While divine purpose can proc, sometimes its proc when you dont need it, as a healer you cant wait for a RNG to save people or the raid, every holy avenger give you like 30+ holy power, this mean you can put 3 holy power eternal flame in all your raid, add some cd like wings, trinket proc and you have your own tranquility. Under normal circumstance you dont want to spend your holy power in LoD.

As calculated out somewhere on these forums, a 3 hopo EF with 30% overhealing does more healing than a 3 hopo LoD with 0%.(I might have the numbers for EF mixed up, conclusion was the same). The only reason I sometimes use it is a big hit and no healing whatsoever after. A swellinng pride from Sha normal comes to mind, no tankdamage, just 1 big hit. time the HR, prism, lod and you have just healed up the whole group while spending 24k mana. Apart from that it has little use outside SH for me, I like to have control, and a smart heal is no control for me.

Same goes with HA, it's all about control for me. What to do with 7 DP procs when theres nothing to heal? Trying to reach 200 mil overhealing for giggles?
    Lilaith, resident flamer for Winterfall, holy moderator in Hammer of Wrath.
    Discord: Lilaith#9028
    Bnet: Lilaith#2476

Thanks again! You've convinced me to try Holy Avenger instead. You both made good points. I'm eager to see how I do with HA instead of DP.

Hello!

Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lvira/advanced

Alternate Specs/Glyphs: Switching between Holy Prism & Light's Hammer. Glyphs remain the same.

Worldoflogs Link: (1) http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/v2tnjuui4lpttl57/ (2) http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/h...?s=6157&e=6660

Questions, concerns, expectations: What can I do to do well? Better gear or change of playstyle? Can it be worth following the Mr.Robot suggestions regarding gems/reforges or does it all boil down more into what your raid is made of?

I also tend to go Oom very easily but it also depends on the fights, and was wondering if that is normal occurance.

Description of Playstyle: HR, HR, HS > EF & Prism/Hammer whenever off cd/needed, afraid of using the big CD's sometimes incase they'd go waste for the "big" moments during encounters, always Spirit flask. Keeping Beacon on one of the tanks always, a bit scaredy of using it on non-tanks.

I'd like to ask for an advice regarding my healing, im a Retribution(Main)/Holy paladin(Off) in 10m casual'ish guild 13/14 in SoO with Garrosh almost dead. Our raid usually consists of; 3 Paladins, 2 Monks, 1 Warrior, 1 Shaman, 1 Hunter, 1 Rogue or mage & 1 warlock. One of the monks and the shaman usually 2heal everything except for Malkorok & Thok where I step in to help the best I can, but sometimes the shaman can be late to the raid, thus leading into me having to 2heal with the monk. The monk in question haves almost full SoO normal gear with pieces of Warforged here and there.

The first log (1) that I've included is from 2healing with the monk up to Malkorok where the shaman then joined the raid and we 3healed it, Spoils was done with me as DPS. There are some earlier ones available with Thok (2) kill done but during that I had the 7k haste cap & 20-25% Mastery for more of direct heals, and when I was using LoD along with EF. Now I am trying more of build where I have the 3k cap and 40%~ Mastery with Might buff to try if I can be more of use that way seeing that we lack shields. From reading this thread too I tried to keep from using LoD while having EF in bars for the newer build during the (1).

I understand my gear is rather poor still, and what skills I might have as a healer aren't up to par with what some players expect from me in the raid and I am afraid that my perfomance is sometimes dragging people down. However they allow me to roll on heal gear that the two healers can use too which to be honest, baffles me a bit as I feel undeserving of it.

Thanks in advance for any help and criticism given!

( Im still working on the legendary cloak, just started on Titan Runestone part. I know the Windsong is wee slacky enchant to have but im hoping to get better weapon soon to use the Jade Spirit I have in my bags. )

Quote Originally Posted by Myrandu View Post
    *snip*
    Main thing I saw, stands out the second I open your armory is how low your Spirit is. You've got the Blackfuse trinket, which is a good start, but without the Legendary meta you'll probably need closer to 15k Spirit to use EF to its fullest potential, to be honest when I first looked I thought you where a SH healer. I can see your gem focus is Mastery > Spirit/Int, but for EF it should be Spirit > Int/Mastery until you get to a much higher level. I'd focus on the Spirit long before you look at the Haste breakpoints, unless you want to play the SH spec, which in your current gear would probably be a more viable option for you (outside of Malkorok), and it really doesn't surprise me that you're having the problems you describe atm, so don't worry about the low performance you've been seeing.

Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    Main thing I saw, stands out the second I open your armory is how low your Spirit is. You've got the Blackfuse trinket, which is a good start, but without the Legendary meta you'll probably need closer to 15k Spirit to use EF to its fullest potential, to be honest when I first looked I thought you where a SH healer. I can see your gem focus is Mastery > Spirit/Int, but for EF it should be Spirit > Int/Mastery until you get to a much higher level. I'd focus on the Spirit long before you look at the Haste breakpoints, unless you want to play the SH spec, which in your current gear would probably be a more viable option for you (outside of Malkorok), and it really doesn't surprise me that you're having the problems you describe atm, so don't worry about the low performance you've been seeing.
    Thank you for the response, I'll be looking into both Spirit and SH to try out to find out how I'll do with them. I agree with my gear to be a bit.. Confusing for what I am going for with Holy, or attempting rather with poor results.

Thanks.

I've been reading through the thread and I wanted to say "Thank you!" for you all's kindness in not ripping me a new one when I asked my question! If I had just read through the thread *first* I wouldn't have needed to ask some of the things I did. Thanks again, your advice proved very helpful and spot on!

Deleted
    Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rsite/advanced

Alternate Specs/Glyphs: I change between Holy Prism and Light's hammer depending the fight.

Worldoflogs Link: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-9k...?s=1581&e=1896

Questions, concerns, expectations: My main question is if i'm gemmed right. I've heard alot of stories about gemming full Intellect, or go full mastery. I've tried gemming full Int+Mastery but saw my mana regen decline alot so i gemmed for more spirit again. I was wondering what the benefit is of going full intellect. If i'm right im also at the first haste cap, should i also go for the second?

I'm also looking for any tips or advice regarding my playstyle to improve.

Description of Playstyle: Mostly HR -> HR -> HS = EF. I don't find myself using my CD's alot except for Devotion Aura. Any tips are appeciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Forsite View Post
    Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rsite/advanced

Alternate Specs/Glyphs: I change between Holy Prism and Light's hammer depending the fight.

Worldoflogs Link: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-9k...?s=1581&e=1896

Questions, concerns, expectations: My main question is if i'm gemmed right. I've heard alot of stories about gemming full Intellect, or go full mastery. I've tried gemming full Int+Mastery but saw my mana regen decline alot so i gemmed for more spirit again. I was wondering what the benefit is of going full intellect. If i'm right im also at the first haste cap, should i also go for the second?

I'm also looking for any tips or advice regarding my playstyle to improve.

Description of Playstyle: Mostly HR -> HR -> HS = EF. I don't find myself using my CD's alot except for Devotion Aura. Any tips are appeciated!
    You'll probably need to keep your Spirit gems until you pickup one of the SoO trinkets, after that it depends on where your focus lies, Mastery is better for pure numbers, Int is good for consistency across all your heals. As far as getting better at CDs, I personally use a large number of WeakAuras icons that I posted back in 5.0 here, once you know they're off CD you just have to think "damage coming up? I'd better use a CD"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    You'll probably need to keep your Spirit gems until you pickup one of the SoO trinkets, after that it depends on where your focus lies, Mastery is better for pure numbers, Int is good for consistency across all your heals. As far as getting better at CDs, I personally use a large number of WeakAuras icons that I posted back in 5.0 here, once you know they're off CD you just have to think "damage coming up? I'd better use a CD"
    Thanks for the tips, could you share your weakaura strings? That setup on the screenie looks nice.

Hello.

Don't have questions about my healing more a question of gemming.

Right now for normals I'm happy with my gemming and other stats.

But next week we will be into heroic SoO 10 man.

Should I change my gems from int to secondary stats including spirit? I currently run 16k

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rusader/simple

Should I go back to the 3506 haste breakpoint and get more mastery?

Ty for the help.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pretiwhitboy View Post
    Hello.

Should I change my gems from int to secondary stats including spirit? I currently run 16k

Ty for the help.
    You have both horridon and blackfuse trinkets and the meta gem, and have 15k spirit. IMO that is far too much spirit so I'm not sure why you want even more spirit for heroic. I run with only blackfuse and have around 13k. Stick with the ~7k haste cap and gem int or int/mastery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spirit to a comfortable level. What you find comfortable is not what they find comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Berianther View Post
    You have both horridon and blackfuse trinkets and the meta gem, and have 15k spirit. IMO that is far too much spirit so I'm not sure why you want even more spirit for heroic. I run with only blackfuse and have around 13k. Stick with the ~7k haste cap and gem int or int/mastery.

Im running the Tot trinket until i get the amp

Hello.

Ty for the help.
    Hi.
    I checked your guilds progress page and it looks like you aren't healing together with a disc priest, but with a resto druid. If I were in your situation and healing together with a resto druid I would drop 7170 breakpoint and go down to 3506 breakpoint and focus on a spirit/mastery build instead of intellect. Although, depending on the fight and tactics I personally would change a few things. For example on Malkorok heroic I would go back to 7170 breakpoint and focus on intellect again. There are quite a few variables. But basically, in your situation (assuming your heal partner is a rdruid) I would definately go heavy mastery instead of intellect.

We actually just changed to a mw monk does that still mean do that?

Also I meant early to ask after I get amp and replace the tot trinket would I want more spirit for heroics.

We actually just changed to a mw monk does that still mean do that?
    Yes, I would still gear the same way. But you should be aware of the difference between having a Rdruid and a mistweaver. For example, Rdruid brings a lot of constant tank healing through Lifebloom + Rejuv on the active tank with a great reaction based swiftmend. I would almost call it passive. Where as MW only has renewing rolling on the tank, and based on the situation casts enveloping mist on the tank. Be ready for that. Don't forget to juggle beacon to the active tank, always. (One of the things that makes a great Hpala, it's not as easy as it seems).

Also I meant early to ask after I get amp and replace the tot trinket would I want more spirit for heroics.
    Horridon's trinket gives you an average mp5, but can be a bit RNG. It also gives you output stats in form of intellect.

Amp trinket, output stats aside gives you mp5 by increasing your spirit by a certain percentage. Now if you want to still be at the same mp5 as with horridons trinket you would have to gem some more spirit. If you are at ~15000 spirit now with Siegecrafter and horridon's trinket and you're comfortable with that, I would aim to be at ~17500 spirit when you replace horridon's with amp trinket to maintain the same mp5. But you should definately get the amp trinket asap, whether it be Flex/normal/heroic. I never got to use it on progress myself. :-( (I still don't have it).

Thx a lot guys.

I'm actually very use to 2 healing with a monk as that what my last guild ran with me.

As expected we finally downed garrosh on normal last night. Got my first ranking of the xpac on WoL!

I'll shall be regemming and reforging tomorrow for heroics tomorrow!!

Quote Originally Posted by Forsite View Post
    Thanks for the tips, could you share your weakaura strings? That setup on the screenie looks nice.
    I posted a link a few posts down in that thread, http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post20382622

If it doesn't work, PM me and I'll send you a new set of strings

Has anyone ran with the ~10900 haste breakpoint yet? My gear is totally able to reach it, but I would also (i think) need to go up from 13500 spirit to around 15k spirit to support that much haste. I would end up losing nearly 11% mastery so I would be at roughly 33% mastery buffed, but I would have that insane 45% haste. This is all without the amp trinket btw. Any thoughts? looking for feedback from people that have tried the 45% break point and run heroics.