Page 43 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalliss View Post
    Hey guys, having some degree of difficulty getting up to par on dps, so looking for some help really!

Can't post a link to armory as I'm a forum noob, but my char is Kalliss on Killrogg-EU

Slightly old log there, unfortunately not got anything newer I seem to especially suck at Norushen HC and Immerseus HC, though in general my dps is just all round bad. At the moment I'm in 573 gear but struggling in many fights to do above 210k dps which for my gear level is pretty bad. My only saving grace is big predicable add fights like Spoils and Garrosh, and I can just cheese the AoE. Other than that I'm consistantly the lowest dps in my raid team

A few pointers would be awesome
    I hope you don't mind me posting links to your armory and logs.

Kalliss Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lliss/advanced
    I looked at latest logs which were from June 26th http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/3...?s=3697&e=4226

Only 4 fights in that one but enough to give you some pointers in right direction.
    Also heya Kilrogg has been my main realm for about 5 years.

First of you used some wrong talents, I'm gonna copy/paste what I posted 1 page ago:

Immersus - DP
    Protectors - DP
    Norushen - Sw/DP ( Both are good/DP pulls ahead if you send many people in)
    Sha of Pridde - SW/DP ( DP if you wanna get more dps from AoEing adds but both are good)
    Galakras - DP
    IJ - SW
    Dark Shamans - DP if stacked, SW if you 3 tank them
    Nazgrim - SW if you don't tank adds on top of the boss and bring assasin in, DP if you do
    Malkorok - SW
    Spoils - DP
    Thok - SW
    Siegecrafter - SW if you are on belt, DP if you are on boss and spawning mines if not go for SW
    Klaxxi - SW
    Garrosh - SW if you don't have problem with adds, DP if you realy struggle with adds. I realy recommend SW as dps on Garrosh is the most important thing on that fight.

On Immersus and Protectors there's no point runing with SW as those fight's are pure AoE as you can see by your 2nd highest damage abiltiy was DS even tho you speced SW.

On Norushen in logs it says you only used 1 AW (mybe 2 if logs didn't capture Aw used in phase if you used AW in there).

Allright about CD usage this is very important, use AW of CD never delay AW. Each time you used AW was to line it up with GoAK, ignore that. Only CD you should delay is GoAK and that's if you know in next ~20 sec you'll have BL same with AW.

Every 4th AW and 3rd GoaK they'll allign naturally you may have to delay AW or GoaK by 5 sec, other wise keep using them of CD. You should only delay AW or GoAk by max 10-15 sec if you'r gonna get massive trinket procs and stack both GoAK and AW at same time otherwise spamm them off CD.
    Also one more special case would be if you know fight will end in X minutes and you can get GoAK+AW out by delaying one or another for couple sec and then using full duration of them before fight ends. Otherwise keep using them off CD.

About your gear, in game you can use addons like reforge lite to help you with your reforging. Make sure you always have hit/exp cap, trust me even having 0.01% less hit can hurt you dps (example being our affli lock had 0.01% hit under cap and on protectors he missed his soulswap with trinekt procs on cause of that 0.01% and his dps went downhill), ofc that 0.01% wouldn't have that big impact on our dps but still missing one HoW during burst is alot.

Using WoWreforge.com site you should change following reforges:

Head Reforge Mastery to Expertise
    Cloak Reforge Crit to Expertise
    Gloves Reforge Hit to Mastery
    Ring (Devilfang Band) Reforge Expertise to Haste

I realy recommend using Reforgelite addon for easyer reforging.

Try to replace your Fusion Core with Thok's Tail Tip I believe Flex TTT is better then HC Fusion Core, also TTT becomes better as you get better gear since trinket is pure stat booster. Fusion Core atm if only good during burst phase cause of trinket proc otherwise it's useless unless you can cleave alot of targets with high uptime.

Don't ignore sockets bonuses, like the one in your rings. For example putting there Exp/Haste gems you can reforge Expertise on your gear into haste or mastery. In your legs you can put Hit/haste Haste/stam or Hit/mastery instead of Strg/hit.

Also use Exp/Haste gems instead of Strg/haste once you reach Exp cap and you don't need to reforge other stats on your gear into Exp then go for Strg/Haste or Strg/Mastery gems. Once again Reforge Lite addon will help you alot after you swap gems. Using Exp/Haste gems will allow you to get more Secondary stats more haste/mastery.

Forgot to add on Immersus and Protectors you should use Light's Hammer, hammer will hit 2+ targets for whole duration thus it's dps increase over ES.
    Also always adjust your rotation to fight, for example you can bank 5 holy power and be ready for adds on Sha of Pride, you can multi dot with censure on protectors and get higher dps out of it. There are many fights where little gimicks help increase your overall dps, try to use them to your advantage.

Looking at Sha of Pride fight to get betetr idea of your ability usage I noticed you are using wrong prio.

When you speced into SW your rotation should be the following

HoW>CS>HoW>TV>HoW etc

When you don't have CS between 2 HoW use Judge. Exo is our lowest hitting ability and you only use it when you don't have anything else to press.
    With 40% aka 17k haste raiting+ you should have 14 HoW's per 1x AW/SW or 13 if you have high ms. On Sha of Pride you had 19 HoW's in total and you had 3 and a half usage of AW/SW + Execute range on the boss which means you should have had at least around 50 HoW's. Make sure you use HoW ofc CD it's our highest hitting ability.

Damage prio by abilities

CS>Judge>Exo

CS should be your most used, spell while Exo least used spell.

On Sha of Pride you had 39 ticks of ES, fight duration was 7:19 sec, you should have at least 6 ES over the course of the fight, idealy 7-8. Make sure you snapshot with ES it's not big dps increase but it helps to overall damage. Snapshoting is when you use ability while having multiple procs/CD's up and then that ability looks at your current stats and use those stats to do damage. Always use ES when you have trinket proc up, it's also worth notting if you have trinket about to proc delay ES to line it up with trinket procs, but ofc don't delay ES by 30 sec or so try to aim within 10 sec.

I haven't checked your rotation completely and went ultra deep into the logs but general rotation is the same as damage prio of abilities CS>Judge>Exo>CS.
    Always try to bank 5 holy power and then use finishers, when you get 4p Proc or DP proc and you have 3 holy power and can generate 2 more Holy power, generate 2 more holy power and then use 4p or DP, or if you have 4p and DP up at same time use 4p first and then DP.

If I missed something I hope one of fellow rets will catch that and give you more feedback.

EDIT: I missed one part. Your Inquistion uptime seems low on some fights around 85% make sure you have 95%+ uptime idealy you need almost 100% uptime. Inquistion gives us massive boost to our dps and not having up is dps loss, especially if you don't have INQ up during CD's. If you are gonna use CD's make sure your INQ will last you throught the whole duration of CD's so you wont have to refresh it during CD's.You can use addons like Weakauras or TellMeWhen or ForteXcortics and many others to track your buffs, especially INQ. This is very important, keep INQ up, don't ever let it fall off, and always have 30+ sec INQ when you are about to use CD's.

Best regards, Monoroth.
    Last edited by Monoroth; 2014-08-06 at 12:40 PM.

Hello all!

Just made an account, but have been lurking on this site for around 6 months. I have a few question in regards to my dps. I don't think my dps is "broken" just looking to maybe get some tips to fine tune my output. I have logs, but I am not an expert on reading them.

Things I know
    I know my defensive usage could be better. I try to keep SS up as much as possible but sometimes its horrible. Also I don't always use my divine protection when I should aka my death on protectors. I also know I could do better with my hands. Normally I wait until a person calls for one, but I could be more proactive with usage. My devos are preplanned so the tank and myself don't burn at the same time.

I also just read I have been using the wrong talents for some fights, I will take this information into consideration for next week.

What I am looking for
    *My guild just started heroic progression a few weeks ago, so we are still learning these fights. So please take this in to consideration*

Basically I am looking for someone to see if I am doing anything wrong in my rotation, glyphs(sometimes I use exo glyph in place of divine storm), no matter how minor. I am looking to improve.

Also I am at 45.76% haste, should I drop it down to 40% and put the other roughly 6% into mastery? I have tried using Simcraft and it is telling me haste is better, but the guides I have read have said 40% or 50% and I am in-between. (maybe I am not using Simcraft properly?)

These are the logs from last night. Had a little trouble with H imm, and H protectors was a progression fight for us. H sha, we squeaked by lol. Also we have killed H gala before, but were not able to last night due to not getting the double shaman wave down.

I read that I can post links before a set number of posts so my logs are on warcraftlogs, us-eitrigg, the other guys, and my name is youghiogheny
    Same for armory, youghiogheny, us-eitrigg

I would appreciate any help!
    Last edited by mogiz; 2014-08-06 at 08:51 PM.

Deleted
    Monoroth, many thanks for the help! Lots of things there for me to look at and work on

Part of the problem, especially with cd usage, is the fact I'm partly a clicker. All my main moves are keybound, and FoJ and Rebuke also, but all cd's/hands/shields etc I click, which massively slows me down and distracts me from focusing on actual dps. Bought a new mouse (with lots more buttons), and changing my UI about a bit to make it a bit less cluttered.

TTT still eludes me, damn thing refuses to drop even with bonus rolls. Fingers crossed I get it soon

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mogiz View Post
    Also I am at 45.76% haste, should I drop it down to 40% and put the other roughly 6% into mastery? I have tried using Simcraft and it is telling me haste is better, but the guides I have read have said 40% or 50% and I am in-between. (maybe I am not using Simcraft properly?)
    Some players manage top damage (and I mean top) with all sorts of weird and wonderful values. There are top performing paladins with 45% haste even. However, if you have no progressed through heroic yet, you will not have the gear to support innovative builds too well. I'd suggest 40% haste and as much of the rest as you can into mastery.

Looking at the Sha of Pride parse (the only one where there's little enough variation in tactics for me to know what you will have been doing), your values sort of look ok but it doesn't look like you got off as many templar's verdicts as I'd expect for the length of fight. I know you died but that was right at the end.

You mentioned defensives, are you using divine shield to remove your mark of arrogance when you get it? I also only see 4 uses of Divine Protection; given that you have said you die quite a bit, I'd say you should be using this just before anything that will do a lot of magic damage (swelling pride for example on Sha).

As for hands, there's no major need to go looking to use them. In most cases it should have been discussed when and on whom it is best to use them. In many cases, sac should be reserved for tanks (can macro this for quicker application), salv for any burst monkeys on the pull if they need it, prot for things like garrote on Protectors (but again let it be asked for, many have tools of their own to deal with it) and freedom is rarely needed on others because shamans have something better.

I did a flex 3 today. I forgot to log Malk Otherwise here is the link to Spoils and Thok. I am not really sure how to do Thok well due to not knowing how people are going to run in a pug for fixate. I know I need to work on my uptime on boss when possible and safe. I was pleased with my Inq uptime. I would love any other pointers from the Ret community. I was also wondering what bosses would be best to log to find issues with my play. I am still trying to get 4pc and proper trinkets.

I have searched high and low on interwebs and MMO-C but I still have yet to find what is considered the proper opener. I couldn't prepot due to no countdown in my flex. I usually try to Prepot Goak build to INQ and cycle until 12 stacks of ancient power then AW and ES all before potion is up. Any help in that regard would be grateful as well.

Please ignore Immerseus log. I had a IRL emergency and had to leave keyboard and then run died after boss was killed

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Dodonna/simple

Log: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings...bgjD#boss=1594

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lefse View Post
    I did a flex 3 today. I forgot to log Malk Otherwise here is the link to Spoils and Thok. I am not really sure how to do Thok well due to not knowing how people are going to run in a pug for fixate.
    I personally prefer taking LAotL and, when he stops to change fixate (you get a few seconds), move a little out of the way until I know where it's going and then follow again.

That being said, if they intend to keep the kite phases short then just go onto the guard and give a little whack at Thok's ankles as he goes past.

for my opener i use prepot @1 goak as tank pulls exo>judge>cs on the way in inq as soon as in mele range >judge>Wings>HoW>ES>HoW>cs>HoW>TV and then its straight into the CD rotation.

seems to work for me

Quote Originally Posted by templarkhaz View Post
    for my opener i use prepot @1 goak as tank pulls exo>judge>cs on the way in inq as soon as in mele range >judge>Wings>HoW>ES>HoW>cs>HoW>TV and then its straight into the CD rotation.

seems to work for me
    I usually Prepot, Judge and Exo on the run in, CS, Inq, Goak/AW , HoW, CS, HoW, TV, HoW, CS, HoW, ES, TV.
    This gets my ES at all my procs and 12 stacks of GoAK.

Is this the most efficient pull rotation. or should I be popping GoAK/Wings before the Judge/Exo run in? and then ES at 12 stacks + Procs?

Hey Guys. I'm having trouble with my dps. I think I'm messing something up with the priority or maybe just not being very good with my procs or GoAK stacks, but I also have some concerns about my stats even though I'm trying my best to meet the 7.5 hit/exp and 40% haste.

unfortunately since it's my first post I can't do direct links

Armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/sargeras/aeg%C3%ADs/advanced

I don't raid much any more. Just the occasional normal garrosh farm, and occasional filler for my guild's raid team who are doing heroic progression so the only recent logs I have are from a normal garrosh kill.

WoL: worldoflogs.com/reports/tkvr0dly9171hmlt/details/4/?s=730&e=1071

I also am suffering a little on my dps as ret, granted my paladin is my boosted toon, and only been playing him about a month, and i am not a heroic raider, not even normals yet, i am still working on LFR, i am sitting at 523 ilvl, and i feel that my dps is low in most raids. Its not a huge deal in LFR or older content, but the fact that i need to figure out how to improve before moving onto tougher things, so i get the foundation right.

I'm only pulling 60-70k most LFR raids, even on monday nights with alts who suck, and most are only doing 100k+, i am lucky to get 50-60k for ilvl 523 that just seems horrible to me, i think highest i hit was maybe 75+ a few times, but i average 50-60 (below tanks and usually 13th or something on dps)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...k/Strangedude/

**note that due to maintenance currently for aerie peak server, the armory is down also for those toons, so if you read this post prior to 11am pdt, 8/14 the link wont work**

I just got the pants last night, haven't gemmed/reforged them yet, and so my stats are kinda in flux, my old pants had exp/hit on them, I'll fix that with askmrrobot (which i have been using with great results)

Basically i just do my builders, judge, cs, exo, when i get to 5 hp i do verdict, i keep inquisition up, and always ES on cooldown, i use AW and Guardians at pull usually or slightly after, and use when they come up again.

I dont use pots or flasks, because at 523 lfr level, dont really need to waste gold on those imo, so that might be a dps gain there, i also dont want to enchant my 510 weapon with dancing steel, as if i get a 528+ weapon soon, dont want to waste the mats, but that would be maybe a big dps gain there too

I am thinking i am using exo to much, i pretty much use it every time its up, if i dont have hp to use verdict, i also use judge every time, i cycle all my generators to use my spenders effectively i think anyways, i use addons such as spellflash that tell me when to hit certain keys and it knows that i have 5 hp and to use x over a etc, at least i trust it to anyways.

I might not be getting 5 hp verdicts in, i noticed that when i am using verdict, if i get to 5 hp i can verdict, judge or exo and verdict again, in my current way of hitting my keys, i rarely get that option, so i am thinking i am either not getting to 5, or only doing 3-4 point ones, which means i am hitting stuff to fast, maybe i need to slow down a little so i get proper hp generation

Is there any specific talents i should be shooting for, i believe i got the right choices in there, i had my guild help me some, and i enjoy the gameplay so far, i just feel a bit underwhelming, and obviously my gear is not super good atm, only 523, but even at that level i know i should be pulling a bit more somehow, but i think i need to fix my rotation/priority a bit.

Need to make sure my reforges and gems are ok too, i'm pretty much stacking haste now, where i can get it, and following gem socket bonuses, making sure to cap exp and hit too obviously. I know that getting a new weapon would probably be a huge gain, 510 is a bit low, and paladins are pretty dependent on weapon damage, maybe i am just short of climbing a dps hump, and that a new 528+ weapon would bring me up a bit, its possible.

i'll take any paladin addon suggestions to maybe get one that shows me hp in a number form, like 1-5 on screen, its hard to tell from standard ui, only way i have been doing ok is spellflash telling me, by lighting up the keys i should hit based on hp, if i didn't have that I'd be suffering

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Urza29 View Post
    I also am suffering a little on my dps as ret, granted my paladin is my boosted toon, and only been playing him about a month, and i am not a heroic raider, not even normals yet, i am still working on LFR, i am sitting at 523 ilvl, and i feel that my dps is low in most raids. Its not a huge deal in LFR or older content, but the fact that i need to figure out how to improve before moving onto tougher things, so i get the foundation right.

I'm only pulling 60-70k most LFR raids, even on monday nights with alts who suck, and most are only doing 100k+, i am lucky to get 50-60k for ilvl 523 that just seems horrible to me, i think highest i hit was maybe 75+ a few times, but i average 50-60 (below tanks and usually 13th or something on dps)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...k/Strangedude/

**note that due to maintenance currently for aerie peak server, the armory is down also for those toons, so if you read this post prior to 11am pdt, 8/14 the link wont work**

I just got the pants last night, haven't gemmed/reforged them yet, and so my stats are kinda in flux, my old pants had exp/hit on them, I'll fix that with askmrrobot (which i have been using with great results)

Basically i just do my builders, judge, cs, exo, when i get to 5 hp i do verdict, i keep inquisition up, and always ES on cooldown, i use AW and Guardians at pull usually or slightly after, and use when they come up again.

I dont use pots or flasks, because at 523 lfr level, dont really need to waste gold on those imo, so that might be a dps gain there, i also dont want to enchant my 510 weapon with dancing steel, as if i get a 528+ weapon soon, dont want to waste the mats, but that would be maybe a big dps gain there too

I am thinking i am using exo to much, i pretty much use it every time its up, if i dont have hp to use verdict, i also use judge every time, i cycle all my generators to use my spenders effectively i think anyways, i use addons such as spellflash that tell me when to hit certain keys and it knows that i have 5 hp and to use x over a etc, at least i trust it to anyways.

I might not be getting 5 hp verdicts in, i noticed that when i am using verdict, if i get to 5 hp i can verdict, judge or exo and verdict again, in my current way of hitting my keys, i rarely get that option, so i am thinking i am either not getting to 5, or only doing 3-4 point ones, which means i am hitting stuff to fast, maybe i need to slow down a little so i get proper hp generation

Is there any specific talents i should be shooting for, i believe i got the right choices in there, i had my guild help me some, and i enjoy the gameplay so far, i just feel a bit underwhelming, and obviously my gear is not super good atm, only 523, but even at that level i know i should be pulling a bit more somehow, but i think i need to fix my rotation/priority a bit.

Need to make sure my reforges and gems are ok too, i'm pretty much stacking haste now, where i can get it, and following gem socket bonuses, making sure to cap exp and hit too obviously. I know that getting a new weapon would probably be a huge gain, 510 is a bit low, and paladins are pretty dependent on weapon damage, maybe i am just short of climbing a dps hump, and that a new 528+ weapon would bring me up a bit, its possible.

i'll take any paladin addon suggestions to maybe get one that shows me hp in a number form, like 1-5 on screen, its hard to tell from standard ui, only way i have been doing ok is spellflash telling me, by lighting up the keys i should hit based on hp, if i didn't have that I'd be suffering

thanks
    A huge part of the paladin general dps come from the burst on the pull. So if you don't pre pot, NOR use any flask it's gonna be a disaster at the end. Not using flask is a huge amount of str lost thus a lost in dps.

As for the talent, as long you're not doing normals or heroics the first 4 steps should be Long arm of the law, fist of justice, selfless healer and unbreakable spirit. The 5th and 6th talent is situational depending of the boss and the job you're are asked to do. Many guides and a few post above will give you a good idea of which one to use for which bosses.

As for your rotation, usually for paladins, I suggest to use clcret addon and use Anaxie rotation listed somewhere in this forum.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...mp-Theorycraft

You can see the addon in action from
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWRCbwFyAJ8

Hey folks. I am seeking help from outside sources for gemming and reforging as well as any tips that any of you could give by reviewing my logs. I recently (tonight) got my Garrosh kill and am looking to improve as much as I can. I feel like I am hamstringing myself somewhere I just don't know where. I do use clcret and my string is

"inq inqdp ds_4t16_5hp tv5 howaw ds_4t16 tvaw how tvdp cs j exo tv3".

If there are any adjustments that I need to make please let me know. I have been kicking around the swap from DP to SW. But not sure if its actually worth it.
    evidently since this is my first posts I cannot link directly (Im trying).

Armory link : Lighttrain on the server Velen

Log Link: Shade of Arrows on the server Velen from 8/12 and 8/14

I am more than open to suggestions and I have thick skin. Please feel free to let me know where I am not preforming up to where I need to be.

inq ds_4t16_5hp tv5 tvdp_2s how ds_4t16_aw tvaw cs j ds_4t16 exo hpr tvdp tv3

is the string I use, not sure if you still have to take the ret file from clcinfo and put it into clcret for all of these designations to work though

Clcret is almost always wrong during wings... its always AW > HoW > filler > HoW (repeat) with fillers being ES with 12 stack Ancient Power > ES > TV5 > 4pc > TV3/4 > CS.
    Although with Goak up, I will try to ride the Holy Power high until it hits 12 stacks, just using CS and TV5s as fillers

Quote Originally Posted by Lighttrain View Post
    Hey folks. I am seeking help from outside sources for gemming and reforging as well as any tips that any of you could give by reviewing my logs. I recently (tonight) got my Garrosh kill and am looking to improve as much as I can. I feel like I am hamstringing myself somewhere I just don't know where. I do use clcret and my string is

"inq inqdp ds_4t16_5hp tv5 howaw ds_4t16 tvaw how tvdp cs j exo tv3".

If there are any adjustments that I need to make please let me know. I have been kicking around the swap from DP to SW. But not sure if its actually worth it.
    evidently since this is my first posts I cannot link directly (Im trying).

Armory link : Lighttrain on the server Velen

Log Link: Shade of Arrows on the server Velen from 8/12 and 8/14

I am more than open to suggestions and I have thick skin. Please feel free to let me know where I am not preforming up to where I need to be.

I forgot to say that the guild uses warcraftlogs.

Hey so I figured this would be the best place to ask this question, since it is technically about dps.

I like to use mrrobot to give me an idea of how to reforge. Why is it that it suggests Pandarens Step (140 mastery + run speed) over Greater Haste (175 haste) for boots? I follow the haste to 40%, then go mastery thereafter build, and if I use the Greater Haste instead of Pandarens Step, I get +15 more mastery while not going over 40% haste. Sure 15 mastery isn't game breaking but it's still more mastery.

Deleted
    Hi again guys, more of an update, but looking for more advice New log is up (still can't post links unfortunately )

New log uploaded so if someone could have a look and see how I'm doing I would greatly appreciate it. Ignore Paragons as I was dead for a big chunk of the fight (calculation detonation got a few of us, fortunatley we didn't wipe :P). I've reforged, reglyphed, forgot to retalent so I'll do that next time (doh), got a new mouse with a lot of new keybinds. I'm definately seeing an increase in dps but more pointers are always helpful

Many thanks Monoroth for your previous comment, that info has been invaluable

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dagachi View Post
    Hey so I figured this would be the best place to ask this question, since it is technically about dps.

I like to use mrrobot to give me an idea of how to reforge. Why is it that it suggests Pandarens Step (140 mastery + run speed) over Greater Haste (175 haste) for boots? I follow the haste to 40%, then go mastery thereafter build, and if I use the Greater Haste instead of Pandarens Step, I get +15 more mastery while not going over 40% haste. Sure 15 mastery isn't game breaking but it's still more mastery.
    Personally I use Pandaren's Step for the mobility increase rather than the stats. 175 haste isn't a huge amount, especially since you can get to 40% haste fairly easily with a decent mix of flex/normal gear without it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalliss View Post
    Hi again guys, more of an update, but looking for more advice New log is up (still can't post links unfortunately )

New log uploaded so if someone could have a look and see how I'm doing I would greatly appreciate it. Ignore Paragons as I was dead for a big chunk of the fight (calculation detonation got a few of us, fortunatley we didn't wipe :P). I've reforged, reglyphed, forgot to retalent so I'll do that next time (doh), got a new mouse with a lot of new keybinds. I'm definately seeing an increase in dps but more pointers are always helpful

Many thanks Monoroth for your previous comment, that info has been invaluable

- - - Updated - - -

Personally I use Pandaren's Step for the mobility increase rather than the stats. 175 haste isn't a huge amount, especially since you can get to 40% haste fairly easily with a decent mix of flex/normal gear without it.
    Checked Malkorok only
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...-done&source=4

First things first make sure you have 95%+ uptime with Inqustion not having high uptime is 10-20% nerf to your dps. Keeping Inquistion up should be your top priority.

Also use AW off CD I see only 2 uses of AW you should have 3 uses ( I believe your AW is around 1min 30 sec CD, so 1.5min on ingame tooltip)

I see you don't have any use of Divine Storm but you got 5x 4p procs, make sure you use DS it's one of our highest hitting abilitys. So make sure you use it.

Before using DS try to cap your Holy Power or atleast use every holy power generator so they are on CD while you use 4p Proc.

Also make sure you spamm HoW during SW. Rotation should be HoW>CS>HoW>Tv>HoW>CS>HoW etc.

When boss reach execute range, make sure you prio HoW over CS/Judge/Exo it should be HoW>CS>Judge>Exo at sub 20%, above 20% CS>Judge>Exo this is damage wise rotation basically follows the damage prio above.

Also Macro Synapse with ES and use ES when you have procs up as the last thick with your gear under full CD's can crit for around 900k and during burst this gives you nice dps.

Since I don't have much free time to write this is what I found taking a quick look at logs. Make sure use correct damaga prio with spells and right rotation when boss is sub 20% and when you are bursting etc.

Quote Originally Posted by lefse View Post
    I did a flex 3 today. I forgot to log Malk Otherwise here is the link to Spoils and Thok. I am not really sure how to do Thok well due to not knowing how people are going to run in a pug for fixate. I know I need to work on my uptime on boss when possible and safe. I was pleased with my Inq uptime. I would love any other pointers from the Ret community. I was also wondering what bosses would be best to log to find issues with my play. I am still trying to get 4pc and proper trinkets.

I have searched high and low on interwebs and MMO-C but I still have yet to find what is considered the proper opener. I couldn't prepot due to no countdown in my flex. I usually try to Prepot Goak build to INQ and cycle until 12 stacks of ancient power then AW and ES all before potion is up. Any help in that regard would be grateful as well.

Please ignore Immerseus log. I had a IRL emergency and had to leave keyboard and then run died after boss was killed

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Dodonna/simple

Log: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings...bgjD#boss=1594
    It would realy help if you can go even in LFR Malkorok or IJ or even Durumu to check your performance, the fights you have provided excluding Immersus ( due to reason stated above) are bad for looking at logs as you either mostly spamm AoE ( Spoils) thus ignoring normal rotation most of the time or have downtime (Thok) and different CD usage as you wont use CD's while Thok is runing all over the place.

Either way I'll take a look and see if I can help you.

First things first. Looking at your armory I see you are still gearing up.

Your main prio should be to get trinkets Thok's Tail Tip and Evil Eye of Galakras even LFR vesion combo will give you more dps then the two trinkets you have atm. So try to replace those two trinkets as soon as posb.

You also miss 4p so try to get that aswell even if you have to replace some 540+ item for 4p it's worth it, since it's 10% or so dps increase on ST ( the more procs more dps) and huge dps increase on AoE also helps you with rotation to fill some "black holes" aka downtime in rotation.

Ret is heavy dependant on gear especially on trinkets, tier bonuses and weapon. Those three things will give you the most dps out of any item you may get unless it's 50-100IL upgrade.

As stated above I couldn't see much from logs but there are few things I can point at.

First thing I noticed you need to use more HoW's, with 32% haste you should have around 12-13 HoW's used per 1xSW. Looking more into, for example on Thok you used 3x AW and only had 40 HoW's. Just from using SW (AW) you should have 36-39 plus Execute range on boss and plus execute range on Jailors.

Your uptime of Inquistion if perfect and keep that up.

One thing where you can squizee mroe dps is from ES, try to use use ES with trinket procs and and snapshot those procs. Make sure you track your trinkets and trinket procs you have many usefull addons that can help you with that ( Weakauras, ExtraCD, TellMeWhen and many others).
    If you have to delay ES to line it up with procs make sure you don't delay it for 20sec max what you should delay it, should be up to 10 sec psob 15 if you know you'r gonna get CD's or some extrernal CDs (Warr banner etc).

Your CD usage seems fine but it's hard to tell as this fight's have downtime and lots of runing around.

Looking at damage by ability I see you are using correct damage prio, but make sure you spamm HoW.

When you have SW(AW) up rotation should be the following HoW>CS>HoW>TV>HoW>CS>HoW etc.

For the opener you should blow AW right after GoAk, all trinkets procs pop up withing first melee hits and with 30 sec of burst you'll have max usage of those procs, also you gain GoAK stacks extremly fast so you don't have to delay things by a much. During opener you can also only use 2 Holy power on Inquistion as 40 sec should be more then enough to carry you throught full burst duration and BL. One thing you can also do is get 4p crafted Holy PvP gear and then cast 3x FoL before fight starts and get Inq up and swap to normal gear ofc.

Other then that you seem to be doing fine, unless I missed something in logs (Bear in mind I'm still getting used to Warcraflogs, need to learn couple more things with graphs etc).

Your only way to get massive increase in dps is to get 4p and trinkets, the dps increase these items provide for ret is more then insane, this is just from top of my head but I see them easly giving you up to 100% dps increase if you equiped them and still have same IL.

So try to get the follwing items as soon as posb ( unless you can extra bad luck/rng):

Thok's Tail Tip

If you upgrade it 3 times (LFR ver) it will give you 6% stat increase, also bear in mind this trinket gives more dps as you gear up, with each new item you'r gonna get more dps.

Evil Eye of Galakras

LFR vez. with no upgrades gives you 31% CD recovery reduction. AW CD 1min and 38 sec and GOAK 2min 24 sec.

And bosses that you should try to do every week on all diff you can Thok (Tier Helm) and Paragons of Klaxx/Celestials (Tier Legs) it would be best 4p combo with your current gear.

Is it always better to use (4) piece Tier even if some of the pieces are normal mode drops?

i.e. I have heroic WF offset pieces I could be wearing.

Also once you reach 40% haste or so is it advisable to go full mastery?

Quote Originally Posted by Xol View Post
    Is it always better to use (4) piece Tier even if some of the pieces are normal mode drops?

i.e. I have heroic WF offset pieces I could be wearing.

Also once you reach 40% haste or so is it advisable to go full mastery?
    Yes 4p is massive dps gain for us, especially on fights with cleave which on HC is almost every single fight except IJ, and 2-3 other depending on your role/tactics. Also when you spec into DP you get good synergy with 4p (4p can proc DP and DP can proc 4p).

Once you reach 40% ~ 17k Haste raiting drop everything into mastery, you can also go for crit but mastery is more reliable, also theoreticly mastery build can net you higher dps with good crit rng. ( For example during burst my HoW hitting 800k and mastery doing almost 1mil, 1.8mil in one GCD get couple more like that and you have insane burst).
    Also 4p has good synergy with mastery build. The difference between 4p and TV is like 5% on ST, so when it procs it's like getting a free TV and on top of that it helps you to cut down downtime "black holes".

And beacause of 4p your are going for 40% haste and pushing everything into mastery build.

I don't know exact difference in number but the only time you might for off pieces if you have 4set from LFR 0/4 and you have WF off pieces 2/4 or 4/4 to replace 4set but even then 4p cleave can easly pull ahead on good amount of fights. Either way keep 4p, ret dps depends alot on it.