Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Did you feel any dissonance when you wrote this?

If not. Would you like to be a fox news pundit?
    One side dominating has got nothing to do with class balance in this game. If you want I can put it more bluntly: maybe the other side just has better players? Again nothing to do with class balance itself.

The game has been out for almost a year and some people still don't get what mirror classes mean.

Really?...Really?

That's a pretty terrible argument to state 'end of discussion'.

Mirror classes have nothing to do with the overall balance of a game.
    My responce was to an argument about class balance.
    Last edited by zorkuus; 2012-11-02 at 12:45 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Really?...Really?

That's a pretty terrible argument to state 'end of discussion'.

Mirror classes have nothing to do with the overall balance of a game. Let's look at some factors that determine balance ok?
    1) Faction preference
    2) Server
    3) Time Zones
    4) Players constantly in flux
    5) Desire to PvP
    6) Ability to PvP

Any of these factors can be altered to produce a significantly different balance in the game. Mirror classes have absolutely nothing to do with what someone is experiencing. If you are ending a discussion with that point, it must be an entirely different discussion than this one.

Edit:
    Using a much more prevalent video game as an example, we can't exactly say what causes this imbalance. What we can definitively say is that the distinction is noticeable.
    There is defintely a distinction, and its bloddy noticable! - I played 20 wz last night - REP blitz us on Hutball 6-0 every time! - We did scrape a victory together on snow /grass level but its never a white wash its always a very hard match, and we win only by grit and determination, unlike when rep win which is an annilation! - So to recap 20 matches played 2 victorys. I played from 9pm till 1am - This usually is the norm with no real exception more so for solo pvp, im not grouping. I dont recal the last night I logged in and enjoyed several wins, not to the scale in which rep dominate. Theres a distinction, and its defintely a very real and very demorolising distinction. if your facing 1/2 sentinals a decent trooper, and a handfull of sages, good scoundral healer, ur royally fucked even if u bring in the guild big guns its a struggle. They just seem to have a very good formation - good indidually but collectively they are deadly, more dealy then the right mix of emp players i think.

---------- Post added 2012-11-06 at 11:39 AM ----------

does making winning more enjoable though! - a positive note! - makes us feel like weve earnt it! lol

Low brackets...

I play on both sides... (T3-M4) and most of the times, Repulic side is really behind the learning curve. It's not about equipment, it's not about class composition (though playing against 4-5 healer sucks) but it's about playing as a team and having better players. I'm sure everyone has occasional downs, especially if you go alone or together... however overall, imperials are playing more "intelligent". Not all.. but more.

I can see the difference if I have to play against "good" players, you play against yourself, you have a very tight win/ loose and it's challenging but fun. I wasn't noticing it as much as a tank or as a healer but as a dps.... I'm sure everyone can agree that if you are sitting at 200k and the next starts at 85k... clearly people weren't stretching their potential (while playing for the objectives).

On the other side... I was surprised that especially republic player are swearing a lot more... they have overall more "communication" going on starting with a "hello everyone etc." in the beginning. On the imperial side, there is less communication but more tactical informations like... 3 going to X and so on.

There was once a person claiming... well all these republic players are much better because republic classes are better.... . It's another stupid claim to excuse themselves for not performing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm I play rep on Tomb and I feel like the empire wins most of the time o_O
    SWTOR: Loveray Legacy @ Tomb of Freedon Nadd | Toyboy • Spray • Loveshot • Thrilldrill • Seax • Penetro • Hotgun • Lustro
    FFXIV ARR: Thrill Drill | Odin EU
    • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
    Swtor eyecandy mm-mmmm! :Þ~