Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

[Holy] - Blade Lord Ta'yak

This is a Holy specific question where I'd like to see if anyone has tested this.

Has anyone tried using your bubble for an Unseen Strike targeted on you, or have you Hand of Protectioned someone targeted with it, and not stacked, to see if the damage is completely mitigated? People are still having trouble getting in the perfect position to make sure the damage is split correctly, so I want to try and mitigate this problem if possible. Being able to completely negate 3 Unseen Strikes via Clemency and bubble would really make this fight a lot easier to heal.

I can't find an answer so far on the forums if anyone has posted about it. Also, please don't post "it should work" answers.

Bubble doesn't work, so I doubt hand of protection works.

I couldn't get it to work for me
    --Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do- (B. Franklin)--

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatsu View Post
    I couldn't get it to work for me
    Boo. OK, thanks for the quick responses.

You will die if you take it with a bubble solo (discovered that last night). Since it did that, we didn't try Hand of Protection.

Immunities/complete damage blockers don't work, but Damage reduction does. Dispersion, for example, works well. I believe monks have a similar ability that could also handle the damage. I am talking about 10M though, the damage is quite a bit higher in 25M and might require more than just 90% DR.

We actually did a crap ton of testing on this mechanic. There is an overkill cap(900000 I think) and the ability hits for a lot so if you are by yourself it will still go through immune abils and even cauterize(It will pop it, but you'll still die). We did find if you pop an immune(bub, HoP, Iceblock) while stacked it nerfs the spread damage quite a bit. One thing that does work is a spriest can disperse+HoP and live by themselves. I would recommend saving your bub for the sub 20% tornado phase or you can use it to clear your rend(Wind Step). It really doesn't matter though because we found that we could use the knock back to move us around the room and out of the areas getting overrun by tornados.

Some useful abils to use on knock back are glyph for 20% phys damage on 40% shield(personal), warrior demo banner, SLT, disco spirit shell, and barrier. This is just what I've seen work with my own experience.

All this testing was done in 10 man, and I'm sure the spriest disperse+HoP trick wont work in 25s.

we tested this with a lot of immunities, and death saves like BoP, iceblock, bubble, deterrence, cauterize, cheat death. none of them seem to work.

i think a lot of people are overthinking the mechanic. we wasted a lot of time trying to actively control the direction of the cleave and the knockback and had a lot of deaths when it didn't go where we expected it too or the person targeted didn't point themselves correctly when they stacked. we don't even know if our theory about the directionality of the ability was correct.

either way, when we stopped trying to actively control the cleave and the knockback and instead concentrated on getting everyone topped off and stable even if it required cooldowns we we had much more success.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"