Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm just curious if this is the level of quality we're supposed to expect from the player model updates, or if they'll be even better. While this is a nicer model, the fact that it's still relying on the original one still kind of dates and hobbles it a bit, and I wonder if he has updated animations. He's good, but I'm not sure if I'd consider him Pandaren-level good.
    On the other hand though, if the player models are going to look even better, that means even after updating all these racial leaders, after the big update, they'll just go back to looking crappy in comparison. So I'm not really sure what to think or hope for.

I do like him though, but then he's Vol'jin, hard not to like him. I'm sure he'll be scaled bigger than regular Trolls, but was expecting a bit of model tweaking for him. I do think he could use a bigger nose (even though the one he has now is big compared to regular people, with his tusks being so ginormous it no longer looks big enough), his ears look a little copy/pasted from Goblins, but if I don't think about it too hard that sort of goes away, and some of the textures, especially around his feet, are still kind of old and crappy, but it's definitely an appreciated improvement.

Deleted
    I can see now why Blizzard is being cautious about old races model revamp.
    This new model sucks really bad in my opinion.
    That said, I won't care as long as I can choose to keep my old model.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    He has big lips. If they were jutting, they'd look the same. Volin's upper lip is not even visible so I really hope you're not doing what I said you were and thinking his lip tat is the outline of his lip, the warpaint goes far above the line of his lip.
    Also, we've talked about your qualm enough. Let's look like real men and grow our beards now.
    Not sure what your beef is but you don't need to reply to me. It looks bad to me either way. I'm not sure why that bothers you so much and I don't care either. I'm allowed to clarify myself when people are clearly confused about my point. I replied to a totally different person who claimed it was exactly how he always looked by pointing out that it wasn't. You didn't need to respond but you did and managed to totally miss the point in the process.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    I remember when blizzard changed something from the human female model in WOTLK because of a bug of some sort (dont recall, think it was something on the right eye) the change was SOOOOOO small, like even hard to see, and the Forums went fucking insane!!!!! like exploded. Its goin to be a shitstorm whenever they do change models, no matter how amazing they look.
    Well it's a matter of taste so because *you* find it amazing doesn't mean it's "true" (there's no truth in beauty...)
    But there's an easy way out of the shitstorm : allow players to keep the old model if they want.

More rags, huh.. I wouldn't mind if that was his peacetime getup, but to imagine him dangling around like that during Siege of Orgrimmar... it feels like a drag queen entering a corporate business meeting. He feels ill-equipped for battle is what I'm saying.

Hell, could be just a case of getting used to. I hated Garrosh's model at first, but nowadays I think it suits him perfectly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fact of the matter is this. We've gotten use to seeing Vol'jin as this:

pretty unremarkable troll model that anyone could have transmogged now. So suddenly seeing vol'jin as having more detailing, texturing and design is probably pause for thought for many.

Looking at this image though:

your notice in the new model, his ears, lips, face paint and even fearce, fanged expression is exactly how they portrayed him. So any objection to this is like comparing a new pair of shoes to wearing plastic bags over your feet.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Maybe, but it reminds me of clown makeup and it wasn't there in any other picture of him.
    Clown makeup. Tribal facepaint.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    More rags, huh.. I wouldn't mind if that was his peacetime getup, but to imagine him dangling around like that during Siege of Orgrimmar... it feels like a drag queen entering a corporate business meeting. He feels ill-equipped for battle is what I'm saying.

Hell, could be just a case of getting used to. I hated Garrosh's model at first, but nowadays I think it suits him perfectly.
    To be honest, WoW is really not the game to judge how battle ready a character is, due to the armour its wearing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    your notice in the new model, his ears, lips, face paint and even fearce, fanged expression is exactly how they portrayed him. So any objection to this is like comparing a new pair of shoes to wearing plastic bags over your feet.
    You'd be surprised at the number of people who prefer their old worn shoes to new shinies.
    The thing is I don't recognize him anymore. To me, this is not Vol'jin.

That said it's not important if the majority of players do prefer him like that.
    But let *me* keep my old beloved troll model (and if the player model is anything like Vol'jin's, I bet I won't be the only one).
    Those that like this new model can use it to play, I don't care.

Deleted
    Looks very good, I hope that means also we're one step closer to updated models.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post

perhaps I should one time introduce you to the super hero naked justice.

But back to wow, if Thrall can fight against an empowered blackmoore, twilight infused benedictus, and deathwing in nothing but ripped leather, and if Sylvanas can fight in what is basicly a metal bikini, then Vol'jin can fight perfectly fine in his troll tribal gear.

There tribal, primitive characters, they aren't humans in white armor or blood elves in golden leaf armor.

---------- Post added 2012-10-30 at 10:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by gurv View Post
    You'd be surprised at the number of people who prefer their old worn shoes to new shinies.

That said it's not important if the majority of players do prefer him like that.
    But let *me* keep my old beloved troll model (and if the player model is anything like Vol'jin's, I bet I won't be the only one).
    well its a shame you feel that way, because to me, he looks more like how I've pictured vol'jin then he ever has, since the anniversary poster.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Am i the only that think they might be testing some new models by updating some faction leaders first? The BE faction leader is in line for an model update since he is also have alot of action in the next patches

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FurryFang View Post
    Am i the only that think they might be testing some new models by updating some faction leaders first? The BE faction leader is in line for an model update since he is also have alot of action in the next patches
    maybe maybe not.

Blizz said Dwarf models are the closest to being complete, but we have not seen any new dwarf models
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Looks like he's wearing a set of Bagpipes! ..Very morbid Bagpipes... but Bagpipes nonetheless!

Loving his new look

Quote Originally Posted by gurv View Post

Then you probably didn't know Vol'jin was in WarCraft 3, is a witch doctor/shadow hunter, and that his old model is really not representative of what he should look like. And I don't know why you keep talking about player models. This isn't a player model. This is Vol'jin, leader of a tribe. This is what he should look like; it has nothing to do with you.

10+ Year Old Account
    This new model is making me wet! I think I peed a little...

If this is what the new troll models will look then sign me up for another Annual Pass!

10+ Year Old Account
    ears and mouth need some work, but damn near perfect and amazing, TROLL BEARD MON

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    It says vol'jin wounded (I assume after Garrosh tries to have him assassinated) But where, can't see any wounds on him?

Look up near his neck, there's some stitching near his throat. It's hard to catch until the end of the second turnaround. Took me a few attempts to find it. Kinda fails honestly.....

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Those tusks make him look like a bellend, just the way they're attached to his mouth. Even still, I can't hate that model. Kudos to the blizzard team who designed it.

Very nearly identical to his Battle Cry rendition. I've been looking forward to this model upgrade and hoped it would be ugly and yet badass at the same time. The gathering of the lips around the back of his tusks bug me a little, but I can ignore it, you'd need to go into first person view on your toon to really see it well in-game. *digs up battlecry wallpaper* Honestly, looking at the art and the model, I can only pick out one thing that *I* see on the art that's not on the model: Pants. I'm not seeing a knee joint on there, so....either Wei was running late and needed to finish up quick with some quick brushstrokes(not bashing Wei, he's a phenomenal painter) or he's supposed to be wearing some form of trousers.

Now I will study (the model)