Poll: Select

Thread: Red = Dead?

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    No. I always played on PvP realms, and did a fair bit of rated PvP, but didn't feel the need to kill people who were minding their own business questing unless provoked by them attacking me or ganking others. If someone substantially lower level than me attacked me, or made insulting gestures, I wouldn't flat out kill them... It was much more amusing to put a weak dot on them that would kill them if they didn't start popping CDs and let them run away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only if they give me honor.

Deleted
    If i was on a pvp realm and it was level appropriate then yeah if they attacked me, otherwise I'd just go about my business.

i look at their hp and decide if i can one shot them or not with an ambush crit. If it will insta gib them then no they get to live. otherwise they suffer the same fate as red's in star trek
    We are the music makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams,
    Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams;—
    World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams:
    Yet we are the movers and shakers, Of the world for ever, it seems.

-1st stanza, Ode by: Arthur O'Shaughnessy

Deleted
    No.

There is no fun in killing players who can't defend themselves. As for players of similar level, it depends on player. Male draenei, blood/night elves, goblins and orcs must die! Tauren, trolls and gnomes will get a /hug

Yes. Under any circumstances, red = dead. When a target is red in this game, the implication (and reality) is that it is hostile/aggressive. This applies to players too. Any Alliance I see will just be an addition towards my "Of the Horde" achievement. And ofc some extra honour. 1 Red, 2 Reds, 5 Reds, it doesnt matter - they WILL be engaged no matter the outcome. Will I die if I open a 1v3 situation? If they're not idiots, most definately. I will take one down with me though, or at least try to. This is to show the presence of a member of the Horde, and the prospect of even bringing over a group of people (in case they are a group too) to finish them off.

That being said, I dont go out of my way to kill lowbies. While doing dailies though, any alliance spotted will be treated as an immediate threat and dealt with accordingly (most of the time they end up tasting the floor). If YOU (Alliance) are in the same zone as ME (Horde), on a continent where we are at open war with each other, you be damn sure I'll do everything in my power to send you to the spirit healer.

So from me, Yes. A definite Yes. And, I would also appreciate it if the Alliance also thought this way. We are at war after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on the mood I am. If it is a lower level, I generally also let them go (their have been the few cases where they /spit on me so I took em out, but generally most are safe). If it is a 90, and I feel up for it, then why not?
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    I only kill them if they're one of those CRZ'd scrubs. Teach them to play alliance on my server, even if they're not really on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Deleted
    Most often, yes.
    Although, If I read the situation that it would be exhausting for both then no.

Yes and I make sure to surprise them while they are fighting something else. It makes the victory so much better!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    No.

There is no fun in killing players who can't defend themselves.
    *sniffles* Pre-Cata, I was doing Loremaster stuff in Felwood, and I was ganked for 4 hours straight. I one-hit a questmob here, gathered a quest item there, was killed by a group of 5 horde who just wouldn't leave me alone, rinse and repeat. I think my screen has the 2-minute-rezz-timer burnt into it from that day. It was a miracle that I actually managed to quest from mid-Felwood into Winterspring at all. I managed to hide myself from them for a few minutes occasionally, but after a few minutes, they were already waiting for me again at the next questhub.

I was doing those quests as a healer as I couldn't be bothered to go and respec for that low-level stuff - and let's face it... a crappy elemental spec wouldn't have helped much either as I neither know how to play ele in pvp nor do I want to know.

People had a lot of fun killing someone who wouldn't defend herself and couldn't even have hurt them. Hey, guys, let me just heal you to death!

When I finally needed to go to bed as I had to go to work the next day, I was absolutely exhausted, mentally and physically, and I kept asking myself what stalking someone for hours on end actually did for those people. Emotionally, it took me a couple of days to fully recover from that. I hadn't expected that people could take such joy in making your few hours of spare time such a miserable time. For days afterwards, I only left Dalaran for raids and only indulged in activities that didn't require me to leave the city.

In retrospect, I guess I regard it as a battle of wills, it's about control. They decide they don't want someone to play WoW in the manner that they want to. They decide that they will gank you till you log off. And it gets them really angry if you don't react to them at all, if you just stand there and let them kill you over and over and over, pretending that you're not bothered, not logging, not flaming them on a lvl 1 alt (seriously, what kind of person does that? It's just stupid. It's what those ganker-kiddies want you to do so they can make screenshots and show them to their friends and point and laugh at the "PvE noob" who should just transfer servers if they can't handle hours of being ganked 5vs1. And I deny them this pleasure). They must have been fuming at the silence.

I'm glad to be away from that server now. Molten Front dailies were a pain later on too. No raid is worth that. Pity it took me so long to realise. I should just have packed my stuff and ran away even when the raid was still going strong and still being a 25-man. I should have just dumped the dkp management on someone else and found myself any non-pvp realm to stay, regardless of progression status. Just to be spared all the time-stealing. Many-vs-one stole such a lot of my valuable time, it's ridiculous.

I enjoy a bit of PvP as much as the next person, just that I really only find pleasure in it if there's an objective to be completed. I love BGs. I hate mindless senseless ambushes when you just want to complete stuff in the world so you can note down a nice DONE on your to-do list for the day.

I guess when it comes down to it, I'm just too LAZY to do world-pvp. Even with a dps class, it absolutely never occurred to me to just open fire on someone unsuspecting in the same way that it was oftentimes done to me. I can't be bothered to even waste 5 seconds of my time on killing a character of someone who most likely just wants that daily quest done or their archaeology maxxed out. Much less could I be bothered to actually waste minutes or hours on something like that. It just serves no purpose. I can farm honor more efficiently in a BG. It's not fun for me, and it certainly isn't fun for the guy who just wants his crap to be done for the day.

So, to me, pvp-servers really don't serve a purpose anymore. Long-gone are the days of skirmishes between Southshore and Tarren Mill - when I started with WoW in early BC, those still occurred occasionally, and they were fun. Or the one or the other Halaa battle... it was fun too. Horde and Alliance players actually knew each other back then, and we waved at each other before getting down to slaughtering each other.

Nowadays, reading some of the replies in this thread, people want to mess with the real life person that is sitting at the screen. We were just killing characters in an environment where the person behind that character was still having fun. Today, it's like people want get to the person at the screen and kill the fun and enjoyment that a player gains from playing this game. It's kind of sad really. (Hey, maybe subscription drops come from that sort of attitude? :P)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalinos View Post
    Yes. Under any circumstances, red = dead. When a target is red in this game, the implication (and reality) is that it is hostile/aggressive. This applies to players too. Any Alliance I see will just be an addition towards my "Of the Horde" achievement. And ofc some extra honour. 1 Red, 2 Reds, 5 Reds, it doesnt matter - they WILL be engaged no matter the outcome. Will I die if I open a 1v3 situation? If they're not idiots, most definately. I will take one down with me though, or at least try to. This is to show the presence of a member of the Horde, and the prospect of even bringing over a group of people (in case they are a group too) to finish them off.

That being said, I dont go out of my way to kill lowbies. While doing dailies though, any alliance spotted will be treated as an immediate threat and dealt with accordingly (most of the time they end up tasting the floor). If YOU (Alliance) are in the same zone as ME (Horde), on a continent where we are at open war with each other, you be damn sure I'll do everything in my power to send you to the spirit healer.

So from me, Yes. A definite Yes. And, I would also appreciate it if the Alliance also thought this way. We are at war after all.

more players like this less damm carebears, I salute you sir

Deleted
    Nowadays I only attack people if they have an annoying name. I'll leave someone alone that has a decent fantasy name, but if I come across someone called swagster or magelolx I'll do my best to kill them.

I always attack alliance, unless they are 10+ levels higher than me.
    If its a low level character, he probably also got a main that likes grouping up 5v1(lots of people like that on my server, doing world pvp makes you feel like a raid boss for a few seconds)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriss View Post
    And it gets them really angry if you don't react to them at all, if you just stand there and let them kill you over and over and over, pretending that you're not bothered, not logging, not flaming them on a lvl 1 alt (seriously, what kind of person does that? It's just stupid. It's what those ganker-kiddies want you to do so they can make screenshots and show them to their friends and point and laugh at the "PvE noob" who should just transfer servers if they can't handle hours of being ganked 5vs1. And I deny them this pleasure). They must have been fuming at the silence.
    I think you're deluded if you really think this but feel free to try and convince yourself that was the case if it makes you feel better.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is nothing more fun than get a group together dominating the Golden Lotus dailies area, and kill any Hordies you see.

Last time we did that, after an hour and a half they set up a raid on us, fun times XD

Deleted
    I kill any horde if I have the time for it, assuming they are the same level as me, unless of course I am very bored.
    If I have killed the person more than 4 times (not camping them, just them being too close to me and not paying attention), then I will let them be, unless of course they decide retaliate on every occasion possible (and at this point it usually gets quite humoristic).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    I think you're deluded if you really think this but feel free to try and convince yourself that was the case if it makes you feel better.
    I'm not just thinking this. I've witnessed it. There's such a thing as guild chat. And when you're on a pvp server, you have pvpers in your guild. So you witness the other side of the medal too. Either side has me face-palming hard, so I've settled back in my nice little pve server and leave all the time-consuming stuff to the pvp servers. I simply don't have the time to occupy myself with things that I don't get anything from, not even a minuscule amount of fun.

Depending.... let's saying I'm trying to farm for a drop anybody and everybody will die in that area if they don't leave when I /pest.

While leveling I'll kill them once and then leave them be unless they attack me after their first death.

While during dailies, I'll never start a fight because it's dailies and we all hate them BUT I'm in my PvP gear and blood spec just in case.

Only time I corpse camp is when the player has been doing it to others or a high level is going around killing lowbies to chase him out of the zone.
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

10+ Year Old Account
    No.

Unless we're attacked or we see a fellow Hordie being attacked. Since my server is something ridiculous like 5 Alliance to 1 Horde, we're always going to end up on the losing side if we start it.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.