listened to it all yet only the first few songs.

only madness and survival are a bit queen-like, maybe explorers too.

Actually I'd suggest that hearing Queen is not that much of a surprise to anyone, they've always had moments where it could go there. The album itself I'm still trying to decide if I like it or if it's just a step too far to the bizarre side of things to be taken seriously, maybe I'm just too low brow but I wish they'd get back to writing the older style stuff as opposed to trying to make every album a concept album the way they seem to have done over the last 2 albums (I'd even be tempted to stretch back as far as 3). Still one of the most talented British bands out there right now and cracking live band.

(oh and the first track IIRC sounds more like a Bond theme than that bint Adele could ever manage)
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Deleted
    Hmm, it is very strange to be honest. it has club moments then dubstep moments, it kind of feels like its gender confused (but musically)

Did you listen to United States of Eurasia from Resistance? They've done something Queen-like. Muse albums are very different from album to album, even throughout one album you'll have some songs far separated from the rest. I find The Second Law is something I would expect Muse to do. There's some quality in their music I can't quantify, but I know when it's a Muse song.

As for the album, You'll really feel Save Me and Liquid State will be VERY different at first, and you'll see why, or should I say, hear why .
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

10+ Year Old Account
    try real music maybe..

Deleted
    Yeah i hear you, OMG unsustainable = orgasm it should be the soundtrack to End Of Nations

10+ Year Old Account
    on a chair staring at a screen somewhere in Europe
    I hear Queen, Scissor sisters, Faith no more, classic Muse vocals and some dubstep crossover

every musician gets his/her inspiration from some place and at some point in time they'll want to experiment with that in their own music. I think that might be the case for this album, some kind of ode maybe. but that's just my theory. I'm really liking this album

<I used to be a poster like you, but then I took an infraction to the knee>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malkazam View Post
    try real music maybe..
    I'm ecliptic when it comes to music, i like slipknot, i like lady gaga, heck i even like Suicide silence and skrillex. opinions are opinions you like what you like and all that jazz

---------- Post added 2012-11-22 at 12:52 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Krullthor View Post
    I hear Queen, Scissor sisters, Faith no more, classic Muse vocals and some dubstep crossover

every musician gets his/her inspiration from some place and at some point in time they'll want to experiment with that in their own music. I think that might be the case for this album, some kind of ode maybe. but that's just my theory. I'm really liking this album
    YES! /10char

---------- Post added 2012-11-22 at 12:53 AM ----------

Unsustainable sounds like epic hybrid trailer music, I LOVE IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Malkazam View Post
    try real music maybe..
    Facepalmed.

Anyhow, I really like it, especially Panic Station.. so weird and funky and I love it. I too wish they'd go back to making an album filled with more heavy and crazy songs, but it's not like I dislike what they're doing right now, cause I don't! Going to watch them live in 2 weeks, it's going to be awesome!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shigeru View Post
    Facepalmed.

Anyhow, I really like it, especially Panic Station.. so weird and funky and I love it. I too wish they'd go back to making an album filled with more heavy and crazy songs, but it's not like I dislike what they're doing right now, cause I don't! Going to watch them live in 2 weeks, it's going to be awesome!
    Saw them at wembly, ohhmeegeeerrd so good, almost as good as the foo fighters live.

10+ Year Old Account
    tbh I've been saying that for a while now :P they started out VERY radiohead, but as they've gone on they've become more and more like Queen, IMO this is a very good thing, Queen are awesome and now so are Muse! LOVING 2nd Law
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Yeah, I have to say I am in love with Madness, wasn't at first, but like nearly every time Muse hits me with a new album, i'm not sure what to think as the style is just off on what it was before. Undisclosed Desires was one of those from The Resistance album. This is what I love about Muse though, they aren't afraid to try new things and end up Wowing me completely.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by halldavid328888 View Post
    Go for rock music i love loud music and get lost in it forgetting every damn thing like pain, love, friends, family, and other problems.
    So..........................................emo...................................fringefl ick

It's a very bizarre album, I enjoyed it though. Gone off Unsustainable, but Follow Me is one of my most listened to songs right now.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

15+ Year Old Account
    Big fan of the album. Muse's constantly changing sound is the reason they are my favorite band. Love the variety from heavier rock to electronic to dubstep to soft rock on 2nd law. This is probably my second favorite Muse album behind Black Holes and Madness might be my favorite muse song or at least is damn close to edging out Knights of Cydonia.

---------- Post added 2012-11-22 at 10:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shigeru View Post
    Going to watch them live in 2 weeks, it's going to be awesome!
    /jelly. They are ridiculous live. I'm considering going to their show in Detroit in March.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    edging out Knights of Cydonia.
    Heresy! Burn the non-believer!
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    When I heard Madness, I wanted to kick Matt Bellamy in the junk, it's just so bland. Don't get me wrong, I like the music that he writes generally, but The Resistance was half cheese rock and half derpstep. Follow Me is decent, a bit more mature sounding then some of their other songs, but again, sounds like more derpstep. Unsustainable is a pretty kick ass tune though, not gonna lie.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2012-12-02 at 04:11 PM.