Thread: PvP Questions

PvP Questions

Hi there, I am trying to play healer in arenas but generally I can not manage bursts. I will make a short list of problems i am experiencing. Any suggestion will be appreciated.

1- I can not fear warriors even with psyfiend, when I am using my symbiosis he reflects it back to me and when he chases me i simply am dead. Holy spec disorient is not helping that much either.

2- Slows are unavoidable, I use phantasm but again 3 seconds isnt generally too bright.

3- Today I played againts a Retridin and Enchaman. I chastised, feared , fear again then cycloned but paladin was still running to me. What am I supposed to do ? (My drood were ccing shammy too)

4- In same match as 3rd topic I made 1.3m healing in like 20 secs but i still died. Used the angel, life change, tier 6 heal.Anything i have but i died.

5- My mana goes down faster than other healers. I use BE racial. Improved shadowfiend and never spam skills, i even use inner will but mana dies so fast.(in a match i tried to drink it said unusable in arena. is there a specific drink or it is disallowed completely ?)

6- I can not go offensive either because if i get interrupted i can not heal either which is a great problem.

I will add more questions if i happen to remember a specific problem . Thanks for help in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Djoron View Post
    First of all: I'm nowhere near to being an arena-god, or anything alike, but I have some experience in PvP and most of your problems are things that kinda require just a few general tips, imo.
    It might be that everything written here is pointless and you know and do that already, in that case just ignore my post. :P

1. ask him to dispell the Berserk Rage buff.

3. Try dispelling the Hand of Freedom if you want to root / slow him

Well...sucks to be you? ^^
    Against bursty teams: Try to put down a glyphed Lightwell preemptively and just try to CC the enemy when they use their damage cooldowns, or dispell them, if possible.
    Your partner/s also should be there to help you through such situations. Even ferals / owls can heal and it might just be enough to give you the needed room to breath again and get back in controll of the match.
    If you're having problems with certain combos, try to switch a few talents maybe, it might do the trick.
    It could also have been that they simply outgeared you by a huge lot, in such cases you often can't really do much, but get bursted into oblivion. ^^
    1st advice is really good thanks. i didnt know that much about druid utilities.

for 3rd as i said. i didnt even have time to dispel anything but shocks etc. from myself couldnt waste globals for that as you can imagine.

4 talent change seems logical but i dont want to sacrifice inner focus neither pennance nor the %10 reduction in disc so it is a bit complex.

i generally do as you say thanks for helping. I dont like whining but i wanted to ask if it is only me who is having difficulties. Shammies and droods seem to heal with ease in almost every situation. They can dispel and avoid fear, druid should dispel any root from himself so he can use dispel to others, shammy has 2x offensive dispel. we dont have any special utility like mana burn no longer. i think i'm going to stick to holy untill 5.1 and maybe focused will can be better for surviving.

The perception seems to be that Priests in arenas (as healers) are pretty bad. I haven't tried it myself, but it does seem like the others healers (except maybe Monks) have a much easier time in arenas than priests do. It could be your gear, not sure what that is looking like for you.

In Arena's in general if your team isn't peeling them off you properly, then you will die. Most of the time people won't instantly focus a healer, unless they see that your team isn't peeling when they apply pressure. This could be an issue for you as well.

Have you tried just going shadow? It may seem a little silly, but if you are playing with a Druid who can also help heal, it could be enough to keep everyone up with two off healers instead of a dedicated healer. As that is something that the devs have said is a concern of theirs. But until it gets nerfed, you might as well abuse it. Shadow is much stronger in Arena than holy or disc. (Disc used to be really strong, but the whole shields thing just doesn't seem to be cutting it right now, not sure whats up there.)

Holy has been pretty bad in arenas for a while now, and since it seems like disc sucks as well, you could be shit out of luck depending on your MMR.

with set4 bonus holy seems to be better than disc in arena. at least in my experience. i know i can go shadow but i just wanted to try something new and i lvled my priest than i figured that they killed all the fun of being a priest. i went in some arena with my warrior who has 8 contender piece and wiped some guyz from earth with storm bolt and shockwave, felt good problem is : do you think priest will be viable again in some patches as healer or should i just go play warrior or shadow maybe

Deleted
    Please have a look at the holy priest pvp guide I posted here recently
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5847925430