Help Brewmaster Gemming

Hi, guys I was just wondering what I should be gemming at this point I already hit the soft cap for both hit & exp, without gemming much into it. I followed askmrrobot, however it does not seem accurate. I just recently signed up on MMO so i won't be able to post a link to my armoury

Character: Grizzlee
    Server: Thaurassian

any suggestions or advice would be much appreciated!

If yellow go 320 haste
    If blue go 160 hit 160 haste
    If red go 160 agi 160 haste
    If socket bonus is AGI or HASTE go for socket bonus, ignore other socket bonuses (crit, etc)
    If you're ignoring a socket bonus go 320 haste

Also good to get hit to cloak and expertise to gloves. Saves a bit on reforging for more haste
    I particularly found that I was just under hit, so got 50 hit to bracers ench > 170 mastery

With my current set up I no longer need to hit to bracers and will be switching to agi when I replace with heroic bracers.
    Not going to waste the enchant on anything non-heroic

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nglight/simple

Thanks! Would you advise trying to reach the hard cap for exp later on when i start getting raid gear? So stacking haste for gems is priority?

Should I be ignoring expertise bonus as well?
    Last edited by Pink Matter; 2012-11-06 at 06:46 PM.

Gems are the one thing you should really avoid being changed ever. Unless your assume you will be replacing alot of gear really fast or are rich and can afford the gems changed constantly. I would just change your reforges as you get gear.

Priority should be agi/haste > expertise> crit > hit
    agility and haste are both just as beneficial and in some instances haste is actually better than agility.
    But it all accounts for nothing if you are not atleast 7.5% expertise. Especially if you are DW.

So your priority should be getting expertise capped and atleast 7% hit
    stam is not important for BMs (ef hp is) so dont go the idiot route most tanks are so early buy just stacking stamina.
    I recommend using TAO addon. Pretty good tracker on staggers and power strikes ICD.

Great thanks for the amazing feedback, I would definitely keep that in mind. Its just hard figuring out what to gem for and reforge for as there are so many different playstyle, and situations where certain secondary stats work better than a cookie cutter build

Yea for sure. Monk is still farely new and the only guides really that are being made up are what people notice statistically on any given fight.

For a fight like Spirit binder in Mogu-vaults.. I would suggest stacking the crap out of mastery for heroic just because the stagger is phenomenal over haste
    (attempts with haste and then recording attempts with mastery, the difference was largely in favor of Mastery for overall raid utility)

But also there are times when the dominant stat haste is best.

Our priority is trying to keep up stagger with blackout kicks or rushing jade wind. While keeping the weakend blows effect life through dizzying haze, stacking guard x3 and using elusive brew all while staggering any damage.

I can get into detail but i wont, just the play style description of our class is enough. lol.. EMBRACE BM MONK TANKING! COMPARED TO OTHER TANKING CLASSES ITS BY FAR THE HARDEST TO OPTIMIZE YOUR PERFORMANCE.

Indeed it is the hardest to play, but it is definitely the most engaging! I don't think we'll be getting into heroic profession anytime soon as most of us are just casual players. I just wanted to optimize my gear etc to the best of my ability so we can have a smooth run when we do raid haha

Thanks again for your input

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure I'd say to ignore a good crit socket bonus, more EB stacks and GotO (I think Expel Harm too?) heal crits are pretty good.

The biggest thing to understand is that in MoP (unlike Cata) it's usually better to go for the 320 X rating + socket bonus than Agil (outside of the red gem) due to how they are weighted. I know others have said to gem heavier for Agil in other threads but at earlier gear levels you'll be hungry for more haste/Chi.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

great feedback, so essentially what your saying is since my gear level is quite low, gemming for 320 haste would provide me a greater boost than gemming strictly for agi, how bout expertise gemming? cause on a few sites they stated that for red sockets we should gem towards expertise or agi

10+ Year Old Account
    Typically your red slot would be Agil+Haste in this example but you might find some of your other slots using a variety of the combo Hit+Expertise+Haste gems. Again due to trying to reach at least the hit/expertise soft caps + Haste being so highly rated that only the red socket + socket bonus makes the agil gems good choices. Otherwise most reforge systems will use a combo of the 320 or 160+160 gems to get you to the soft caps + as much haste (and maybe crit) as possible.

Agil will mostly come from getting better (read iLevel) gear, red sockets, and trinkets. Had someone mention Reforge Lite is good but you can tweak the stat weights to get where you want with AMR (I just tweak Hit/Expertise 0.5 at a time until I'm where I want to be): http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/a...e-bde798ac00b6
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

So would it be better gemming for hit/exp rather than reforging it? Also from what i've read haste and crit should be on par, however the norm seems to be that people are choosing haste over crit.

---------- Post added 2012-11-07 at 06:50 AM ----------

Right now I have to options to either try and hit the exp hard cap which would put me at 3900 exp I believe as my ilvl I won't be able to reach it, or leave it at soft cap and stack haste which would land it at 4300+ haste. Which would be better at my ilvl which is 470

Character: Grizzlee
    Server: Thaurassian

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pink Matter View Post
    So would it be better gemming for hit/exp rather than reforging it? Also from what i've read haste and crit should be on par, however the norm seems to be that people are choosing haste over crit.
    This should be fine: http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/u...issan/grizzlee

If you don't like the forced Hit/Expertise caps you can set the stat weights back to normal. Crit is good but it takes a crap-ton of Haste before it even comes into question if you should be putting points anywhere else. I'm fairly well geared for normal mode and I still haven't even reached the theoretical haste soft cap.
    [/URL]