Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Main issue being that it's probably tuned around 485+ avg lvl, as MSV norm and VP gear provides 489 rewards. It's the start of the expansion, don't expect anything to be a pushover.
    if msv normal is beatable at 463, you would expect normal HoF to be beatable at 470 .. well, I would expect anyway haha
    I actually kind of like the current ramp up in difficulty, but I certainly wasn't expecting it.

Quote Originally Posted by dennisdkramer View Post
    if msv normal is beatable at 463, you would expect normal HoF to be beatable at 470 .. well, I would expect anyway haha
    I actually kind of like the current ramp up in difficulty, but I certainly wasn't expecting it.
    LFR requirements were initially 463 for MSV, and 470 for HoF/Terrace. Not to mention that beating DPS-checks like Garajal and Elegon in 463 average was still tight as hell for most guilds. Most that cleared 6/6 the first week had an average of 465-470 ilvl already due to BoE's, BMAH, etc.

While this thread was initially directed at 25M, there's enough 10M discussion here (along with a request for logs), so here's our kill:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=14192&e=14537

EDIT: WoL updated and is parsing the fights now, so I've updated the URL to include the exact segment of the kill.
    Last edited by Emerya; 2012-10-31 at 10:09 AM. Reason: WoL updated, so including the exact segment.

And wha about not using any tanks at all, just some plate dps soaking the frontal cone attack as I suggested before? that could help with the enrage as well... Also how many ppl are needed to handle the Pheromone debuff on live?

Quote Originally Posted by lerris View Post
    While this thread was initially directed at 25M, there's enough 10M discussion here (along with a request for logs), so here's our kill:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=14190&e=14540

WoL isn't registering the fights atm, so you have to just use the segment... it looks like it might be missing a few seconds at the beginning, but the numbers aren't too terribly off from what I saw in skada on the kill.
    Kudos to your healers, they're absolute beasts.

10+ Year Old Account
    We got it to 38% with 2 mins on enrage last attempt, it's extremely tight

(10m)
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

And wha about not using any tanks at all, just some plate dps soaking the frontal cone attack as I suggested before? that could help with the enrage as well... Also how many ppl are needed to handle the Pheromone debuff on live?
    Someone on the US R&D forums mentioned using that strat and wiping at 3%, so it's viable as well. I believe we used four people to handle the debuff (2 ranged, 2 tanks).

Deleted
    I am also interested in finding out of non tanks can take the cone attack - anyone test this?

Second, can a tank get hit by crush with shieldwall to buff vengeance or is crush included in one of those 1-shot mechanics that no longer give vengeance (or have i completely missed the changes to vengeance)

Well, I was going to post a log, but I guess I can't since I haven't made any posts before. Maybe later. Or maybe my husband will visit the thread and do it for me.

We three healed it on 10m, though it wasn't really necessary with how our Mistweaver was doing (100k hps). To the person asking about having a tank, no, it's not really necessary. We had one of our tanks go DPS and had me (holy paladin) take his place as a Furious Swipes soaker. I also replaced him in our pheromones rotation, so we had two healers, one tank, and a DPS handling that. This was mostly done to increase our raid DPS since we'd hit the enrage at 20% in a previous pull.

Furious Swipes left me at around 40% health with no cds if he had no stacks of fury. Even with me taking more damage than a tank would, it wasn't really hard to heal. The only major downside was that I was usually out of range of the other seven raid members and unable to remedy that. Still, it seemed like the best place to have a holy paladin is on that little group, so it wasn't really a huge issue. It also had the added bonus of making sure there was always a healer in range of everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Marthokable View Post
    Well, I was going to post a log, but I guess I can't since I haven't made any posts before. Maybe later. Or maybe my husband will visit the thread and do it for me.

We three healed it on 10m, though it wasn't really necessary with how our Mistweaver was doing (100k hps).
    and you beat the enrage 3 healing?

---------- Post added 2012-10-31 at 06:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by PowerGamez View Post
    Kudos to your healers, they're absolute beasts.
    they also have a ton of highly ranked dps.. my hopes for killing it this week are swiftly diminishing

Quote Originally Posted by dennisdkramer View Post
    and you beat the enrage 3 healing?
    By 9 seconds, yes. Had we not downed it tonight, we planned to start with two healers tomorrow. We also three healed H Gara'jal, so we apparently like to go against the norm.

Also, WoL has started recognizing HoF logs now. Since I can't post it, you can view it under US Drak'thul - Amorphous if you're really curious.

By 9 seconds, yes. Had we not downed it tonight, we planned to start with two healers tomorrow. We also three healed H Gara'jal, so we apparently like to go against the norm.

Also, WoL has started recognizing HoF logs now. Since I can't post it, you can view it under US Drak'thul - Amorphous if you're really curious.
    The first 10 man Gara HC kill was 3 healed, and as far as I've understood, quite a bit other kills too. So not sure how against the norm it is =P.
    I'm curious, to the US guilds who have been doing the fight, rogues can cleave with flurry, and the 100% dmg from legs gets smashed into the actual body? Will the dmg buff from one leg make you do 100% dmg to another leg? (EG, have dot classes in one circle, dot the other legs around the body, will they take the increased dmg).

Here's your log, if you don't mind me posting it:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=8968&e=9320

Also, impressive output from your monk. I unglyphed Renewing Mist for the fight when I really shouldn't have (I was worried about it jumping to a pheremone kiter and not jumping back). I can see a pretty big difference in their coverage with it versus my own though. Definitely noted for next week.

It looks like your feral is still reforged for haste and using HOTW - this is no longer a good idea :P

So you had 1 tank and your healers each did about 15k dps, not to mention your rogue doing an absurd 140k
    hrm.. lots to ponder

About the Pheromone debuff - basically deals the same damage to raid as to the currently debuffed person - can you mitigate this by Blessing of Sacrifice, PW: Shield, Pain Supression on the pheromone target to mitigate the damage done to raid?

Deleted
    Rogues are really strong for the legs. Let them do their thing with Blade Flurry on the leg that mends and they should be able to get the leg pretty low without much help before peeling off to the new spawn - then the other melee just finishes it off. Gives the range full uptime on the boss and any other melee dps significant uptime. Beat enrage by about 10 seconds after a rejig with this strat

This is still a 10man perspective, but I guess with rogues and other strong cleave classes it could work for 25mans as well

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    I'm curious, to the US guilds who have been doing the fight, rogues can cleave with flurry, and the 100% dmg from legs gets smashed into the actual body? Will the dmg buff from one leg make you do 100% dmg to another leg? (EG, have dot classes in one circle, dot the other legs around the body, will they take the increased dmg).
    You can do all melee cleaves from leg to boss, but you need to find just the right positioning. From what I can tell, it will give you the 100% extra damage to the body.

You cannot cleave from 1 leg to another (they are just too far apart). From what I experienced, you cannot cleave from the body onto the leg.

Shame our only melee dps is paladin who cant effectively cleave from leg to body :-D My hopes in clearing HoF this week are kinda faint xD

10+ Year Old Account
    1.4% wipe to enrage

I nearly burst into tears
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold of Skullcrusher View Post
    About the Pheromone debuff - basically deals the same damage to raid as to the currently debuffed person - can you mitigate this by Blessing of Sacrifice, PW: Shield, Pain Supression on the pheromone target to mitigate the damage done to raid?
    negative, the debuff essentially deals X damage to everyone, not X damage to the target and then the same amount to the raid.