Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    unless you would otherwise die, feint is a waste of energy and gcd

Deleted
    Sometimes i am one of those lazy rogues.. Feints helps perfectly to reduce the damage on me so i can keep hitting ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by hoodrogue View Post
    unless you would otherwise die, feint is a waste of energy and gcd
    I'm so glad I don't have to raid with you!

My healers are too, though it would never occur to them to raid with someone who thinks like this.

Cataclysm's feint was a good design.
    10sec CD, no energy cost : need a brain on when to use it, not this "Am I willing to lose DPS in order to improve my survability ?" shit they got us with MoP.

Rogues rotation are boring enough without having to spend 20 energy on something. I do it because I have to and I'm happy to make my healers suffer less from damage, but damn it's a shitty design.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm having a real hard time breaking my habit of using it frequently. When it had no cost, I used it all the time, even in circumstances I wasn't sure if it worked (just to be safe), but now I catch myself still doing it and with the DPS loss, I really shouldn't be using except when necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Kortiah View Post
    Cataclysm's feint was a good design.
    10sec CD, no energy cost : need a brain on when to use it, not this "Am I willing to lose DPS in order to improve my survability ?" shit they got us with MoP.
    Yeah, the unfortunate thing -- I say this as someone who mains both a rogue and a healer -- is that if you force DPS to choose between more DPS and minimising damage received, they will almost always choose more damage. Sometimes that's good since DPS is their job and they should do it well, but it also trains them in the "well the healer will handle it" mentality which is supposed to be the opposite of circumstances now. If they want DPS to be more proactive about their survival because healers are more strained for resources, they need to make using survival cooldowns not punishing to DPS.
    Last edited by Tziva; 2012-11-12 at 07:01 PM.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I'm having a real hard time breaking my habit of using it frequently. When it had no cost, I used it all the time, even in circumstances I wasn't sure if it worked (just to be safe), but now I catch myself still doing it and with the DPS loss, I really shouldn't be using except when necessary.

Yeah, the unfortunate thing -- I say this as someone who mains both a rogue and a healer -- is that if you force DPS to choose between more DPS and minimising damage received, they will almost always choose more damage. Sometimes that's good since DPS is their job and they should do it well, but it also trains them in the "well the healer will handle it" mentality which is supposed to be the opposite of circumstances now. If they want DPS to be more proactive about their survival because healers are more strained for resources, they need to make using survival cooldowns not punishing to DPS.
    Regrettably true. Multiple posts on "dps loss" in thread proves this fact. If your guild has a certain boss on farm then by all means min/max your dps. However, as we're only approaching the 3rd month of the xpac, most encounters are going to be progression. I can't begin to describe how many situations i find my main warrior yearning for a personal cd like feint.

Deleted
    Can only second this. Feint is absolutely bonkers in T14, and the DPS loss is highly manageable as there doesn't seem to be any patchwerk fights this tier (our first Elegon kill was 1:20 before Enrage).

Got a very slow start this expansion, so we've only just reached HoF, but just looking at yesterday's attempts on Blade Lord Ta'yak, the impact is tremendous:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/b...ses&boss=63664

Granted, my DPS sucks, but I'm only just diving into assassination so that's not representative.