Imperial Vizier Zor'lock

Our guild was in HoF last night and had numerous wipes on the first boss. It's not a dps issue, but what were are having problems on is the right platform where he does his vortex scream and we have to stand in the bubble. Getting to the bubbles is not an issue, but healing through it is (before anyone asks, yes we have no more then 4 people per bubble). Is there a specific trick that we need to do? We have used CD, both healers and personal CD's, but can't seem to last long enough to get through more then 2 sets of screams. Our healers include a holy priest, holy paladin, and a Mistweaver Monk. Any constructive help is wanted.

heal moar? use personal cds? Without logs its hard to say...Either people aren't in the bubble or your healers are not timing cds right, did I mention logs would help?

We had a few wipes to bugged mechanics on him last night. Once he stayed on that platform from 100% all the way down to 69% before he transitioned off the platform, so we ate 3 screams and had no CDs for the 3rd, and once he only spawned one bubble instead of 3, so we died. That being said ...

We used a 2-healer 1-tank setup, and our DPS was such that we never got more than 2 scream phases (except the time he refused to leave that platform). We had a resto druid and a disc priest (and disc isn;t great for this fight, >_<), and we used paired CD's for each scream. Spirit shell w/ pre-bubbling and tree form for one, PI + barrier and tranq for the second. The cooldowns should be back up for phase 2 in the middle. If you're 3-healing it, you'll have more healing CDs to use for the 3 screams. Just use all your CDs for that mechanic, it's the only healing-intensive part of the fight.

Deleted
    Any druids in the raid who can symbiosis a priest for tranq? And 3 healers should be fine. We did this boss with 2 healers. And just pop personals during it, no other big dmg anywhere anyway if you don't fail on the discs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only had limited attempts Tuesday night I wanted to ask how you guys were dealing with splitting up for the bubbles. Is it a free for all? are you designating sides? do you have groups that go to the 1st 2nd or 3rd bubble?

My initial plan was to designate left and right range and melee middle, with the melee adjusting if there was one side with two bubbles. But Sometimes things make perfect since in my head but when I explain it to my raiders they sound like I just explained string theory to them.

Deleted
    Heal more, personal CD's, Healthstones

use 3 healers, there is no point in making the fight harder than what it needs to be

---------- Post added 2012-11-01 at 06:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by smegdawg View Post
    Only had limited attempts Tuesday night I wanted to ask out you guys were dealing with splitting up for the bubbles. Is it a free for all? are you designating sides? do you have groups that go to the 1st 2nd or 3rd bubble?

My initial plan was to designate left and right range and melee middle, with the melee adjusting if there was one side with two bubbles. But Sometimes things make perfect since in my head but when I explain it to my raiders they sound like I just explained string theory to them.
    Melee and tank in the bubble closest to the boss. Then we marked up 2 people, and asigned people to those people. so for us it ended up as a 4-3-3 deal. then only 2 people need to communicate wich bubble they take and then you just follow your mark.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keske View Post
    use 3 healers, there is no point in making the fight harder than what it needs to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Saif View Post
    Solo tank it and use 3 healers.
    I think they're already using 3 healers:
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrisath View Post
    Our healers include a holy priest, holy paladin, and a Mistweaver Monk.
    If it's not a DPS issue, then you should be able to knock off 20%+ of his health before he casts a third Force and Verve. Our DPS is pretty low so we always get 3 (just barely), but we manage to coordinate raid-wide CDs to survive that platform every time. I don't know pallys or monks well enough to tell you what CDs they should use, but this is what we've been doing:

1st cast: Healing tide + Vampiric embrace + Cascade/Halo
    2nd cast: Feral tranquility + Shadow priest tranquility (from Symbiosis)
    3rd cast: Everyone uses a healthstone and pops personal defensive cooldowns, hybrids heal themselves if necessary

If two shields are next to each other, our priest will use PW:Barrier and/or shaman will use Spirit Link totem, which means we can save some of the other cooldowns we would've used for later. You obviously don't have the same raid comp, but the same thing applies -- you need to plan out the order of raid CDs you're going to use so you don't over-compensate for one only to be left without any CDs for the last.

Deleted
    We assign 3 groups. Melee stay melee, a range/healer group take nearest to melee, and the rest/tank take the one furthest away from the boss. And as said above this is where every one chips in with healing cds or personal cds (iceblocks etc).

Quote Originally Posted by smegdawg View Post
    Only had limited attempts Tuesday night I wanted to ask how you guys were dealing with splitting up for the bubbles. Is it a free for all? are you designating sides? do you have groups that go to the 1st 2nd or 3rd bubble?

We marked a ranged in g1 and another in g2. Other g1 ranged stack on their mark, same for g2. They stayed positioned fairly close on either side, then went to the bubbles. The marked people called out a general direction for which bubble they were taking too. They do not always appear on opposite sides. Melee in the melee bubble, obviously. We also had an extra spot in the melee bubble, which a ranged could use. I think one of our healers hung out in there a time or two.

Other info: we 3 healed, 1 tanked. No real reason to set it up differently. Popped a raid cooldown for each scream, but I think there was one where we didn't have a CD. Just use personals and healthstones there. As a rogue, Feint made the damage trivial. Most people have something they can pop.