Which calling is played the least?

I have a level 50 of every calling.

I'm trying to decide which one to make my main when SL hits. I'm basing my decision on what is in highest demand.

I didn't participate in the beta for longer than ten minutes so I really have no idea what most of the group/raid compositions were.

However in gearing up my latest fifty post 1.11, I did notice that rogues were the most numerous and warriors were the rarest. Was that the trend in the beta as well?

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Warriors are going through a rough patch right now, that they're either crying about or have just become silent about, because the smart ones, the quiet ones, know everything will be better at level 60.

As for played the least? Cleric. Because cleric is boring. Clerics are boring. Don't be a cleric. :P

Vote HarBANGER/Pyro 2012!!!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    As for played the least? Cleric. Because cleric is boring. Clerics are boring. Don't be a cleric. :P
    Da fuq? lol.

My observation is that mages and rogues are equally the most numerous, followed by Clerics then warriors. anecdotal, ofc.
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

There are only 4 classes in the game. Clerics and rogues are probably the most numerous. Warriors the rarest.

The number of rogue and cleric applications are ridiculous. It's actually a struggle sometimes to fit so many damn rogues and clerics in a raid because you just have too many around.

Rogues and Clerics have consistently been the most popular since release of chocolate Rift.

Mages and Warriors are less common, at the top end of the raiding scene Mages are definitely the rarest. Good ones are especially difficult to come by. But for general play numbers are relatively even.

I would imagine Clerics are pretty common since they can fill 4 roles (Tank, Healer, Ranged, Melee). Mage seemed to be fairly rare, mostly because (I haven't played in a while, so my experience might be off now) they were really hard to play at the highest level (a lot of class mastery required, as opposed to the other classes which usually had, at that time, a pretty simple rotation that could easily be macroed and spammed), but I image as Primalthirst states that a good mage is worth his/her weight in gold.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LonestarHero View Post

I'm trying to decide which one to make my main when SL hits. I'm basing my decision on what is in highest demand.

I didn't participate in the beta for longer than ten minutes so I really have no idea what most of the group/raid compositions were.

However in gearing up my latest fifty post 1.11, I did notice that rogues were the most numerous and warriors were the rarest. Was that the trend in the beta as well?
    At the end of the day, from my experience from playing since launch, it varies from patch to patch, some patches you saw masses of rogues, some you saw masses of warriors at the end of the day, the amount of people playing each class will always change. Pick the class you like the most and have the most fun playing, this will motivate you to 'be the best' and succeed at playing that class and increase the overall enjoyment of the game.

Not point playing a class you don't like!

In the past warrior has been my least favorite class. Mainly because I couldn't go ranged and the only two things I could queue up as in the dungeon finder was DPS and tank.

Now it appears that the beast-master soul registers as support.

Can warriors dish out competitive DPS from range yet?

The ranged Warrior soul is pretty darn good. Hard to easy where they will land because few have max level gear for Sl to run the numbers.

However, in beta I did a run through Hammerknell as a ranged Warrior w/ crappy DPS gear [I'm really a tank] and blow away a few better geared DPS only players. With like 3-4 abilities and no macros.

Tempest/Riftblade is pretty strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The ranged Warrior soul is pretty darn good. Hard to easy where they will land because few have max level gear for Sl to run the numbers.

However, in beta I did a run through Hammerknell as a ranged Warrior w/ crappy DPS gear [I'm really a tank] and blow away a few better geared DPS only players. With like 3-4 abilities and no macros.

Tempest/Riftblade is pretty strong.
    Sounds awesome! Time to take the dust off of my warrior I suppose.

Warriors seem pretty damn boss for SL. I'm seriously debating switching my main over from my cleric to warrior. Such a hard decision because I love healing so much too >.<

Quote Originally Posted by LonestarHero View Post

If you really want to go for whats in the highest demand, then go with mages hands down. Almost all raiding guilds will take a very good mage, but a lot of people stopped playing mages because for a long time they had the hardest spec to run by far. On the opposite side is rogues which are basically a dime a dozen.

In the end though, given that there are only 4 classes the highest demand will always just be for good players.

Quote Originally Posted by Popko View Post
    In the end though, given that there are only 4 classes the highest demand will always just be for good players.
    This so hard. Outside of serious progression guilds, it's very easy to get a spot on any class if you are a good player. Outside of a few key roles here and there, there is a ton of flexibility for players in what they can do in a raid on any given class.

Honestly, I'd just go with whatever class you find you enjoy most. Find a class with some souls you really enjoy playing and stick with that. The quality of play is almost always far more important than what you play, and I've found (anecdote time) that people who enjoy what they are doing are far better at their class/spec than those who don't enjoy it as much.