Help chosing between MONK and WARRIOR (also feedback on panda plate armor)

Greetings. I'm a veteran WoW-er but I quit 2 years ago. Now i see WoW is a totally different game. For example, the Warrior now looks ****ing insane with its new abilities and considering that a lot of the cool ones got made so you can get them in early levels, that's a big plus for me who is starting from 0 on a new server.

Warrior is the only class I did not properly play during my WoW years so that leaves war+monk as the only 2 viable choices for me. However, what puts me down about the monk is the fact that (at least from what I saw ) you are forced to dual weild 1h's or go fist weapons. And in a game where I play a character 30% at least because of the looks and itemization - every monk I've seen so far fails to impress. Especially panda monks.

My question to all you veterans is: I like ganking. I like cheezing. I like pissing people off but when it's time for PvE I like to be able to hold my ground tanking decently. But furthermore, what's more important is that the gear does not look like shit on me. How does plate on a panda look if I were to chose Warrior? And secondly, if i were to go monk, how "fun" and "captivating" is the new panda zone - because truthfully, if I were to decide on favoring a monk char over a warrior I would not go pandarean. The leather armor looks absolutely horrible.

What are your 2 cents on this and finally, from an objective perspective, how would I be more useful on a fairly populated pvp server. Monk or Warrior? Let's assume my skill is decent and i'd play them both equally well. What are the pros and cons? Please help me, I'm bored of looking at the char creation screen for 1 day now!

15+ Year Old Account
    to look at gear i'd suggest goign to wow head, look up some MoP plate gear and view 3d model and select panda, other people can't tell you what you'll appreciate or not.

Both can hold their own as tanks at all levels, there are concerns over monk PvP, but that could be due to people not knowing how to play them properly yet etc.

Monks can either DW one handed weapons, or use staves (and possibly pole arms?) however most of their attacks are done using fists/feet and then a few specials you sling the weapons out and strike. Looks pretty cool IMO, but opinions are opinions etc.

The panda starting area is pretty cool, looks very pretty and the story is quite interesting IMO