10+ Year Old Account

489 PvE or 458 PvP?

Hey all, I'm starting to farm up honor for a good pvp set to get into rated PvP for this expansion, and now that I have the 4 piece dreaful, I am considering which gear to replace- the 450 pvp crafted gear (Belts/Boots/Bracers), or the 489 PvE gear from valor vendors (Cloak/Rings/Neck). I am currently trying to decide, do I get the smaller all-around stat boost that comes with upgrading the 450s, or should I go for the large pvp stat boost, although moderate all-other stat loss that comes with swapping the 489s with the 458s?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    PvE gear = LOL now due to the fact is a simple thing - PVP power I'm sure the pvp power via the 450s / 458's will outclass your pvE gear simply because of that single stat regardless and of course resilience

458 PvP for sure if u play with pve u will play without pvp power and your hits willl be like 10k

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    PvE weapons are probably the only thing that's better for pvp for certain classes.
    Stop living in the past. For all classes, the huge pvp stat on pvp weapons is way better than any other pve weapon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Hey all, I'm starting to farm up honor for a good pvp set to get into rated PvP for this expansion, and now that I have the 4 piece dreaful, I am considering which gear to replace- the 450 pvp crafted gear (Belts/Boots/Bracers), or the 489 PvE gear from valor vendors (Cloak/Rings/Neck). I am currently trying to decide, do I get the smaller all-around stat boost that comes with upgrading the 450s, or should I go for the large pvp stat boost, although moderate all-other stat loss that comes with swapping the 489s with the 458s?
    Just full pvp gear is optimal even If u lose some stats.
    Though optimal isn't always relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by JW1984BE View Post
    Stop living in the past. For all classes, the huge pvp stat on pvp weapons is way better than any other pve weapon.
    Stop replying if you don't have a clue, then.
    For all healing spells, PvP Power scaling was nerfed by 50% one week (tooltip still not updated) into season 12, so the non-elite weapon
    grants you 4,5% healing increase through PvP Power. The spellpower difference to HC PvE weapons
    grants you way more throughput.
    The only reason why you may want the PvP weapon as a healer is the resilience on it.

Deleted
    Melees are even worse of regarding weapons due to the DPS stat. I can imagine heroic PVE weapons being better than PVP.

pvp weapons and trinkets any case.

Sometimes a tier set pve bonus is better than the 4 set bonus of the pvp set if youlike to be more offensive, best example is the dk. If you get access to normal or heroic raid gear, that have a much higher ilvl i would take it. i got the sha legs and i will try to get the other pice too.

The conquestpoint gear should replace it all by the time, though.

also depends if you arena or rbg and need more offensive/defensive stats.

But in short you are fine with pvp honor blues and gemming pvp power.