Poll: A fix to the daily grind options.

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Couldn't agree with you more. players should not feel forced to do anything in anyway and now a decent amount do cause of the rep required on valor gear.
    But dailies are optional? Raiders were told "you have lottery system of rewarding, and VP gear was meant for people who enjoy doing our antisocial dailies".

I found fix to daily grind personally. My solution is to raid log till sub expires (there is nothing to do outside raids if to ignore dailies anyway...). Too much must be repaired in game so I would resub. I am playing on some unofficial preCata servers atm, and man - it is not nostalgia, it is entirely different genre altogether. Just can't understand what's wrong with Blizzard lately - so much weird and sub-mediocre releases in last couple of years.
    People didn't start bitched about no one being in the world until LFD came out and it was mostly PVP players mad because it killed world pvp.
    Even before LFD. Mid-expansion world was usually free from people (and it was paradise to level alts at this point), as most levelers are at max level aready, and were sitting in Stormwind/Shattrath/Dalaran watching trade channel for LFM. Ironically, same LFD actually promoted "going out in the world", as you can queue wherever you want and not bound to city chat. On other side, PvPers were always complaining, nevermind that WoW is primarily PvE-based game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Don't need to remove the valor from dailies that's fine. Just need to remove the rep from the gear. That's it. Dailies can still be rewarding, they just don't have to be THIS rewarding.
    I rarely agree with this guy, but I think this is a pretty solid plan. Valor stacks slowly enough as it is, removing the rep requirement would really ease the stress that these loads of dailies are causing so many people and still have a viable side-plan for people who would rather not grind dungeons for valor.

Throw that idea up for a suggestion on the Blizz forums, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    But dailies are optional? Raiders were told "you have lottery system of rewarding, and VP gear was meant for people who enjoy doing our antisocial dailies".

I found fix to daily grind personally. My solution is to raid log till sub expires (there is nothing to do outside raids if to ignore dailies anyway...). Too much must be repaired in game so I would resub. I am playing on some unofficial preCata servers atm, and man - it is not nostalgia, it is entirely different genre altogether. Just can't understand what's wrong with Blizzard lately - so much weird and sub-mediocre releases in last couple of years.

Even before LFD. Mid-expansion world was usually free from people (and it was paradise to level alts at this point), as most levelers are at max level aready, and were sitting in Stormwind/Shattrath/Dalaran watching trade channel for LFM. Ironically, same LFD actually promoted "going out in the world", as you can queue wherever you want and not bound to city chat. On other side, PvPers were always complaining, nevermind that WoW is primarily PvE-based game.
    I think me and you agree not sure if you took what i said the wrong way or not.

Question to the hardcore pvpers: Always before CRZ there was threads of world pvp being dead. why not get mad that you only get 2 battlegrounds each x-pac maybe 3 at most i don't know how many MOP added i refuse to pvp anymore.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2012-11-02 at 05:12 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanto View Post
    I rarely agree with this guy, but I think this is a pretty solid plan. Valor stacks slowly enough as it is, removing the rep requirement would really ease the stress that these loads of dailies are causing so many people and still have a viable side-plan for people who would rather not grind dungeons for valor.

That's where I got the idea from. I'll tweet it to GC though, that might be a worthwhile endeavor.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanto View Post

Lots have forums is lit up with people annoyed about daily's but personally i don't even think blizzard looks at the forums much anymore.

you do get a blue post every now and then but thats it.

---------- Post added 2012-11-02 at 05:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    That's where I got the idea from. I'll tweet it to GC though, that might be a worthwhile endeavor.
    Good Luck.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

WoW got Massively popular at vanilla because of these main things.

-Most Casual MMO on the market to date.*If you though Vanilla was a grind you should try EQ1/SWG/COH ect....*
    -Lore
    -Has blizzards name on it
    -fans from Warcraft/Diablo wanted to play it.

And no you took what i said the wrong way the problem is blizzard trying to fix things that where not broken aka the rep the tabards where fine in Cata getting valor was fine but because blizzard felt something *no clue what no one bitched about daily's in cata unless it was firelands daily's* they changed the whole thing. they didn't like people making valor a main thing to get for gear and wanted loot to drop from boss's.

The valor system has been in place since near the end of WOTLK and they felt now to change how it works....thats stupid.

This is not Vanilla wow or TBC it can't and never will just go back to boss's dropping loot cause if it did it would mean another huge sub drop due to the grind of it getting annoying.

Blizzard decided to make it so you needed rep to spend your valor and to get rep gear and we see how great that is working.

I kinda feel like I'm beating a dead horse now.
    Eh, I think if the game stagnates it's not going to last more than 1 more expansion. Tabards were never good, they're redundant. If you get all the rep gear from doing dungeons which you did anyway for VP, why even have them? Why not just give that gear away free? Or get rid of it and make more VP/JP gear? The system got to the point where the factions themselves had no meaning.

Originally it was going to be a quest chain that went threw each zone of cata but that got changed fast. i never heard it was going to be a glyph pane but i could be wrong on that.
    I don't remember any quest stuff but this old wowpedia article has the last description I remember hearing:

http://www.wowpedia.org/Path_of_the_Titans_(feature)

It was pretty much Prime Glyphs but across all classes and you needed to do Arch to get them somehow. They removed it because it was no different from Glyphs... and then they scrapped Prime Glyphs as well seeing as the idea of "choose between all these items to optimise different aspects of your character (but there is always a right choice and all the others are just wrong)" never really worked out anyway.