Page 42 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    In all of my logs Judgment and Exorcism do more damage than CS per cast, the reason you want to prioritise CS is cause it has a lower cooldown, this doesn't apply when you have Sanctified Wrath up though, as you'll be adding a low cooldown Hammer of Wrath to the mix. Prioritizing CS here would mean all you're casting is HoW and CS.
    Last edited by mmoc00be05b0f2; 2014-07-23 at 01:09 AM.

Well...in any case, is there anything else I could improve on?

edit: Armory's not updating currently, but http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Lisey/advanced for whenever it does.
    Last edited by Lisey; 2014-07-23 at 01:14 AM.

Deleted
    You're gonna have to provide more information, the How to post section in the OP will go a long way.

Quote Originally Posted by Thraene View Post
    In all of my logs Judgment and Exorcism do more damage than CS per cast, the reason you want to prioritise CS is cause it has a lower cooldown, this doesn't apply when you have Sanctified Wrath up though, as you'll be adding a low cooldown Hammer of Wrath to the mix. Prioritizing CS here would mean all you're casting is HoW and CS.
    CS is > J or Ex during wings aswell as during any other timing, due simply to the fact that it procs our mastery which is why your logs J and Ex have more damage compared to CS, because it simply does not account for HoL per CS cast.

Please stop spreading misinformation.

Deleted
    Alright point taken, I completely overlooked that, it is not me spreading misinformation, not intentionally anyways. I also suggested he'd try it on target dummies, I never offered it as a rule.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisey View Post
    Well...in any case, is there anything else I could improve on?

edit: Armory's not updating currently, but http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Lisey/advanced for whenever it does.
    You're not really doing anything wrong rotationally as far as I can see, other than getting almost hilariously unlucky with procs and crits compared to the other rets - especially Tivadar, who could rank drunk with that sort of luck with crits.

It won't let most post links so my name is Acsêrus on the Nerz'hul realm, and sorry, I don't have any logs at the moment.

My ilvl is 570, I have 40% Haste and 59% Mastery unbuffed, in the raid I have 53% Haste and 69% Mastery but I'm only pulling around 230k DPS. You'll notice my Hit is at 9.97%, but that's because I mainly tank and don't have enough gear to dedicate to my DPS

I try to follow the priority list as mentioned in the guide as much as possible but I do have some question. I only use the T16 DS at 5HP, and 5HP TV right after, but sometimes after using the T16 DS it comes right back, than aback again for a 3rd or 4th time. So do I just keep using the procs until there aren't any more? At that point everything else is off CD and is just sitting. I have also experimented with the priority while using AW (with the SW talent), in that I only cast HoW since It's on such a short CD. It seems to give me a boost in DPS while I have Wings, but after Wings I drop back down to the 230k range. As I said, just using HoW during Wrath is experimental right now as I'm trying everything to keep my spot in the raid.

As far as CDs go I use GoaK and AW right away and save the ES when my Guardian stacks reach 12. Since I only have the Normal version of EEoG the CDs don't really merge after that. My AW is on a 1.41m CD so my ES doesn't even line up with Wrath after the first time (which may be because of the waiting), until maybe 6 minutes later when they all bump into each other again.

At this point I think it's a priority thing because sometimes my Cloak proc. will be 2nd or 3rd place in dps, other times my white attacks will be, but my Mastery is always #1. One one fight on Heroic Siegecrafter my Guardian's attack was #3 on my DPS list. the other 2 Rets. in the group are both 586 and usually have Hand of Light, DS, HoW OR HoL, HoW, DS as their top damaging spells. So I know something is wrong here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Airai View Post
    My ilvl is 570, I have 40% Haste and 59% Mastery unbuffed, in the raid I have 53% Haste and 69% Mastery but I'm only pulling around 230k DPS. You'll notice my Hit is at 9.97%, but that's because I mainly tank and don't have enough gear to dedicate to my DPS
    Three things straight away:

1) You still have 40% haste when buffed, the apparent increase in a raid that you allude to is a gnomish trickery (doesn't improve your SoB).
    2) If you don't have dedicated dps gear then you can't expect to do dedicated dps; your gear may well be under 570 in terms of effectiveness.
    3) 230k dps doesn't mean a great deal. On some fights that would be pretty good, but awful on others. Also your overall dps depends on others as well as yourself.

I try to follow the priority list as mentioned in the guide as much as possible but I do have some question. I only use the T16 DS at 5HP, and 5HP TV right after, but sometimes after using the T16 DS it comes right back, than aback again for a 3rd or 4th time. So do I just keep using the procs until there aren't any more?
    You don't have to spam them, but you'd certainly want to consume them before using TV again.

As far as CDs go I use GoaK and AW right away and save the ES when my Guardian stacks reach 12. Since I only have the Normal version of EEoG the CDs don't really merge after that. My AW is on a 1.41m CD so my ES doesn't even line up with Wrath after the first time (which may be because of the waiting), until maybe 6 minutes later when they all bump into each other again.
    I'm assuming you use SW if you pop guardian and AW at the same time. Your version of the Eye doesn't affect how Guardian and AW line up as their cooldowns are reduced in the same proportion. It will affect lining up with ES, but sod it. Maybe just delay a bit at the end of the fight when you know you won't get another in anyway.

At this point I think it's a priority thing because sometimes my Cloak proc. will be 2nd or 3rd place in dps, other times my white attacks will be, but my Mastery is always #1. One one fight on Heroic Siegecrafter my Guardian's attack was #3 on my DPS list. the other 2 Rets. in the group are both 586 and usually have Hand of Light, DS, HoW OR HoL, HoW, DS as their top damaging spells. So I know something is wrong here.
    I do not understand why your Templar's Verdict would not be doing more damage than autoattacks (which would be expected to do high overall damage). Logs would be required or, better yet, a video of your play.

Thanks for the response.

Quote Originally Posted by Thete View Post
    Three things straight away:

1) You still have 40% haste when buffed, the apparent increase in a raid that you allude to is a gnomish trickery (doesn't improve your SoB).
    2) If you don't have dedicated dps gear then you can't expect to do dedicated dps; your gear may well be under 570 in terms of effectiveness.
    3) 230k dps doesn't mean a great deal. On some fights that would be pretty good, but awful on others. Also your overall dps depends on others as well as yourself.

The only pieces of gear I'm not sharing are my boots and my belt, everything else is gemmed/reforged to tanking. I know it depends on the encounter, but now that I think on it I don't know if he was specifically referring to the current boss or in general, but the boss he mentioned my low dps on was H. Siegecrafter. I think he was just talking about that encounter becuase I haven't heard any issues with my damage until now. We're using the strat. where mines come out almost every time and I have an average of 20% activity on them so I'm switching quickly. Generally they spawn in the fire and have a few seconds of crossing a path that isn't on fire that I can attack them on.

You don't have to spam them, but you'd certainly want to consume them before using TV again.

Ok, I'll try that and see how that goes. When it got to the 3rd or 4th proc in a row it felt wrong to leave everything off CD so I would build back up to 5HP before using the proc again, but I'll try using them as long as I have a proc. (at 5HP, of course).

I'm assuming you use SW if you pop guardian and AW at the same time. Your version of the Eye doesn't affect how Guardian and AW line up as their cooldowns are reduced in the same proportion. It will affect lining up with ES, but sod it. Maybe just delay a bit at the end of the fight when you know you won't get another in anyway.

Ahh, I see now.

I do not understand why your Templar's Verdict would not be doing more damage than autoattacks (which would be expected to do high overall damage). Logs would be required or, better yet, a video of your play.
    I can get logs for you next week when we raid again, or I'll check tonight to see if anyone else has logs.

Edit: I messed up the quotes so my response is in there with your reply
    Last edited by Airai; 2014-07-25 at 10:27 PM.

Deleted
    hi my character is holygun from eu earthern ring I have posted on mmo champion before so I cant post any links but my ilvl is 575 equipped and my dps seems lower than it should mst fights I pull 290k-320k I have seen another ret pally on my server do 380k am I just doing it wrong or something cuse I do know any help would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Holgun View Post
    hi my character is holygun from eu earthern ring I have posted on mmo champion before so I cant post any links but my ilvl is 575 equipped and my dps seems lower than it should mst fights I pull 290k-320k I have seen another ret pally on my server do 380k am I just doing it wrong or something cuse I do know any help would be nice.
    What's your rotation like?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Airai View Post
    What's your rotation like?
    I'm gonna venture a guess (because I've seen that sort of number disparity before) that he's using J and/or Exo over CS and is losing a bunch of damage, especially during Wings, that way. Obviously we can't help you much without logs, but if you're 575 equipped and doing sub-350k on single-target fights, then yes, you're fucking something up.

Deleted
    Inq - AW+GoA- HoW - cs -HoW -TV while using cds

when I have no cds up I just really make sure everything is on cd and prioritizing CS due to low cd
    I use CLC ret to give me a guidline on what to use and weakaraus to track my big CDs and inquisition duration.

- - - Updated - - -

if I could link my logs I would

Quote Originally Posted by Holgun View Post
    Inq - AW+GoA- HoW - cs -HoW -TV while using cds

when I have no cds up I just really make sure everything is on cd and prioritizing CS due to low cd
    I use CLC ret to give me a guidline on what to use and weakaraus to track my big CDs and inquisition duration.

- - - Updated - - -

if I could link my logs I would
    Hello there the latest logs I could find were from 2nd July from WoL.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/s...?s=2276&e=2668

So I went there and checked some stuff.

From couple fights you were on I noticed your CD usage is wrong.

For example on Sha of Pride 10 HC

You delayed your 3rd wings to line them up with Goak and BL usualy that's good, but it's good if you know BL will be used in like next 10-20 sec. By delaying AW for so long you lost one extra AW. That's 30 sec of burst on that fight went away.
    As you can see below

You did same on Protectors 10 HC but this time you didn't wait for BL. Make sure you keep using AW off CD 3rd Goak will alling perfectly with AW you may need to delay AW or GoaK for 10 sec etc.
    The only time you should delay AW is when you know BL will be used in next 10-20 sec otherwise is dps loss.

About talents, on Protectors you went for SW, unless you are spliting bosses and not AoEing then SW is best. But protectors is full AoE fight and you should go for DP + Light's Hammer ( you'll always have 2+ targets alive so Hammer will/should outdps ES).
    Ofc your talent choice depends on your raid tacts but you should take advantage of cleave fights, especially since our AoE is extremly good now with 4p.

Galakras/Protectors are pure AoE fight's and you should take DP no matter what. Difference in dps between DP and SW is like 1% or so. Constantly having multiple targets throught out the fight makes DP pull ahead of SW.

Immersus - DP
    Protectors - DP
    Norushen - Sw/DP ( Both are good/DP pulls ahead if you send many people in)
    Sha of Pridde - SW/DP ( DP if you wanna get more dps from AoEing adds but both are good)
    Galakras - DP
    IJ - SW
    Dark Shamans - DP if stacked, SW if you 3 tank them
    Nazgrim - SW if you don't tank adds on top of the boss and bring assasin in, DP if you do
    Malkorok - SW
    Spoils - DP
    Thok - SW
    Siegecrafter - SW if you are on belt, DP if you are on boss and spawning mines if not go for SW
    Klaxxi - SW
    Garrosh - SW if you don't have problem with adds, DP if you realy struggle with adds. I realy recommend SW as dps on Garrosh is the most important thing on that fight.

I didn't go deeper into the logs to check rotation/Ability usage but what you wrote is fine.
    Always try to cap holy power and then unleash it.
    In some cases you don't go for the cap, example would be, you have add at 20% and it's gonna die in next 2-3 sec and you got DS proc and you are at 3 Holy power, you go for cleave and then proceed with rotation.

For Sha for example you can bank 5 holy power before adds spawn and then start cleaving as they spawn. Always adjust your rotation to the fight, we may have "dull" rotation but work around it and you'll get max performance out of it. ( Knowing when to cleave when to stop building holy power and cleaving)

We have to raid SoO 10 hc due to holydays etc so I had a chance to compare some of my abiltys I used on Sha to yours.

Your Execution sentence is low also fight lasted 6min+ and you only used it 3 times.
    Always try to use ES when you have trinket procs, especially at start double trinket proc + AW +Pot +GoaK + Banners etc your final ES tick can crit for 1mil. So always try to snapshot stats aka trinket procs. Same as with AW try to delay ES for 10 sec if you know that in those 10 mybe up to 15 sec you'll get powerfull trinket proc, otherwise just use it of CD.
    ES doesn't give that much dps increase but still it gives us some and it's useless to ignore. Just to give you comparison I used ES 3 times I got 2 full ES out and 3'rd one only managed to do 5 ticks and total dmg of ES was 2.25mil you had 3 full usage of ES and your ES did 2mil dmg.

I haven't checked everything but hopefully someother fellas here will go further into logs.

Edit: Corrected what I wrote in ES segment apparently 13+17 is 40 in my head ...
    Last edited by Monoroth; 2014-07-29 at 02:30 PM.

Deleted
    thanks for the information its a big help I have addons set up to show me my trinket internal CDs and duration just need to get used to using it to full effect.
    also those logs are out dated by quite a bit which is annoying but the person who logged our fights screwed up their computer.

10+ Year Old Account

579 Ret Paladin Looking For Help Gemming/Reforging.

Hey guys! First off im not a hardcore raider, just casual. We have managed a 9/14 Heroic 10 man this expansion, which isnt too bad i guess for a 8 hour a week raid lock.

I have questions about what stat weights I should be shooting for at this gear level.

I have been told many things....as in ....... 40% haste, then move to stacking mastery. 45% Haste then stacking to mastery.......even 50% haste then mastery.

Looking for someone who can finally solve this dilemma for me, I am linking current armory below if someone wouldn't mind taking a look and making some suggestions.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nated/advanced

I think I should be pulling more DPS than what i do....I mean i usually top charts, or at least 2nd.......but I know I can do better if my gear/reforging/chants are optimized.

Thanks in advance!!

Deleted
    You should probably move this here http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Ret-Fix-my-DPS! it had fallen off to the 2nd page though.
    As for the stat weights, from what I've read it doesn't really matter, they're all really close to each other at your ilvl, even the crit builds.
    Also some logs will help after stating "I should be pulling more DPS".

Quote Originally Posted by NecroFrYeR View Post
    Hey guys! First off im not a hardcore raider, just casual. We have managed a 9/14 Heroic 10 man this expansion, which isnt too bad i guess for a 8 hour a week raid lock.

I have questions about what stat weights I should be shooting for at this gear level.

I have been told many things....as in ....... 40% haste, then move to stacking mastery. 45% Haste then stacking to mastery.......even 50% haste then mastery.

Looking for someone who can finally solve this dilemma for me, I am linking current armory below if someone wouldn't mind taking a look and making some suggestions.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nated/advanced

I think I should be pulling more DPS than what i do....I mean i usually top charts, or at least 2nd.......but I know I can do better if my gear/reforging/chants are optimized.

Thanks in advance!!
    You're under 50% just slightly, which means you're just barely missing an extra HoW during wings.

A crit build would not be viable to you due to only having a 569 TTT.

Going for 50% haste with your gear means you're missing out on a lot of socket bonuses, and strength is still a helpful factor when it comes to DPS.

Also a few of your pieces are suboptimal, but that's likely largely be due to your progression/drop rates.

40% haste is key to big dps gains then the next best thing is 50% haste but everything in between really isn't going make much of a difference. So stack what you want really no one is going to say you're a noob for stacking either crit or mastery after 40% haste unless of course you gave up 50% haste for extra crit/mastery then that *could* be "bad".

Socket bonuses are in the same boat. You could get all those socket bonuses if you'll still be at 40% haste but keep in mind the 2:1 ratio so Haste is better than Strength and that's why you'll see many pallys not bother with socket bonuses assuming it means that's the only way to hit 40% haste with their gear.

Maybe this old thread can help out

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/13271407752
    Last edited by NickCageFanatic; 2014-08-05 at 02:37 AM.
    "Do fish have dreams?" - Nick Cage
    The Cage!! In his most primal form!!

Deleted
    Hey guys, having some degree of difficulty getting up to par on dps, so looking for some help really!

Can't post a link to armory as I'm a forum noob, but my char is Kalliss on Killrogg-EU

Slightly old log there, unfortunately not got anything newer I seem to especially suck at Norushen HC and Immerseus HC, though in general my dps is just all round bad. At the moment I'm in 573 gear but struggling in many fights to do above 210k dps which for my gear level is pretty bad. My only saving grace is big predicable add fights like Spoils and Garrosh, and I can just cheese the AoE. Other than that I'm consistantly the lowest dps in my raid team

A few pointers would be awesome