Page 38 of 64 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DanTheMan View Post
    Reading through a lot of posts about people that hate having to do the daily's everyday and peoples replies saying don't do them. Such a pathetic response.
    What's pathetic about that? They are optional. Check this out:

Guy 1: I hate smashing my cock with a hammer, it hurts!
    Guy 2: Don't do it then?
    Guy 1: Like oh em gee you're so narrow minded and pathetic!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malic View Post
    I found a solution for the problem...

Cancelled my sub yesterday.
    I quit too, but still best game ever. Just not my playstyle anymore.

And if you say that you're don't need to do dayli, that what will you spend you VP on?

I simply outright refuse to do the Golden Lotus, Klaxxi boregrinds - they're lazy content and I despise every second of them. I also believe this is the best way to handle it, if Blizzard sees no one is doing their content, they'll stop spending time making it.

Being valor capped since week 3 is annoying, but I can live with it, never getting the mounts sucks, but I can appreciate cosmetic items being tied to things I don't want to do.
    Last edited by Ryme; 2012-10-31 at 12:02 PM.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    I guess I should be smacked for feeding the trolls!
    What you quoted me on has nothing to do with what I said...stop trolling and go to school!
    First of all I'm not trolling. Secondly, claiming others are is against the rules. Thirdly, what do you mean "what you quoted me on has nothing to do with what I said", you're saying something you say has nothing to do with what you say? Makes sense... Please try to be more clear in the future instead of posting pointless posts like that calling other people out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    Actually, one might wonder why you even care to discuss about something, that doesn't have any affect on you. Something that you don't really seem to understand.
    I'll chip in (although I know the reply wasn't aimed at me) why do I keep coming back to this train wreck? because I simply don't understand how someone can think something that's optional, isn't.

Unless they're being deliberate obtuse.

I mean to me it's just so obvious, so very easy to understand and yet here we are 700+ posts in with people who still can't seem to get any further than "it's there and I want it (although don't need it) but I don't want to do what's needed to get it so it has to change"

You’re allowed to not like the dailies by the way, I’m not a fan, but if you want the better than needed gear that’s what you have to do….

A real life analogy:

Imagine there's something you really want to watch on TV (raiding) but don't have one (gear)

You can get a nice 30" TV which is more than enough to watch the thing on TV (463 gear) if you do a few errands that don't take very long (heroics)

With a little bit more effort and time running errands you might be able to get can get a 42" TV (crafted / rare 476 drops) but again it's not really needed and is just a bit flashier.

You also have the option of getting a temp job for a few weeks (dailies) which will mean you can afford a brand new 60" all singing, all dancing TV (489 rep gear)

If you don't want to get the job because of the time it'll take, then you can just run a few errands each day and get what you need to watch the thing on TV.

The only thing that's not optional if you want to watch that TV show (raid) is running a few errands (heroics).

If there's no pressure to watch anything on TV (not raid) then it's not really an issue, you can take as long as you like to save up and buy whatever you want.

That's it in a nutshell.

However looking at some of the replies here it seems people are turning up at the makers of the 60" TV (489 rep gear) and demanding that they find some other way for them to get their TV because they don't want to get a job?!

Even worse there are people trying to claim that simply because a TV exists that's better than what you need to watch TV that they are in some way forced to get it?

Will the show look better on a 60" TV over that of a 30", of course, but it's not needed and that's the point here, the same one repeated over and over again.

It's actually sad to see so many people who can't take responsibility for either the choices they make or the guilds they choose to be a part of, none of its forced on you.

Deleted
    Yeah, I rly hate hitting myself on the hand with a hammer. It's been annoying me for quite a while so I think I'll just STOP DOING IT.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooboy View Post
    I'll chip in (although I know the reply wasn't aimed at me) why do I keep coming back to this train wreck? because I simply don't understand how someone can think something that's optional, isn't.

I mean to me it's just so obvious, so very easy to understand and yet here we are 700+ posts in with people who still can't seem to get any further than "it's there and I want it (although don't need it) but I don't want to do what's needed to get it so it has to change"

You’re allowed to not like the dailies by the way, I’m not a fan, but if you want the better than needed gear that’s what you have to do….

A real life analogy:

Imagine there's something you really want to watch on TV (raiding) but don't have one (gear)

You can get a nice 30" TV which is more than enough to watch the thing on TV (463 gear) if you do a few errands that don't take very long (heroics)

With a little bit more effort and time running errands you might be able to get can get a 42" TV (crafted / rare 476 drops) but again it's not really needed and is just a bit flashier.

You also have the option of getting a temp job for a few weeks (dailies) which will mean you can afford a brand new 60" all singing, all dancing TV (489 rep gear)

If you don't want to get the job because of the time it'll take, then you can just run a few errands each day and get what you need to watch the thing on TV.

The only thing that's not optional if you want to watch that TV show (raid) is running a few errands (heroics).

If there's no pressure to watch anything on TV (not raid) then it's not really an issue, you can take as long as you like to save up and buy whatever you want.

That's it in a nutshell.

However looking at some of the replies here it seems people are turning up at the makers of the 60" TV (489 rep gear) and demanding that they find some other way for them to get their TV because they don't want to get a job?!

Even worse there are people trying to claim that simply because a TV exists that's better than what you need to watch TV that they are in some way forced to get it?

Will the show look better on a 60" TV over that of a 30", of course, but it's not needed and that's the point here, the same one repeated over and over again.

It's actually sad to see so many people who can't take responsibility for either the choices they make or the guilds they choose to be a part of, none of its forced on you.
    The analogy fails when you understand that the bigger TV will help you watch your programs better, and that you and 9 or 24 of your buddies are all watching the same show and all want to be able to talk to each other equally about it without having to worry about you not getting the nice one like they did and maybe they'll start watching TV with the guy down the road who does have the same TV as them, at which point, you can't watch TV at all on your little 30 inch screen.
    I am the lucid dream

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niuxe View Post
    I quit too, but still best game ever. Just not my playstyle anymore.

And if you say that you're don't need to do dayli, that what will you spend you VP on?
    If you've chosen a semi-serious raiding guild that requires you to max your gear outside of raiding to offer the best chance of succes, then yes.., you need to do dailies, but it's still a choice you've made by wanting to be in a semi-serious raiding guild.

If you've chosen to be in a casual guild, there's no requirement from the guild about you doing the above, and as such you can chose not to do dailies.., on the other hand, if your the player who just naturally wants to bring everything to the table possible, then that's also a choice your making.

If your not raiding at all, maybe only doing LFR if even that, you can also chose not to do daily quests.

In all of the above it's a matter of choice (options; do =/= don't), in option 1 it's required, option 2 and 3 it's not and it really don't matter if you cap your valors or not then, but in all the 3 types of choices dailies isn't required to be able to raid successfully as the gear provided in heroic dungeons is by far enough. (outside of dungeons there's also craftable items, Sha, Galleon, PvP, Scenario's)

Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    Serious raider yeah right. As if every player here is in a top 50 guild. And you said it yourself - it was maybe important to them for 1-2 weeks at best. I don't do any dailies anymore as I simply don't need the gear.
    We forget that MANY top guilds did normal mode in blues and greens, they didn't NEED rep and Valor rewards.
    I am Dave ! Yognaught, and I have the balls!

They should implement weekly quests. Like maybe one or two per faction, longer quests, more awesome that you can only do one time per week (obvious). And with a way bigger reward. So people that can't play the game for more than 1hour everyday would feel better.
    And the nerds that do it all everyday still get more rep than the casual baddies.

Deleted
    All I read pretty much is saying the same thing.

urgh i am gona quit if u dnt get rid of optional cntent!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck finding an MMO that doesn't require mind-numbingly boring grinding. If you find one, PM me about it, I've played most of them up to now and I can't say I've found one yet.

---------- Post added 2012-10-31 at 12:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    I simply outright refuse to do the Golden Lotus, Klaxxi boregrinds - they're lazy content and I despise every second of them. I also believe this is the best way to handle it, if Blizzard sees no one is doing their content, they'll stop spending time making it.

Being valor capped since week 3 is annoying, but I can live with it, never getting the mounts sucks, but I can appreciate cosmetic items being tied to things I don't want to do.
    This. All this.

10+ Year Old Account
    The analogy fails when you understand that the bigger TV will help you watch your programs better, and that you and 9 or 24 of your buddies are all watching the same show and all want to be able to talk to each other equally about it without having to worry about you not getting the nice one like they did and maybe they'll start watching TV with the guy down the road who does have the same TV as them, at which point, you can't watch TV at all on your little 30 inch screen.
    I'd say having read both your posts, the only one failing is you not recognising it's a choice, either through the player you choose to be, or the guild you choose to be part of.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    "I want something, but I don't want to do what I need to in order to get it!! WAAAAHHHHH"

The problem is that you and all the other whiny people want to just get rep for free, from wearing a tabard and doing other stuff. Blizz decided that was too easy because, well, it was. You were getting rep even if you did nothing for that faction. It was silly and they should have never used that system.

Look, I get t hat dailies can be boring. I'd make some changes and give people a few other ways to get rep with some factions, ideally by typing certain dungeons to a faction much like TBC. But at this point you're just bitching. It's not hard to get enough rep to get most of the stuff that you'd want. If you want Exalted with everyone, well, yeah, that's a lot of work. But that's because Exalted SHOULD mean something. It shouldn't be stupidly easy to gain exalted with every faction in the first two months of the expansion.
    Yeah, way to take what I said out of context.

I don't hate the rep grind. I like the rep grind.
    I hate the DAILIES, and the fact that I am forced to have these reputations to be able to spend my valour points.

If it were just rep you would be getting for doing the dailies with no valour point reward incentive on the vendors, then whatever, the dailies would be acceptable then. But I am forced to have reputations to spend a currency that I have earned through other means, and that currency has a cap!
    People do not get the reputations for the sake of having reputations. They get the reputations for the sake of being able to buy the valour point gear. So for one aspect of the game (gearing up) I am forced to do another aspect of the game that I either don't have the required time for, because it's gated daily content, or don't actually want to do (because I'm in no rush to get the reps or the mounts).
    I think it's silly that people should need reps to feel better in another part of the game. Different aspects of the game can have links between one another every now and then because it makes sense. But one part of the game shouldn't be required for another.

Not that I think the tabards were a good way of doing it, but why is it seen as a bad thing to do dungeons and get free rep, but it's OK to do dailies to unlock the VP gear (because that's why people do it) and receive free rep? Either way you look at it you're doing one thing and getting the other thing AS WELL with no additional effort.

Deleted

A real life analogy:

That's it in a nutshell.

I understand your point but I still highly disagree. You (not just you alone btw) seem to forget, that the norm of any serious raiding guild is, that you do what ever you can to min/max your character. You do this, because 1) It makes progressing easier and more likely to even happen 2) Because not doing so, is letting your fellow raiders down and will result in a bench spot.

Forget about the whole "choice" part. Cause yes, we all make choices everyday and sure we could chose not to play the game. But we do play the game and we pay for it as well. As a paying customer, I'm just saying that this type of game design does nothing but make me feel like I have no real choice in the matter - other than stop raiding=stop playing in my case.

Lets rewind a bit. Blizzard clearly stated, that they want players to do what they feel like and not being forced to do something they don't like. I believe that was part of the reason why they removed tabards. Not the sole reason but part of it, cause it "forced" people to do dungeons, if they wanted the reputation. Now we just have a reverse situation, a situation that's even worse than the tabard system in terms of the time restraints. You could run the dungeons, when you had the time. You could wait until enough guildies or friends were online and then go as a full premade. You can't do that with the daily quests, cause missing 1 day=setting you back and you can't make up for that loss.

Also, keep in mind that people who raid more serious than just 1 raid per week plus LFR or don't care at all about their progression, they strive to be the best they can be. It's the nature of humans and it's incorporated in the game via raiding or Arena. So obviously people who dedicate many hours every week to raid, will do what ever it takes to perform at their best - including getting the gear available.

And you may not think that missing a few epics here and there is a big deal but when you're wiping at 3% on a Heroic encounter, those extra epics on all raiders can indeed make the difference between a 3% wipe or a kill. And that's why we feel like we don't have a choice.

---------- Post added 2012-10-31 at 01:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    I don't care if it's childish or not when it's true. She does have a choice, to not do the dailies, the only reward from them is valor gear which she doesn't need to raid. One hour is easily enough to do lotus and klaxxi, especially if you do them as a group, I did lotus this morning with two guild mates to help them out, all the lotus dailies in about 15 minutes tops.

Also 15 minutes to open lockboxes and craft flasks for people every day? I seriously doubt that. I do flasks and stuff for guild mates too, and it takes like 20 seconds.

Again you're not really reading what I write are you? She does need that VP gear, if she wants to be in the guild and keep her core raiding spot - end of discussion. You did your dailies in a guild group this morning, how is she supposed to do that, when she has to get up at 6 am to go to work?

She has several alts that she needs to check. In a guild with 200+ members where many people send mats and lock boxes on a daily basis, then yes, it can indeed take 15 mins.

You chose to take out the parts that support your own opinion, not working.

Tabards where boring, but less anoying than the dailyquestgrinding.
    At least the questing gives us benefits for raiding (the charms) not only rep.
    But in my eyes they are very near to mandatory for raiders because of that

My idea: give each faction a "Help! We (insert faction) need help in (insert dungeon)" - quest once/twice a day, rewarding 500 rep each, so you can go an do a bounded amount of instances and get a limited rep gain per day, out of an alternative source.
    If the repgain from doing quests+instances would be to much, they could implement an artificial per day limit in rep gained.
    (As its done with valor/honor per week)
    Last edited by TheTrueM4gg0t; 2012-10-31 at 12:29 PM.

Deleted
    That's the sad part, it doesn't, yes you can watch the show a little better but it's not needed, that 30" screen will allow you to watch the show, sure the 60" would be better but this isn't about better it's about what's needed.

To flip this back to talking about the game, if you need the 489 gear to clear content designed for 463 then the problem isn't the dailies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    I understand your point but I still highly disagree. You (not just you alone btw) seem to forget, that the norm of any serious raiding guild is, that you do what ever you can to min/max your character. You do this, because 1) It makes progressing easier and more likely to even happen 2) Because not doing so, is letting your fellow raiders down and will result in a bench spot.

Forget about the whole "choice" part. Cause yes, we all make choices everyday and sure we could chose not to play the game. But we do play the game and we pay for it as well. As a paying customer, I'm just saying that this type of game design does nothing but make me feel like I have no real choice in the matter - other than stop raiding=stop playing in my case.

Lets rewind a bit. Blizzard clearly stated, that they want players to do what they feel like and not being forced to do something they don't like. I believe that was part of the reason why they removed tabards. Not the sole reason but part of it, cause it "forced" people to do dungeons, if they wanted the reputation. Now we just have a reverse situation, a situation that's even worse than the tabard system in terms of the time restraints. You could run the dungeons, when you had the time. You could wait until enough guildies or friends were online and then go as a full premade. You can't do that with the daily quests, cause missing 1 day=setting you back and you can't make up for that loss.

Also, keep in mind that people who raid more serious than just 1 raid per week plus LFR or don't care at all about their progression, they strive to be the best they can be. It's the nature of humans and it's incorporated in the game via raiding or Arena. So obviously people who dedicate many hours every week to raid, will do what ever it takes to perform at their best - including getting the gear available.

And you may not think that missing a few epics here and there is a big deal but when you're wiping at 3% on a Heroic encounter, those extra epics on all raiders can indeed make the difference between a 3% wipe or a kill. And that's why we feel like we don't have a choice.

---------- Post added 2012-10-31 at 01:20 PM ----------

Again you're not really reading what I write are you? She does need that VP gear, if she wants to be in the guild and keep her core raiding spot - end of discussion. You did your dailies in a guild group this morning, how is she supposed to do that, when she has to get up at 6 am to go to work?

She has several alts that she needs to check. In a guild with 200+ members where many people send mats and lock boxes on a daily basis, then yes, it can indeed take 15 mins.

You chose to take out the parts that support your own opinion, not working.
    Maybe she should leave the guild then, if it doesn't fit to her play style. Point stands that doing dailies are not mandatory in any way. Blizzard is not held responsible for guild rules.

10+ Year Old Account
    You could also find a less progressive guild. But if you want to stay, then you better choose to do your dailies. Blizzard isn't forcing you, you and your guild are.

IMHO only heavy progression guilds can complain about this as they need as much gear as possible but that's a choice (although as other people pointed out, once you get into actual raiding, you'll be replacing that gear almost the instant you get it). If the best gear was found in PVP then those same people would grind arena. They choose to grind whatever will get them the best, as fast as possible. So as long as you choose that style of play you better be prepared to do some crappy stuff in order to stay on top.
    Last edited by dryankem; 2012-10-31 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Banzhe View Post
    I'd say having read both your posts, the only one failing is you not recognising it's a choice, either through the player you choose to be, or the guild you choose to be part of.
    Meta as fuck.

I just want to be the same player I was before the dailies, to do that, I now have to do dailies. The choice wasn't made by me, it was made by Blizzard.

---------- Post added 2012-10-31 at 12:37 PM ----------

That's the sad part, it doesn't, yes you can watch the show a little better but it's not needed
    Most raid leaders worth their salt would disagree given the option to.
    I am the lucid dream

Deleted
    Meta as fuck.

I just want to be the same player I was before the dailies, to do that, I now have to do dailies. The choice wasn't made by me, it was made by Blizzard.

---------- Post added 2012-10-31 at 12:37 PM ----------

Most raid leaders worth their salt would disagree given the option to.
    You clearly are not the same player then.