So.. after a night of heavy drinking...

... I awake to find the screen on my brand new Samsung Galaxy S3 cracked. Quite badly, too. The phone itself works though (although it seems to charge the battery a lot slower than before). NOW, I did some research to see how much it would cost to send it in for repairs. Ca. £272/€325/$416(2500 NOK). As this is about 40% of the price I'm paying for the phone, I am quite reluctant to send it in there, and was wondering if some tech savy people out here have experience with fixing broken screens on mobiles!?

*Wasn't sure whether or not this would go into "Computer" or "General Off-Topic", feel free to move if it's in the wrong place
    *I didn't have insurance on it, as I had just gotten it (ordered online) and haven't had time to get it fixed...

if the screen is cracked im afraid the only thing to do is to have some technician replace the screen, whether you can find someone outside of whoever is doing the repairs for a smaller price i don't know. Also how much of a problem is cracked screen? in terms of being able to read text on the screen etc.

I can read stuff perfectly well; it's just incredibly ugly and annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IngoDent View Post
    I can read stuff perfectly well; it's just incredibly ugly and annoying.
    Well, hopefully you've learned something about drinking and carrying around a valuable piece of equipment at the same time

As far as I'm aware, the only real option is to have someone replace the screen for you, which as you can see is pretty expensive.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Thats why I find it genius to save you're old phone, and use it as "sc(h)itty phone"

Welcome to shitty burger can I take you order plhease
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Google "how to replace s3 screen"...

Follow instructions.

Or if you're not a do-it-yourself'er pay someone else, and almost assuredly pay too much.

Those are your options.
    WoW is a game of information; the more you know, the better you are.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Might wanna check with your retailer if they replace the screen for a lower price.. only €50 for a cracked screen over here

Not trying to bash OP but I cant understand how people can trash their valuables like that. I too have been so drunk that cant remember anything and made a complete fool of myself but never have I lost or broken my phone or anyother valuables.

Is your phone under warranty? A couple of my coworkers broke their Razr screens and got them replaced for free because it's covered under warranty.

Haven't gotten warranty for it yet. Was going to do it in a week or so after I get back from Iceland, but meh. Will contact my retailer and check.
    @Wikko: I didn't exactly trash it, a _really_ drunk person fell down a flight of stairs and fell into me as I was holding my phone below my hip (ie; a VERY short drop...). As far as I've been told, I wasn't at fault, which means I can successfully continue getting wasted and carry around valuable equipment

I love these threads.

Gotta prepare better when you go a-drinkin'.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just got my GS3 yesterday, and I love it. Hope that helped :}

Seriously though, you can probably do it yourself.... But that would obviously void the warranty.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

If you want to do it yourself :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eo93EF7rVIw You just need to get a screen.