Deleted

QQ about DMF trinket Relic of Xuen

hey,
    DMF opened again today and i bought the trinket.
    But i'm kinda disapoined about the low prq chance.
    i got 23% crit unbuffed and i started hamering on a dummy's and it didnt proq for such a long time.
    My bottle of stars litterly proqt 4 times before i got my first proq of my new DMF trinket?
    i know it has a 20%chance from a crit attack to proq but WTF if i need to wait that long for a proq
    i dont like it
    plz fix it yes?

Deleted
    Go fish blue posts my friend, qqing here wont help i'm afraid

My DMF procs all the time, I dunno what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by celibie View Post
    hey,
    i got 23% crit unbuffed and i started hamering on a dummy's and it didnt proq for such a long time.
    My bottle of stars litterly proqt 4 times before i got my first proq of my new DMF trinket?
    i know it has a 20%chance from a crit attack to proq but WTF if i need to wait that long for a proq
    i dont like it
    plz fix it yes?
    But while they are not proccing, the relic is giving you +956 agility while the bottle is only giving mastery....

Kinda makes up for the somewhat weak proc rate with lower gear levels that we have right now.

I believe I read somewhere when I was researching the trinket that the proc chance is 45-50% chance to proc on a CRIT. Might just be some terrible RNG on your part if that is the case.

Edit: seems that was an old post, the proc rate is 20%. So using a gamblers fallacy one in 4 attacks is a crit and one in every 5 of those crits will trigger it.

Quote Originally Posted by celibie View Post
    hey,
    i dont like it
    plz fix it yes?
    Click your buttons, using more abilities gives more chances to proc, and more procs.

Make sure you use serpent sting as it has more chances to proc it, also when in raid inviorment your crit is alot higher with all the buffs, banners and pre pots(at least in the opener).

To my knowledge, it has no ICD whatsoever. Given the 20% proc chance from crit and roughly 20% crit chance (which you should have by now when you are fully raid buffed), then there is roughly 4% chance every time you attack that it will proc, or 1 in 25 attacks will proc it, which really is about right. Obviously RNG is RNG, sometimes it will proc at the best time and sometimes it won't.

Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    To my knowledge, it has no ICD whatsoever. Given the 20% proc chance from crit and roughly 20% crit chance (which you should have by now when you are fully raid buffed), then there is roughly 4% chance every time you attack that it will proc, or 1 in 25 attacks will proc it, which really is about right. Obviously RNG is RNG, sometimes it will proc at the best time and sometimes it won't.
    That's completely incorrect, it's got a 55 second ICD. Don't expect blizzard to implement "proc chance" effects ever again because they're incredibly difficult to balance.

@OP: If you're "not seeing it proc for 3 minutes worth of Bottle procs" then that's just information bias, it's obviously not possible for that to happen unless you conducted the test with completely unrealistic circumstances.

The fact that it has a mildly low proc chance and it procs only on criticals does mean you will sometimes not get a proc for an amount of time that's longer than what you'd prefer, but it's still plenty good enough to proc in the first 10 seconds far more often than not. If you're seeing anything different it's because you're not paying enough attention (or because it was on cooldown...)
    Last edited by aggixx; 2012-11-05 at 09:46 PM.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer