Holy Paladin optimisation?

Currently I'm raiding in a 10 man who are 4/6 MSV and had a 5% wipe on 1st boss in Hof and am trying to optimise my healing as best as possible.

Areas I feel I struggle on:
    High intensity aoe healing like force and verve or final phase on Elegon.
    Getting CDs used appropriately (sometimes they feel a bit wasted or I forget them, this is mainly a l2play issue for me.)

I did manage to get a few hc bosses down in DS when it was live and my raid teammates usually don't have a bad thing to say so in reality am looking for minor tuning points on my gear/advice on what I'm doing wrong.

Will link my armory now and hopefully post one of our logs when I get home:
    eu. battle. net/wow/en/character/aerie-peak/Lorilath/simple

Any advice is appreciated even if its a l2play noob I'll try to take it constructively.

Deleted
    Firstly, try out eternal flame instead of sacred shield

Elegon - Final Phase

You MUST with this gear level, rotate healing cooldowns, if the raid is stable, dont use anything! this phase lasts a lot longer than you think. Master rotating your raid wide cooldowns when the time is right - Tranq's... Rally cries... Hymns..., This can be the difference between a kill and a wipe. Are you having mana issues personally on elegon??

Force and Verve -

Do Exactly the same as i told you to do on Elegon. The mana burn is way too much to heal it with holy radiance, and no Raid CD's. You should only have a maximum of 2 Force and Verves on that platform, depending on your groups DPS.
    Final Phase, Depending on what platform you got the force and verves, This being 1st or 2nd. ALL of your raid cooldowns will be off cooldown, so you can use them on the last phase, there will be 2-3 Force and Verves in this final phase

How do i know that this method works?

Its my job for these fights i call out when, and what

Acryaz - Holy Paladin - Twisting Nether
    Last edited by mmoc802a1c010b; 2012-11-05 at 01:39 PM.

From a purely analytical point of view your gear seems a little strange, make sure you're sticking to the plan of Spirit > Mastery > Haste which I can tell you're doing

Definitely try EF rather than SS if AoE healing is your problem, and if its specifically the AoE phases that are troubling you, try swapping Divine Purpose over to Holy Avenger, that combined with EF should really help that out

If you're having problems with your mana cooldowns as well as your throughput cooldowns then that will probably be the sole cause of your mana issues, you should be remembering to use them as soon as you can and then every time they come off cooldown (fight status willing in terms of DP, ofcourse)

If you can post even a basic WoL that would help, something as simple as LFR can show huge flaws in your healing style, even if the content itself is easy mode

Thanks for the tips so far seems like I've been mostly doing it but am probably blowing too many CDs at once. Mana never really seems to be a problem. I believe below is our logs from heart of fear last night (a lot of learning on that fight and many wipes to silly stuff). I had used EF most of the time but kept not really finding it useful whereas SS seems to really help keep the tank going am happy to switch around whenever really. Will have a look at my gear when I get home I thought I had reforged properly.

worldoflogs.com/reports/ldasdjf6o028e6eq/

Seem to be fairly spot on from the logs if you're not going oom, I'd suggest to your raid leader going down to 2 healers since all 3 of you seem pretty competent and competitive

Only things I noticed is your Beacon healing is pretty low, but that is more than likely just the fight rather than anything you're doing wrong, you'll probably see much better results from EF if you drop a healer, specially given that you'll be teamed with a druid/shaman and able to really pull out your passive tank healing speciality

Change heartsong to windsong, proc from this can increase burst healing on fight like this.
    Change divine purpose to holy avenger - you have next healing burst cd and u can control exactly time when you need that healing
    Beacon tank put some EF on raid member with 1 holy power and u will have more healing on tank than using sacred shield.
    Your spirit seems low maybe you should gem pure spirit.

For big aoe dmg you can use something like
    1-Goak for stack + holy avenger use LOD or EF (HL and HS for holy power generation)
    2-Avenging Wrath + Divine Favor before dmg and throw Light's Hammer and heal

Deleted
    Personally for elegon as holy paladin, I have around 90% mana when the burn phase starts, trying to rotate the healing cooldowns and basically spam holy radience + holy shock and at 3hp I go LOD or EF if someone is low.

For the first boss in HoF. Specc into clemency as you will be able to hop the force and verve off 2 ppl. Depending on what platforms he goes to first/second you often getting it off twice during the fight. I can highly recommend using crusader strike often as melee hits = mana and cs = hp. Didn't have much problem healing it and the wipes we had on fourth phase was only due to like 4 force and verves with a mc/attun in between. We 3 man healed it.

I also prefer holy prism over lights hammer but that might differ from other healers but its really good for those bursty moments where lights hammer just doesn't cut it. Make sure people roll cooldowns to negate as much damage as possible and it should be a kill soon!

Good luck

I been having some issues with certain fights these suggestions look pretty good glad I ran into this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ontirektum View Post
    I also prefer holy prism over lights hammer but that might differ from other healers
    I think it's all preference and what you feel more comfortable with. Much like haste vs mastery, etc.

I try. I really do. I try to love prism but it just feels clunky for me and more like a chore than anything. I might just force myself to use it for a week and see how I feel after that. Lights Hammer is my baby at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Seltzers View Post
    I think it's all preference and what you feel more comfortable with. Much like haste vs mastery, etc.

I try. I really do. I try to love prism but it just feels clunky for me and more like a chore than anything. I might just force myself to use it for a week and see how I feel after that. Lights Hammer is my baby at the moment.
    Light's hammer is definitely useful for aoe fights where everyone groups for a few seconds. But, I tend to see a lot of the healing wasted. Prism also has a much lower CD so you can slip it into your rotation rather than run it like a cooldown. It's preference tho like you say, it's nice to have that choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Varabently View Post
    Light's hammer is definitely useful for aoe fights where everyone groups for a few seconds. But, I tend to see a lot of the healing wasted. Prism also has a much lower CD so you can slip it into your rotation rather than run it like a cooldown. It's preference tho like you say, it's nice to have that choice.
    Absolutely agree. We don't run with a ton of melee in the group so with all ranged often stacked on me, etc Light's Hammer works like a champ.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seltzers View Post

In a 25 man setting you should always use Light's Hammer cause it's quite superior. The reason I enjoy holy prism so much is because of the instant "oh damn" button, the single target heal is strong as hell and the aoe part is healing for quite a big chunk. I also like how versatile it is, like shooting the single target prism on a melee close to elegon on addwaves for 50k hits on all adds is quite useful. But the biggest part I like is that its instant healing. Still uses Light's hammer on fights that require it, like feng, will and blade lord ta'yak.

I definately think you should play around with the prism!