Page 39 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguintamer View Post
    Seriously, the spectating idea just needs to go.
    Couldn't agree more, for the people defending this can you tell me why a que and spectator mode take precedent over actually playing the content when you want to?
    Gated by gold is annoying but it wouldn't be long before you got access, the que and spectator nonsense is the really baffling part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by vandam View Post
    I would link the original invitation by an achievement requireing to solo Lich King .
    Just soloed LK for my first time ever about 5hrs ago. Where is my invite LOL

Edit: On a prot pally
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    I love this! Finally something I can DREAM about. Something I want but can't immediately get. Something that could become a goal to achive. Something far in the distance that only a few will get to see. Something that is not given automatically. Extremeley late but better late than never!

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Where do you get the idea winning an auction then inviting your friends counts as effort?
    I think anything more than sitting around waiting for it to be mailed to you is effort. Earning the 10k or whatever it costs was effort, bid warring over it was effort, or actively looking if any of my friends have it and convincing them to invite me was effort.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Just soloed LK for my first time ever about 5hrs ago. Where is my invite LOL

Edit: On a prot pally
    According to Blizzard : First outbid the boting gold farmers of your server in Black Market auction house .
    Your obvious skill at soloing content doesn't matter for Blizzard .

Deleted
    The people who complain about it are basically the people who make competitiveness, exclusivity and the 'game' part of a game impossible. .
    Does this paladin before(who just soloed Lich King) seems for you less entitled to acces exclusive soloing content then a gold farmer who lived last 4 months in the Auction House ?
    If you want competition , then test the right skills for the content. Untill then is BAD DESIGN.

And in NO way should any game developer EVER listen to these whines...

Not listening to customers. Yes, this would be a very wise thing to do . For any bussines. Except they vote with their wallets. And the wallet is always right .
    Last edited by mmoc1e4c5b7903; 2012-11-06 at 10:48 AM.

[QUOTE=Constellation;18969301]They are entitled to a chance and an opportunity, I accept it already exists, but seriously? BMAH invite? That's just stupid. I want to compete and show off my ability, not camp the BMAH for some random invite. And I want to watch good players show off their ability and learn from them, not watch a bunch of lucky morons eat ground non-stop on something a level 85 could solo because they don't know how to interrupt a painful sounding ability with a year long cast or move out of the giant area of certain pain. Those people have no business being in the brawler's guild waste time and space and they are there because they got lucky outbidding the invite and then invited their terrible friends. How is that being entitled saying such a situation is lame? I guess you really have to want it, but I have better things to do than endlessly camp the BMAH. I didn't do that for the mounts and gear I wanted, I'm not gona do it for this.[/QUOTE

Can you please link me up to the portal you use to see the future as you seem to know exactly how it will be

Deleted
    And again Blizzard catering the whiners, one invite at a time would have been a lot better. 10 invites simultaneously leads to whole server having invite within first day.

Deleted
    I don't see how soloing the Lich King (by outleveling content) could in any way be related to an underground fight club.
    Because the club main activity is , you know , soloing big bad bosses ?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    There's lots of "this is stupid, retarded, bad design!"-shouts... which just shows how little the mmo-c community knows or understands about game design.

I think it's a very clever idea, and the game badly needed a bit more competition and new ideas. There's going to be epic bidding wars when this goes live and it'll be awesome to see... it's like Willy Wonka's chocolate factory, who is going to get the first 10 tickets?

After that the lucky few can go hang-out in the underground fightclub a bit for a few days and then start inviting some friends etc. The people who complain about it are basically the people who make competitiveness, exclusivity and the 'game' part of a game impossible. And in NO way should any game developer EVER listen to these whines... Give game developers the freedom to be creative with their games, k thanks?
    I cant disagree more with this, it is not even remotely fun to sit around watching someone solo a mobs instead of playing it yourself. For larger scale long term raid content making those bosses a huge deal is important and something I feel has faded somewhat from WoW, the brawlers arena on the other hand is fluffy solo content on the side along with tillers farm and pet battles, they are not in the same league.

Propose a reason why it should have a spectator function instead of allowing people to play it, I have yet to see one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because this way:
    A) It'll feel like a fight club where you'll be the center of attention when doing your challenging solo-content. The place will feel active and lively.
    B) It's a very organic and natural way to allow people to learn from eachother. (Some people having trouble with a certain boss? Just watch others do it and learn, no need to go youtube it either).
    C) The community has been complaining about too much instanced and phased content for a long time. This way there'll be a small return to giving realm communities attention and a natural place for social interaction with strangers.

This is perfect design. (Expecting people to use external sources to beat content is not).
    Well considering how mind-numbingly easy the bosses are right now (except for the giant eye, the person I saw doing that kept exploding randomly) I don't think that learning the fights is going to be a problem

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because this way:
    A) It'll feel like a fight club where you'll be the center of attention when doing your challenging solo-content. The place will feel active and lively.
    B) It's a very organic and natural way to allow people to learn from eachother. (Some people having trouble with a certain boss? Just watch others do it and learn, no need to go youtube it either).
    C) The community has been complaining about too much instanced and phased content for a long time. This way there'll be a small return to giving realm communities attention and a natural place for social interaction with strangers.

This is perfect design. (Expecting people to use external sources to beat content is not).
    A) to the select few, to everyone else its a reminder of something fun and casual they cant do and have no reason to be excluded from. active and lively assuming people care to watch (I cant see why they would, but I wont claim absolute knowledge of this, who knows what ppl will do waiting for dungeon qs)

B) if you mean for their own brawler content youtube is a better source of information and more readily available since you cant guarantee the players you watch will be on the same point you are on or will have any more of a clue than you do, if you mean for raid content I dont see how, multiplayer interactions on bosses are alot more complex than anything in solo content.

C) This is not the area to move away from instanced content, its a completely solo experience with a forced in spectator mode which directly inhibits gameplay.
    When the community asks for less instanced content I doubt they meant to add ques and heavily restricting play-ability for it. I do agree that it adds some social interaction on servers which is sorely needed so I concede that is a plus, who knows maybe ill stop by and throw bananas at people for lols, Ill still be baffled as to why I cant play it when I want to, but time will tell.

Having players have to wait and watch instead of being able to play is not good game design for solo content, the whole point of solo content is that you dont have that reliance on anything outside your ability to play to be involved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rol3x View Post
    For larger scale long term raid content making those bosses a huge deal is important and something I feel has faded somewhat from WoW, the brawlers arena on the other hand is fluffy solo content on the side along with tillers farm and pet battles, they are not in the same league.
    More "I'm more special than you lesser gods!" whining again?

I will tell you point blank: soloing some of these lower tier bosses is tougher than raiding. Because now you must be a tank/healer and DPS. Not let mommy and daddy carry folks through on their backs.

The concept is great, the implementation of it is where it went wrong. I don't really care if others watch, and personally if others can watch it's telling me it's designed for quick smack downs...as they sure not going to stick around to watch a Holy paladin peck away at a boss (and knowing Blizzard it's timed on top of it, so it's just another DPS-blaze-through-forget-the-mechanics-if-you-overgear it deal). Rather just goto the older raids and have a true test, without Blizzard's canned-timed-DPS race interference.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Deleted
    After that the lucky few can go hang-out in the underground fightclub a bit for a few days and then start inviting some friends etc.
    Correct, if by 'friends' you mean the highest bidders, again.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    A) People who won't have an invite will not be able to get into the area to spectate either. They'll be kicked out by the bouncers at the entrance.
    B) Expecting people to use external sources is the prime example of bad game design... Reason why they started adding the dungeon journal.
    C) Opinion. It's perfectly natural and organic gathering place for realm communities.
    B) Youtube or written guides are alot more reliable for strategy and understanding encounters than the dungeon journal will ever be, watching everyone do it one at a time is a horrible way to try learn the brawler encounters better, you cant know which bosses they will fight or if they are even capable of beating them or if they are ven the same type of character (blood dk vs mage for example)
    you will be going to youtube for that information unless you want to sit around waiting for 20mins for the optimal person to start their fight, journal is a good feature but not for boss strategy, only for looking up loot and specific damage on abilities.

A and C go against eachother, either its a great place to meet people on the server to build community or its gated. Contradictory design, its a confused idea and needs to do away with the que and spectator system.

They are actually moving back towards it now that they are offering plenty of casual content (LFR, easy heroics, valor point and gearing from dailies) etc.

So they are partially back to adding -some- content exclusively meant for competitive players again.
    No, they're adding back features for botters and gold buyers. Johnny Goldbuyer can't even beat Chromaggus, I whip his ass at soloing, yet my skill and competitiveness don't get me this "competitive" content at all, his credit card does though.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    More "I'm more special than you lesser gods!" whining again?

I will tell you point blank: soloing some of these lower tier bosses is tougher than raiding. Because now you must be a tank/healer and DPS. Not let mommy and daddy carry folks through on their backs.

The concept is great, the implementation of it is where it went wrong. I don't really care if others watch, and personally if others can watch it's telling me it's designed for quick smack downs...as they sure not going to stick around to watch a Holy paladin peck away at a boss (and knowing Blizzard it's timed on top of it, so it's just another DPS-blaze-through-forget-the-mechanics-if-you-overgear it deal). Rather just goto the older raids and have a true test, without Blizzard's canned-timed-DPS race interference.
    I didnt say a word about soloing older raid content, I agree some of that is alot harder than current raid stuff and I am pretty impressed by some of the soloing done by people.
    Brawler is confused design, gated casual content with observer mode makes no sense.

Deleted
    Have to agree, while its still on the PTR and is subject to change. It is just a major gold sink for players. Yes i and many other people will struggle to get the gold together to attend "the club" but eventually we will all be able to gain access right? its just this "having to wait" style which annoys many players. i suppose its just the exact same as having to save up the gold in the first place to get in as thats another long saving/grinding wait in itself. Just instance it and get everyone in in my opinion. but then even if that happened people would still find something to complain about as usuall.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Blizzard is making the correct move by making some things exclusive to higher end players.
    Business strategy of the century, remember how that worked with early Cata?

---------- Post added 2012-11-06 at 12:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    Considering the concept, the invitation system is kind of fitting and sexy.
    So considering the concept is a place where you show your PvE soloing skills, a system of buying invites for gold is fitting?

Deleted
    You need to buy an invit OR being invit by someone already in.

No need to camp the bmah. --> "/2 wts invit to brawler's guild (I'm in!!) 2k (??) wisp me"