Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gilfanon View Post
    I healed a Scholomance run last night and the healing trinket dropped off gandling- the one which has the +mana proc on HEALING spells. Our mage who'd been pulling the lowest dps on the run rolls Need and wins the roll and when I call him on it he says "Sorry, I need the iLevel ". I momentarily wanted to rip his spleen out via my broadband cable, but that sort of asshattery has never made me want to do the same. Why be a dick and spread misery?

I have a hard time imagining what this Mage is like IRL- I would feel terrible if I'd screwed someone over on something as silly as loot in a heroic dungeon, it just makes me feel sorry for the guy that iLevel is more important to him than pissing people off and ruining their game. But then I've never understood trolling either- I must be wired differently.
    Same damn thing happened to me when I was healing my priest. Fucking mage rolls need on that trinket. First of all, I don't even know why he's allowed to do that. Secondly, I'm glad he's going to make a lot of use on that "procs on healing" proc.

Meanwhile, I'm stuck with a 433 trinket that I've had since 85.

I wanted to punch him through the internet.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theronus View Post
    Same here, being nice gets you nowhere with this community.
    Been that way since WotLK, what took you so long?

The WoW community is the second worst community I've ever had the displeasure with dealing with. Only Call of Duty fanboys are worse.

It's why I all my chat channels are turned off and I never bother reading party or raid chat. It's always full of assholes saying asshole things or doing asshole things like needing on a caster ring on their paladin because "they need the gold". Been going on for years now.

Every man for himself.

Deleted
    if you are a dick to ohters don't whine when some are a dick to you

Quote Originally Posted by Lulaine View Post
    if you are a dick to ohters don't whine when some are a dick to you
    Well qeueing for LFG as a healer, i sometimes roll on dps gear that someone who queued as dps needs aswell.

I ask myself the following questions and based on that, I roll or pass:
    • Did the other guy gem/enchant their 463+ ilvl gear?
    • How much of the time was he present?
    • Did he do his share of dps?
    • Did he stand in fire?
    • Was he polite or a complete asshat?

According to 90% of the people in this thread, it would be better if I qeued as dps, with my crappy dps gear instead of joining as whatever is most useful.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hovsa View Post
    Well qeueing for LFG as a healer, i sometimes roll on dps gear that someone who queued as dps needs aswell.

I ask myself the following questions and based on that, I roll or pass:
    • Did the other guy gem/enchant their 463+ ilvl gear?
    • How much of the time was he present?
    • Did he do his share of dps?
    • Did he stand in fire?
    • Was he polite or a complete asshat?

According to 90% of the people in this thread, it would be better if I qeued as dps, with my crappy dps gear instead of joining as whatever is most useful.
    Only point 5 and maybe 2 should be relevant.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    Because that's what the least educated people with lack of selfcontrol do, or people who are in dire need of food, etc.
    And what do you have to back this up?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    So, basically you chose to become part of the problem.

Nice....
    Yup - you're eventually going to be that one person who ninja's an item you don't need... and that person you stole it from will come to these forums and say "That's it! I'm done being nice!"

Incidentally - am I the only one who finds the irony in the OP having a Fluttershy MLP Avatar? :P

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    This is a big reason why I am so happy that SWTOR's group finder is same server only. We do not have this problem.
    Yeah....but wasn't this a big part of the reason the game kinda flopped? No group finder meant few/no dungeon runs with long queues meant very, very little to do meant people left in droves.

As for the OP....it happens. As it is, currently Blizzard intends dungeons to be used to gear you characters...OS and MS. Use them that way. Or don't...you'll just take longer to gear up. Personally, I have a bigger gripe with players who NEED items for which they already have better, or NEED on items they simply cannot use. I can't say I mind players needing on off-spec items too much. Or at all.

I expect the loot system to change. However, to be honest, my own feeling is that the RNG system has long outlived its usefulness. While it does retain a place within the game, I think the game has reached a point where random drops as a goal in itself needs to change. I'd like to see the VP system extended so that instead of buying pieces just to fill gaps in your gear, and to compensate for bad luck...that you actually get VP to buy your full set. Earn your gear. If everyone gets VP to spend on gearing up, noone needs to ninja, everyone gets rewarded for the kill and it still leaves room for RNG drops of special items, weapons, pets, and the occasional gear piece, etc.

EJL

Quote Originally Posted by Archermit View Post
    no, not part of the problem, but simply followin the golden rule. Do onto others what they do on to you
    That is not the Golden Rule

Do unto others as YOU WOULD HAVE THEM do unto you.