Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeydivision82 View Post
    At this point, why not just give a smaller amount of gear from a boss in a raid if you get him to 5% and wipe? You shouldn't have to be rewarded for trying, no matter how hard you try, you get rewarded for completing a task.
    I can't agree with you on the grounds of this very problem. A raid boss is a static entity with a predetermined difficulty and a researchable behavior. The players in a battleground come in various classes, specs, talent setups, experience levels and skill levels. You cannot simply know what a group of 10-to-25 players are going to do in every instance immediately upon entering a match. Feng isn't going to stop in the middle of Phase 2 after he realizes he can easily kill the healers if he focuses on them and then easily finish the rest of the party. A few players from the opposing team may notice a Holy Paladin slightly behind a group of DPS players and see an opening to chain-CC and burst that healer down with a variety of methods not necessarily predictable by your own team.

They aren't rewarding you for "almost being good enough to win." They're rewarding you for nearly matching another group of player's skills but ultimately losing. It's incentive to keep trying when you're on a losing streak.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    It would be frustrating to not get at least something out of it, when you're losing.

That's ridiculous. Defeat should have no reward associated with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Appletini View Post
    Agree. This isn't T-ball. There should be penalties for losing. In fact, not only should you lose a piece of gear, you should be locked out of any more matches for a day once you lose. That way we have the cream rise to the top. We don't want this to be some sort of bush league sport, especially with such a huge number of people doing RBGs everyday.
    I feel like some idiot has already taken this post seriously, but I CBA to read every page of this thread.

I just want to applaud your sarcasm for helping put this into perspective.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HardCoder View Post
    RBGs are a feature in search of an audience. They're trying not to let the time spent on development go to waste, which it has so far, so they're continuing to try to find conservative ways to attract more players to RBGs. Sorry, does this change affect you negatively in a personal way?

I still think RBGs were a complete waste of time and should have been created as a "better random queued BG without bots" with CAPTCHAs to verify players, but instead they've become 10v10 arena for .001% of the player base.
    Let's just forget that the playerbase cried about wanting it? Like most of the things Blizzard do, they listen, create and then get some people like you to whine about it.