Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Should Fury go for Agi over Strength?

Ok, so, I got to thinking and have a question. Right now 1 Crit > 1 Strength. Cool, I can deal with that. But doesn't 1 Agility = 1 crit for Fury Warriors? (And isn't it actually 1 Agi = 2 crit?) Either way, doesn't that mean that at the moment at least, fury warriors should be gemming/enchanting/gearing for agility rather than strength? I know this kinda goes in the face of everything "Warrior" but it's a thought. If the conversion is wrong, then lemme know.

It takes 10,000 Agi to equal 1% Crit.

And seeing as you only have ~200 unbuffed?

I think you can figure this out. ;P

Crit is no longer better than strength if you have zero strength. They make each other exponentially better so there must be a certain amount of strength for crit to actually pull ahead, which you lose if you go for agi.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckles View Post
    fury warriors should be gemming/enchanting/gearing for agility rather than strength?
    Short answer: No.
    Long answer: Hell no!

EDIT: Strength as a stat still generally tops Crit but we gem for Crit because we get so much more rating per gem on it.
    Last edited by Nakkí; 2012-11-02 at 10:00 AM.
    Nakkiz of Memento <EU-Frostwhisper>

Deleted
    What's up with people asking if agility is better than strength on these forums..

but he must be very good, because realm first 90!

You have to remember that crits need AP to make them hit harder. No point with 100% crit chance if you're doing 20k DPS... AFAIK agility only gives crit to warriors, and at a lower rate than actual crit (maybe). Being a melee class, you might be able to use agility weapons, assuming the weapon damage on them was substantially greater than that of the str weapon they were replacing, but that's pretty much the one and only exception.

ok, so Ryve, you're saying that 1 agility is less than 1 crit, not equal to or more. That would make a difference. I'll do an agility to crit test tonight and come back with the actual conversion rate because I think that's where we're all butting heads.

I would say no, never enchant agility. I was under the impression that crit outweighed strength because the gems give double stats ( 320 vs 160 ) over strength gems. Strength is really strong for us still. There is relevent info in the fury guide stickied at the top of the warrior forums.
    Last edited by Ondonnick; 2012-10-31 at 04:14 PM.

In BC and part of LK, agility used to give us crit (1ag was about 2 crit, if I remember correctly). Blizzard changed that because warriors kept wearing all that lovely leather rogue gear.
    We no longer ever want agility on our gear.

---------- Post added 2012-10-31 at 11:07 AM ----------

And btw, that's the reason Outland plate gear still has strength and agility on it. They never updated this gear.

I seriously doubt, that out of the entire warrior community, you somehow miraculously discovered that Agility is better than Strength for us and that no one else has come to this greatest of conclusions.

I'm all for a little thinking outside of the box, but this is taking it to a whole new level of ridiculous and is providing nothing useful to these forums. If Agility benefited us in any way whatsoever, I'm pretty sure it would be well documented at this point.

I think he's just not aware that agility no longer gives us crit.

Chill dude

They changed agility way back afaik. Just keep adding that str.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, so, I got to thinking and have a question. Right now 1 Crit > 1 Strength. Cool, I can deal with that. But doesn't 1 Agility = 1 crit for Fury Warriors? (And isn't it actually 1 Agi = 2 crit?) Either way, doesn't that mean that at the moment at least, fury warriors should be gemming/enchanting/gearing for agility rather than strength? I know this kinda goes in the face of everything "Warrior" but it's a thought. If the conversion is wrong, then lemme know.
    where are you getting your numbers? and like everyone else has said... No, hell no, hell fucking no...

---------- Post added 2012-10-31 at 11:12 AM ----------

ok, so Ryve, you're saying that 1 agility is less than 1 crit, not equal to or more. That would make a difference. I'll do an agility to crit test tonight and come back with the actual conversion rate because I think that's where we're all butting heads.
    Or.. you could check the sites of the people that have actually DONE the testing and parsing of the logs...

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/warriorfury try that... see what they say.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    i think this is generating a lot of confusion - Crit is NOT better than Str, it is fair to say that crit GEMS may be better than Str gems because of the secondary stat but thats not the same as saying that Crit is better than str

I simmed my toon buzzirl\frostwhisper (battle.net down so cant link) and Str was 2.2 and crit was 2.0

Maybe at higher gear levels ( i am 472) this will change

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzIrl View Post
    i think this is generating a lot of confusion - Crit is NOT better than Str, it is fair to say that crit GEMS may be better than Str gems because of the secondary stat but thats not the same as saying that Crit is better than str

I simmed my toon buzzirl\frostwhisper (battle.net down so cant link) and Str was 2.2 and crit was 2.0

Maybe at higher gear levels ( i am 472) this will change
    It's also spec dependant. For Arms STR > Crit, but Crit GEMS > STR Gems, because of the double stats.

For Fury though, Crit >> STR. Depending on your gear level it can be worth 3 times the value of STR.
    Cairne wanted to thank him again, to offer encouragement, praise for a task so successfully completed. For being able to bear such burdens. But Saurfang was an orc, not a blood elf, and lavish compliments and effusion would not be welcomed or wanted.

Ok, so I understand the gemming situation, but no one has given any info on actual conversion rates. Did a little research...

at level 90 1259.52 Agility = 1% Physical Crit
    at level 90 600 Crit = 1% Physical Crit

So, we're looking at 1 Agility = .476 Crit. Assuming whoever said that 2.2 crit = 2.0 strength was right, then that means that:

1 Strength = 2.31 Agility

Case solved. Still a good stat to have but not anywhere near as useful as crit or strength. Now to the question of if it's better than haste, lol....

10+ Year Old Account
    Last I remember fury warriors going for agi was back in TBC...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Ok, so I understand the gemming situation, but no one has given any info on actual conversion rates. Did a little research...

at level 90 1259.52 Agility = 1% Physical Crit
    at level 90 600 Crit = 1% Physical Crit

So, we're looking at 1 Agility = .476 Crit. Assuming whoever said that 2.2 crit = 2.0 strength was right, then that means that:

1 Strength = 2.31 Agility

Case solved. Still a good stat to have but not anywhere near as useful as crit or strength. Now to the question of if it's better than haste, lol....
    There's two problems with that logic though.

There's no agility plate (and you're not going to ever gem/enchant haste or agility)
    You can't reforge haste into agility (or any other primary stat minus spirit.)

Even if you find it weighs more than haste, getting it to eclipse haste is simply not reasonable. (You're also never going to be in a situation where you cant reforge that haste into crit/mastery/expertise/hit as items don't get more than two secondary stats.)

Absolutely NO.

They changed the way agil benefits str in cata (or just before cata if I remember right). They currently made agil useless for warriors due to warriors stupidly needing on agil gear because the scrubs figured an epic agil piece is an upgrade over a green str piece because of the crit benefits from agil. So to avoid having warriors Need on agil items, they made str always offer more than agil.

TL;DR: No, agil is useless. Str will ALWAYS be better for warriors.
    "If the people who are trying to destroy this world aren't taking a day off, then why should I?"

-Bob Marley