Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    The answer is simple. She's hawt elf with boobs(or that's atleast how fanboiz tend to view her). I personally don't really care about Sylvanas nor any other faction leader. But if I had to name my favorite It'd probably be Variann, he's starting to show some emotions and the so called 'gentle' side of him.

10+ Year Old Account
    She's your classic Elven Ranger in skimpy clothes. I think that really is it.

I can't say I ever liked her or the majority of the Forsaken tbh. They're just so plot armoured by being a playable race that it seems no matter how much evil they commit nothing bad to them will come of it, heck when Garrosh tells Sylvanas that what she's doing is wrong and that she can't use the plague people treated her like the damn victim.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    I can't say I ever liked her or the majority of the Forsaken tbh. They're just so plot armoured by being a playable race that it seems no matter how much evil they commit nothing bad to them will come of it,\ctim.
    Well they are a race of rotting undead.
    Can you really see them as being self-righteous good two shoes?

And what you consider evil may not be evil by Forsaken standards, especially since they have very different views and needs than living people
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    Well they are a race of rotting undead.
    Can you really see them as being self-righteous good two shoes?
    I can see them being good, they don't have to be little angels but yeah they can be good. There are plenty of examples of "good" undead.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    And what you consider evil may not be evil by Forsaken standards, especially since they have very different views and needs than living people
    What sort of an excuse is that?
    For starters they know what they are doing is evil. That's why they go to such lengths to hide it from even their own allies. Nor does it change their actions from simply being evil in the first place. When Arthas went around being all evil and plotting to take over Azeroth people didn't sit back and go "Oh look he's expressing a different belief to us as my expense, I should respect this!". Not knowing you're doing something blatantly evil is also one of the signs of insanity. We also again have plenty of examples of Undead who know good from right.
    They're now a race that utilises necromancy and once planned to use Old God weaponry.

So they're either insane, or they know they're what they're doing is evil which is why they hide it.

Heck it's no longer canon, but the RPG made it clear that Forsaken were evil. While it's no longer canon it certainly gives some sort of perspective of what they intended the Forsaken to be - evil.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2012-11-07 at 10:35 AM.

Tits + people generally love evil because it can freely do what they can't.

cuz she's evil
    she does worse things than garrosh just that she doesn't do it infront of everyone
    Last edited by jonte912; 2012-11-07 at 10:39 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    Sylvanas is one of Warcraft's most popular characters, and I can't figure out why. Her record as a leader isn't very impressive. She doesn't have a great fondness for her people. She's lost much of her character depth. The only thing I can gather is that she's considered 'hawt'.

Can anyone help me out?
    She's got more balls than the others combined.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 08nolanni View Post
    You'r petty alliance won't even accept us back
    Why should the Alliance have ever befriended the Forsaken?
    Their first contact with the Alliance consisted of them both making an agreement to work together, then when all was done and dusted Sylvanas broke the agreement and slaughtered the remnants of living Lordaeron.
    Then there's the fact their second in command was a Dreadlord.

Quote Originally Posted by 08nolanni View Post
    yet you want our land ?
    Why are people throwing this around as if it's the Alliance invading Forsaken land? They've always been and continue to be the complete opposite. We have/had the Forsaken invading everywhere left and right of Lordaeron such as Gilneas, Arathi, WPL's, Hillsbrad, Dalaran, Hinterlands. They are expanding now, they are no longer this race on the defence at all.

Deleted
    Oh yay another ignorant Alliance fanboy post written to flaimbait Horde fans. As usual, we get the token "She doesn't care for her people" "It's only cos she's hot" "Look at the Wrathgate" crap, from the usual people who have not read her background. It is blatantly obvious that you haven't bothered to read the entirety of her story (as most people on here clearly haven't) and you think you know everything you need to know from just going by what's happened in game. Newsflash - unless you demonstrate some knowledge of a character's whole story, you are not qualified to criticise them and then defend yourself against people who do. Your opinion is irrelevant all the time you remain biased and ignorant. Most of the reason's I read here, as in criticisms, are from people who clearly do not know Sylvanas as a complete character but are the first to flame her and undermine Blizzard's character development. You cannot have a rational discussion with people who refuse to learn, and with people who refuse to accept reasons beyond the visually and materially appealing. To truly know a character, you understand the personality. You may not like it or accept it or agree with it, but you understand it. Most people here flaming Sylvanas do not and live in ignorant bliss.
    Last edited by mmoca371911425; 2012-11-07 at 11:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SylvanaSlave View Post
    Oh yay another ignorant Alliance fanboy post written to flaimbait Horde fans. As usual, we get the token "She doesn't care for her people" "It's only cos she's hot" "Look at the Wrathgate" crap, from the usual people who have not read her background. It is blatantly obvious that you haven't bothered to read the entirety of her story (as most people on here clearly haven't) and you think you know everything you need to know from just going by what's happened in game. Newsflash - unless you demonstrate some knowledge of a character's whole story, you are not qualified to criticise them and then defend yourself against people who do. Your opinion is irrelevant all the time you remain biased and ignorant. Most of the reason's I read here, as in criticisms, are from people who clearly do not know Sylvanas as a complete character but are the first to flame her and undermine Blizzard's character development. You cannot have a rational discussion with people who refuse to learn, and with people who refuse to accept reasons beyond the visually and materially appealing. To truly know a character, you understand the personality. You may not like it or accept it or agree with it, but you understand it. Most people here flaming Sylvanas do not and live in ignorant bliss.
    Rather than telling people they're wrong, biased and misinformed you could tell them precisely why?
    You call people biased yet it's kind of obvious from your account name etc that you're biased yourself so don't think of going around calling people "fan boys" and ignorant when you yourself are a shining example of such attitudes, better yet those people you're calling out have actually given reasons while you have not.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2012-11-07 at 11:22 AM.

Deleted
    I hate her. Give me an evil necromancer or something like that to lead the forsaken! The forsakens leader should be just like the guy at the wrathgate!

Deleted
    I don't see why people are so bummed about a faction of undead that kills everything (literally).

Do you expect the faction to start praising the light and just go "meh, we're tired of being evil, lol". I'm so sick of everything having to be moral correct in WoW.

Sylvanas is who she is because well, she was given a horrible fate. Her future is not very bright, no matter how you put it. Ofcourse she's going to start to not give a damn about others. It's just natural.

Undeads using their own plage makes more sense then undeads just roaming about while the world hates them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by This Guy View Post
    I hate her. Give me an evil necromancer or something like that to lead the forsaken! The forsakens leader should be just like the guy at the wrathgate!
    isnt this just sylvanas? with her though shes got brains to know what an outcome like that would have caused and she pretty much whipes out half or most of gilneas genocide much? Shes made her decisions and stuck through with them thats one of the reasons why im fond of her. and she looks hot despite the undead "dead" ness.

---------- Post added 2012-11-07 at 12:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    I'm more confused why people like Vol'jin at all...
    i also 2nd this.

Deleted
    Because it's evil? One of the fundamentals of this game is to defeat evil the same with many other fantasy worlds, the grey faction defeats the black faction. How on earth can we defeat this evil when it's a playable race? If people like to play evil races then fine, but their race is a massive stain on the Horde's track record and because of their game design position they will not be defeated.

It also makes their story boring because of this. We're seeing the Forsaken go to the very edge and beyond of morality and yet we see next to no form of retaliation because of this. We know with Garrosh that his action will eventually be put to an end, but we do not with the Undead.
    i have to disagree with you. Not all fantasy is like that or have to be like that. What made the game boring is that it's good vs evil! Warcraft used to have so much "grey zones" where characters (IE: Illidan) wheren't pure evil, but did evil things. The Undeads have always been evil, it's even stated that they are just using the horde. A means to a end.

Look at the horde and alliance as a character. basicly this character is a mary sure. Why? Because it's always defeating every form of evil to ever show up. It's lame, it's boring, it's bad writing and it's just plain horrible. there is absolutely no fun whatsoever. We need to lose a few times to appreciate the wins.

I want to play one of my favourite factions, the moraly wrong Undeads that do what they have to and a little more to keep themselves in the world.

I don't think sylvanas cares about forsaken more than the fact they were a tool against arthas she could use.

she is too consumed by hate to have feelings, also it's pretty obvious once you are killed and reanimated you aren't the same person, rather corrupted.

I play a forsaken and like the faction the most but basically their whole questline is about spreading undeath and destruction to the human lands, which is why the horde tolerate them.

I still like sylvanas as a character but I don't look at her through rose colored glasses as some kind of benevolent leader, she has her own motives.
    Last edited by rt7; 2012-11-07 at 12:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilananazz View Post
    Look at the horde and alliance as a character. basicly this character is a mary sure. Why? Because it's always defeating every form of evil to ever show up. It's lame, it's boring, it's bad writing and it's just plain horrible. there is absolutely no fun whatsoever. We need to lose a few times to appreciate the wins.
    [It seems I deleted my post too late, I didn't really want to continue replying in this thread but oh well]

Hardly. Look at the end of Wrath and tell me both factions came out unscathed and achieved everything. They didn't. They both lost a lot including characters that we had known for years. We had treachery and hatred between both factions especially by the end of the expansion. Both factions showed they weren't invincible.

The Forsaken staying isn't a "loss" it's just bad story writing and is littered with plot armour. Why should they stay completely unopposed despite their actions? That is boring. Ignoring the evil on your doorstep is just bad.

Deleted
    [It seems I deleted my post too late, I didn't really want to continue replying in this thread but oh well]

Hardly. Look at the end of Wrath and tell me both factions came out unscathed and achieved everything. They didn't. They both lost a lot including characters that we had known for years. We had treachery and hatred between both factions especially by the end of the expansion. Both factions showed they weren't invincible.

The Forsaken staying isn't a "loss" it's just bad story writing and is littered with plot armour. Why should they stay completely unopposed despite their actions? That is boring.
    I guess we simply have different opinions in what's good or bad story writing then. I find it boring that every evil faction have to be defeated / destroyed or punished.
    Last edited by mmoc95b0357cfe; 2012-11-07 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    Her record as a leader isn't very impressive.
    It isn´t ?
    She secured Lordaeron, expanded the forsaken territory in all directions, helped kill Arthas and found a way to solve the reproduction problem of the forsaken with the Val´kyrs.
    The forsaken are in a better position now than ever before. So does that make her a bad leader ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    It isn´t ?
    No, it really isnt...
    She secured Lordaeron
    She allied herself with the Alliance forces sent to relcaim Lordaeron, managed to kill two incompetent Dreadlords, and backstabbed Garithos and killed said army he was leading, all she did was take advantage of the situation, otherwise "Securing" Lordaeron was completely out of her reach without help.

expanded the forsaken territory in all directions
    I would be ashamed of any military leader who cannot expand their frontier when they have access to a limitless supply of reinforcements, especially when those reinforcements are every enemy you kill and raise into your ranks.

helped kill Arthas
    She tried, and failed yet again, to kill Arthas in the Halls of Reflection, thats it. Last time I checked she wasn't there next to Tirion when he put the crown on Bolvar's head
    found a way to solve the reproduction problem of the forsaken with the Val´kyrs
    The Val'Kyr found her on their own, she didn't go out of her way to find any form of solution, the solution walked into her lap, rezzed her, and decided to serve her from that point on. To call that an achievement of her own merit is asinine, it was complete and pure luck.
    The forsaken are in a better position now than ever before. So does that make her a bad leader ?
    The Forsaken are better off because Sylvannas has been retardedly lucky from the beginning, nothing she has ever done has been because of her tactical genius, it has all been because of some mystical alignment in the storyline that helped her get through a tough situation.

Like Scummer said already, Sylvannas is only in her position of power because of plot armor, nothing she has done as a leader is anything even remotely close to impressive.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Deleted
    I guess people like her and the Forsaken because she's a dark and sinister character. And boobs.