Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Dead for fighting back or dead by collateral damage, and ironically the solution to both is to kick the terrorists out.
    Attempting to kick the terrorists out gets them killed. Not doing it gets them killed, assuming we continue killing them. Is it OK to kill innocent people because the enemy would do the same thing?

We have a choice. We can realistically stop killing them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roflmfao View Post
    Your absolutely correct, however our country is trillions of dollars in debt and part of that is not only from wars we get involved in, but also from rebuilding after we have said wars. These wars cost our society tax dollars and more importantly the lives of our children and friends. This is all based on the "civilized" peoples decision. There is nothing civilized about that. Wars may or may not have a just cause, but for the burdens they impose on society there should be some rewards to make it worth while and thus I say "to the victors go the spoils"

Your remarks are incredibly vapid and further commentary on them would get me infracted.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyopz View Post
    Your remarks are incredibly vapid and further commentary on them would get me infracted.
    Do you realize you are arguing with someone whose screen name is "roflmfao"?

---------- Post added 2012-11-02 at 06:58 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    Attempting to kick the terrorists out gets them killed. Not doing it gets them killed, assuming we continue killing them. Is it OK to kill innocent people because the enemy would do the same thing?

We have a choice. We can realistically stop killing them.
    Or we can try to root out the terrorists minimizing the civilian deaths. And we can try to make the civilians living in our zones of control feel safe.
    Which is what we are trying to do, anyway. It's not as if the drones are doing something that wouldn't be asked (and obtained) from living pilots, if it was physically possible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Or: how about you understand that this isn't symmetrical warfare, and so you aren't going to have two armies lining up on either side to trade blows? You're trying to compare asymmetric warfare to previous conflicts, all of which (that you're using as comparison points, anyway) were symmetrical. Apples to potatoes, man.
    Seriously? Can you please pick up a history book, any history book, and read it. There have been plenty of asymmetric conflicts throughout the history.

Goes right back to the point of why the fuck are you letting terrorists hang around you.
    It doesn't quite work like that in reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zeophor View Post
    Seriously? Can you please pick up a history book, any history book, and read it. There have been plenty of asymmetric conflicts throughout the history.
    Can you please read carefully before responding? I explicitly stated that I was referring to the conflicts they're using as comparison points, not the entire history of armed conflict in general. They're using previous, modern wars as comparison points (WW2 is the most popular) and those were all symmetrical warfare.

It doesn't quite work like that in reality.
    Which does not make it any less true.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow