Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Want women's opnion on beard.

Ok so like the title says. Women do you prefer beards or no beards? Not a big bushy beard but a nice neatly trimmed beard. Even though without the beard the guy looks way younger than he actually is.

Deleted
    It's a divider. Some love it, some hate it. There's no universal answer to this.
    More important question is why the hell would you give a flying fudge what a woman thinks about your facial independence? If YOU like a beard, grow it and keep it.

Deleted
    It really depends...

On some people it's sexy, on some it's good, on some it's weird, on some it's horrible and should just cut it all down. If you want a good opinion though, you should let yours grow and ask a girl personally.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    It's a divider. Some love it, some hate it. There's no universal answer to this.
    A study in my country shows about 85% of women prefer cleanly shaven men because they appear more hygienic. Now wether this reflects the world's opinion remains to be seen, but I think it's roughly the same. Beards just aren't that cool. I think only people who have beards would say it's closer to 50/50.

It depends on the person with the beard. No matter how well trimmed it is... if you don't have the face for it... it'll look stupid. I used to be dead against beards. Hated them with a passion... then I dated a guy with a beard and decided hey, this isn't too bad actually! I always thought that they'd be scratchy and have a wire like consistency from looking at people with great big beards... After dating the guy with the beard I now discover that beards are actually soft and feel nice lol

But still, I prefer men to be clean shaven

Thanks to Shyama for this beautiful signature <3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    A study in my country shows about 85% of women prefer cleanly shaven men because they appear more hygienic. Now wether this reflects the world's opinion remains to be seen, but I think it's roughly the same. Beards just aren't that cool. I think only people who have beards would say it's closer to 50/50.
    Despite knowing this I still rock a beard at every opportunity. May come as a surprise to some men but you don't have to make every decision in life about your personal appearance on the sole basis of "will women still fancy me if..."

Quote Originally Posted by Reqq View Post
    Despite knowing this I still rock a beard at every opportunity. May come as a surprise to some men but you don't have to make every decision in life about your personal appearance on the sole basis of "will women still fancy me if..."
    Well said. Something I myself was about to write down but you beat me to it.

Question mostly depends on the demographic of the people you're asking, the 'normal' demographic tend to prefer clean shaven or basic stubble because of the way its viewed in the media, but alternative demographics have a much more open opinion on beards (eg biker, rocker, metal head) but at the end of the day its your face do what you want with it, just make sure you're not doing it to be lazy

I've read quite a few studies that show women (and men) think bearded men are in higher ranks of socio-economic status and have more experience, but women also think bearded men are less attractive. It's interesting, because the comparisons were just the same men, with beards and without beards.

And before someone gets "hurr durr not every1s alike", of course not, but that doesn't mean trends can't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    It really depends...

On some people it's sexy, on some it's good, on some it's weird, on some it's horrible and should just cut it all down. If you want a good opinion though, you should let yours grow and ask a girl personally.
    And then you got one persons opinion :P.

Just do what you like and stop thinking about what others think about you.

the majority of women think beards are unattractive, but there are always others who will think they are hot. i personally find them to be a big turn off, as they remind me of two things - uncleanliness (food and sweat getting stuck in the hair), and backwards cultures in which women have few rights.
    "Just because you read it on the internet, doesn't mean the person actually said it." - Thomas Jefferson

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Did I say 50/50? You can divide elsewhere besides the middle you know.
    And Reqq hit the nail in the head. If you make any outlook decisions based on "oh what will others think of me" it just shows a weak self esteem.

Wonder if this thread came to life because of someone worrying what Movember/No Shave November will do to their womanizing.

10+ Year Old Account
    90% of time I can't stand it. On some people a neat beard does look good, but usually I don't like facial hair, apart from sideburns which I really adore.

ANYWAY don't think it too hard. It's usually not beard/lack of it which ultimately turns people away from you, so you might aswell do whatever YOU find comfortable.

My dad rocks a short beard whenever he can, mom loves it, but he can only grow it out during winter months due to work policy.
    I myself however at 20 years old can't grow a beard worth a darn, just the usual young person stubble...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hellosaltygoodness View Post
    the majority of women think beards are unattractive, but there are always others who will think they are hot. i personally find them to be a big turn off, as they remind me of two things - uncleanliness (food and sweat getting stuck in the hair), and backwards cultures in which women have few rights.
    I don't know about you but I really don't sweat through my face unless under severe prolonged physical stress. Now think about how much you sweat on the top of your head and think how hygienic that is now.

Deleted
    Personally I like a naturally shaped beard (as opposed to goatees etc), maybe a moustache. As long as it's being kept, it can be very attractive, but it doesn't fit everyone, so I wouldn't say I simply prefer beards.

And as said: If you like it, grow it :P Self-confidence > beard, anyway.

Beards look nice on older men, on younger dudes, they're gross. Why want to look way older than you really are?

One exception are 5 o'clock shadows. They're hot. Maybe rock some stubble?

Deleted
    It's pretty split from what I've seen of reactions to some of my friends/heard. Most "socially-accepted" opinion seems to be shaved > beard.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    I don't know about you but I really don't sweat through my face unless under severe prolonged physical stress. Now think about how much you sweat on the top of your head and think how hygienic that is now.
    Yes, but people aren't making out with the top of your head.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Yes, but people aren't making out with the top of your head.
    Fair point, but then again you shouldn't be licking the whole face anyway but actually stay on the lips if you're making out. Always hated women who slobber your face like a mastiff.