Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    Make daily quests optional instead of gates.
    I firmly believe this wont be a issue in 2-3 months. Sure, the dailys has been a issue since launch for many. Personally I dont mind them since im not in a position where I have to grind every faction out as quick as possible. I do some when I want, maybe just one faction, and some days I do them all cause I want to.

I perfectly understand those who grind it out though. If you really want to be 100% ready and do whatever you can do be so, you kinda have to do all the dailys. Maybe not everyday but close to it.

Though I have seen many people in my guild/server who is exalted with most factions by now. Maybe most players just grinds it out and forget they ever did it?:P
    Follow me on twitter @crusadernero
    Nero - Human Retribution Paladin on Burning Blade EU.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWerebison View Post
    The hell? You made a new account to quote someone else word for word?

On topic: I would agree, keep up with the content, keep it coming in a near-constant flow. Even still, there are SO many things to do, and I haven't done everything yet, there's still so much raiding for me to do, I've barely touched the pet battles, as well. I don't think I'm going to find myself out of options for quite a while, still enjoying LFR and earning rep, working on my toons and their professions.
    I seen that I figured someone quoted me since I said it then I seen the name and was like wtf...
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    I think a slow eventual loss of subs is inevitable. And even if they released the best expansion ever that united the hardcore and the casual with the best content and game changes ever would not bring back the glory days. There's so much more choice in online gaming now, the whole mmorpg thing is starting to loose steam against Mobas and other online games, and new technology means that new MMOs can do stuff that wow and it's clones can't.

However it's probably not going to die anytime soon either.

The hell? You made a new account to quote someone else word for word?

On topic: I would agree, keep up with the content, keep it coming in a near-constant flow. Even still, there are SO many things to do, and I haven't done everything yet, there's still so much raiding for me to do, I've barely touched the pet battles, as well. I don't think I'm going to find myself out of options for quite a while, still enjoying LFR and earning rep, working on my toons and their professions.
    Agree with this! There is so much to do every time I log on, I can now CHOOSE from a huge specter what I want to do. I love it. Coming from cata its awesome. I recall sitting in SW and queue for lfd & lfr. maybe do tol barad dailys. Thats what I did. Now in MoP I find myself all over pandaria when I play. Also I love attacking horde whenever I get the chance, no matter if I lose the fight or not. I have stirred up some areas and created some fun world pvp :P
    Follow me on twitter @crusadernero
    Nero - Human Retribution Paladin on Burning Blade EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Ok tell me how come they can put out AAA content and a way faster rate then blizzard.

It even makes blizzard look worse if its true that rifts sub base is smaller then runscape yet they can put out AAA content even things people have been asking for in WOW "Player house's"

also tracking websites have been know to be wrong a lot.
    how is a FULL patch for a barbershop AAA content?

also didn't HammerFall stay as the main raid for over 5 months?

Activity Tracking websites are indeed not 100% accurate. But they do give you a general idea of how active the player base is.

Look i'm not hating on Trion, I actually think they did quite well with their First Title. but saying that X should be like them is kinda strange

since Rift itself isn't exactly a smashing success.
    Gamers are too obsessed with the death of games. Imagine if all that energy was channeled into the LIFE of games.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    They need to fire Ghostcrawler and 90% of their shoddy CMs.
    The ignorance in that post is there for all to see. Step away from the keyboard please, do yourself a favour.

OT - as said, keep the content coming and keep it high quality, this is hard to balance but Blizzard can handle it and they will.

Quote Originally Posted by Linzo View Post
    how is a FULL patch for a barbershop AAA content?

Activity Tracking websites are indeed not 100% accurate. But they do give you a general idea of how active the player base is.

Look i'm not hating on Trion, I actually think they did quite well with their First Title. but saying that X should be like them is kinda strange

since Rift itself isn't exactly a smashing success.
    In your opinion its not a success.
    and in my opinion a MMO is not a failer unless they have to shutdown servers soon after its release due to near no player pop.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Deleted
    Rift for me = good content and systems, utterly boring and bland world & design. If your going to spend so much time in a game world, it needs to be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Centerra View Post
    Rift for me = good content and systems, utterly boring and bland world & design. If your going to spend so much time in a game world, it needs to be interesting.
    Even tho i did like Northrend/Pandaland's style both where still bland to me so something like that is based on each player themselfs.

After a couple of hrs in both i rather just sit in dal

Dragon soul was the only current raid for 10 months. Is that the best a company with the biggest resources out there can do? Blizzard are just pathetic when it comes to new content. Their developers are just extremely incompetent and the bugs in HoF heroic show that.

Blizzard entered the milking stage a while back and there is not going back.
    Last edited by Cybran; 2012-11-09 at 08:12 AM.

Dragon soul 10 months from a company with the biggest resources out there. Blizzard are just pathetic when it comes to new content. Their developers are just extremely incompetent and the bugs in HoF heroic show that.

You expect a raid to be bug-free 2 days after release.. That's damn near impossible.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mosely View Post
    Subscriber churn is a big problem for MMO games. WoW recently had a nice resurgence of subscribers thanks to the release of the MoP expansion. Since people who came back for MoP are already leaving, the total subscriber base is likely to have peaked again, until next expansion release. If you were in Blizzard's shoes, what changes would you implement to slow population decay? Do you foresee more subscription-padding measures like Annual Pass and Free Lvl 80 & Free Realm Transfer Scroll of Resurrection? Or do you see Blizzard focusing on releasing quality content that will keep players interested in the game?

I think that the staggered release of this current raid tier is an excellent way to keep players logging in. However, I have my doubts that the Brawler's Guild is going to tide people over through the holiday season. And daily quests may have looked good on paper, but I think they've pushed a fair number of people away from the game.

How do you see this expansion playing out?
    Stopped reading when I hit the bolded, opinion stated as fact.

Deleted
    Then how come Rift has such a tiny player base?
    I don't know much about what kind of content updates Rift has, but if it's mostly raid content, then probably because the majority of the WoW players isn't that much into raiding.

Dragon soul was the only current raid for 10 months. That is shit from a company with the biggest resources out there. Blizzard are just pathetic when it comes to new content. Their developers are just extremely incompetent and the bugs in HoF heroic show that.

Well the other raid was diablo 3

Sorry had to say it i still personally feel D3 was ment to be the next Ruby sanctum

Honestly, I believe Blizzard seems to have the right frame of mind to keep people's interest throughout most of the expansion. The biggest complaints about Cata seemed to come at the end, when people had almost nothing to do but DS over and over and over. I predict things will take a similar turn when this expansion starts to draw to a close. But even once we knock Garrosh down, there'll still be pet battles, maybe you can finally work at getting into the Brawler's Guild, since prices will have gone WAY down by that point, the challenge modes will always be...well, a challenge.

I dunno, I say that throughout the expansion, if they keep doing what they're doing, probably most will stay throughout the whole thing, but, hell...we all know there's gonna be another downswing near the end, unless Blizzard has the next expansion in beta when they release the final raid for this one, which is highly unlikely.
    Once you go troll, you never reroll. -heard on cynicalbrit.com. Epic.

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    You expect a raid to be bug-free 2 days after release.. That's damn near impossible.
    HOF has been ready since long before MOP's release and its just gated content. So for it to come out with a impossible boss to kill due to how the abilitys is setup to me that shows blizzard was being lazy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then how come Rift has such a tiny player base?
    I agree with this comment
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    Blizzard take their time because they like to provide quality content, they do endless testing internally and on the PTR every patch that is released to make sure that its as bug-free as possible.
    Can't say I notice the internal testing and bug-free releases. It's like Blizzard rushes stuff WAY too much and barely cares what players want.

Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    I agree with this comment
    And that comment got answered by a few people even myself.

And ill say once more if rift has such a small player base why do they put out AAA content faster then blizzard.

and yes they had 1 raid for 5 months at 1 time but remember we had DS for 10 months....

Deleted
    The biggest complaints about Cata seemed to come at the end, when people had almost nothing to do but DS over and over and over.
    This happens pretty much every expansion really, although it was much worse in wrath and cata because of the badge/vp system making any old raids of the expansion obsolete. In vanilla and TBC, unless you were the best of the best, you still had a lot of content ahead of you that you might not even get to before the next expansion.