Page 97 of 111 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyrotten View Post
    Reforge into more spirit or use the Blackfuse trinket.
    I was thinking around the 12k mark.

I was told in this thread if selfless healer use Thoks trinket.

Thoks trinket isn't really that good for SH. Siegecrafter and sha trinket combo would be better. Unless you are never even denting your mana pool then maybe you can make a case for thoks trinket but if that's the case I feel that the dps trinket off immersius is a better choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Berianther View Post
    Anyone here tried using Purified Bindings + Prismatic Prison of Pride together?
    It depends on whether Judgment can trigger it, I never tested that specifically on PTR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Think I will play with the Thok trinket tonight on heroic modes. I like how i can predict the proc as its ICD.

the immersius trinket only procs from melee attacks. It used to proc from judgement IIRC but they changed that because it was too powerful and they forgot to remove it procing from melee attacks.

This is my boosted holy paladin. But I'm trying to learn him because I'm planning on main swapping in WoD. So-- here goes nothing.

WoL(Dark Shaman LFR, first time using WoL so I have no idea if I did it right): http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/e...sm/details/17/
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Rakne/advanced

First off, yeah, I know. A lot of my stuff is unenchanted even though this character is an enchanter. I understand that's really stupid, but I'm working on it. I'm not sure if it's just my gear, or if I'm messing up hardcore in fights. I know logs on only one fight isn't much help, but I'll try and get more. But can anyone point out things I can do better? I really like holy pally, and wanna get better at it by WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Elennoko View Post
    This is my boosted holy paladin. But I'm trying to learn him because I'm planning on main swapping in WoD. So-- here goes nothing.

WoL(Dark Shaman LFR, first time using WoL so I have no idea if I did it right): http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/e...sm/details/17/
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Rakne/advanced

First off, yeah, I know. A lot of my stuff is unenchanted even though this character is an enchanter. I understand that's really stupid, but I'm working on it. I'm not sure if it's just my gear, or if I'm messing up hardcore in fights. I know logs on only one fight isn't much help, but I'll try and get more. But can anyone point out things I can do better? I really like holy pally, and wanna get better at it by WoD.
    If you are going to go the selfless healer route then you do it like this:

Judge to gain 1 stack of the Selfless Healer buff, consume that 1 stack by casting Holy Radiance which in turn give you a Daybreak stack and use the Daybreak stack on a Holy Shock. Now that you have 3 Holy Power, cast Light of Dawn. Weave in Holy Prism when Holy Shock and Judgment are both on cd. Use cooldowns when appropriate.

In that fight you judged 8 times and cast holy light 72 times. You also have DP talented, HA > DP because its a throughput cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyranader View Post
    I was thinking around the 12k mark.

I was told in this thread if selfless healer use Thoks trinket.
    You do this all the time... you ask a question and then when you get an answer go completely off the rails in another direction. We can't tell you how exactly to spend each gcd or what exact thing you need to be doing all the time. Go test shit yourself. TBH I didn't realize I was even responding to you until I hit enter since you changed your name.

Stop looking to everyone else for answers about things you can just try yourself.
    Living the casual life, oh yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyrotten View Post
    You do this all the time... you ask a question and then when you get an answer go completely off the rails in another direction. We can't tell you how exactly to spend each gcd or what exact thing you need to be doing all the time. Go test shit yourself. TBH I didn't realize I was even responding to you until I hit enter since you changed your name.

Stop looking to everyone else for answers about things you can just try yourself.
    No need to be a colossal dick about it. No wonder people hate on MMO-C with people like you on it. Yeah sometimes I go "off the rails in another direction" and there is nothing wrong with that, you say one thing, I can suggest something else which may work for people to respond to even if it is in response to my own question or in fact maybe a follow up to the question I asked, its called having a discussion that's what forums are for and I assumed the class forums where for people to ask QUESTIONS about their class which is all I was doing. I don't like blindly going down 1 path so yeah I will ask a question and then get an answer but MAYBE in the gap between getting a reply I have had another idea that I want some feedback on weather it is a good idea or not. Doesn't mean you have to be an ass about it. I'm the kind of person that asks questions because I like to explore a lot of options or sometimes I just want to see what other people think.

With the EF build what would be the stat priority?

Could someone take a quick look at my build and stat weights... I feel I'm off...

AMR https://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/...th/hyperballad
    ARMOURY https://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/...th/hyperballad

Thanks in advance, xo

Quote Originally Posted by supervixen View Post
    Could someone take a quick look at my build and stat weights... I feel I'm off...
    Hey, so a couple of things I noticed:

1) Glyphs are a bit spotty. Perhaps consider something other than POTI.
    2) Spec into Holy Avenger at this point of the game over Divine Purpose.

You have a lot of spirit. Do you have mana problems? If not, try to gem mastery over spirit. Also if you have mana issues, try reforging some haste into mastery instead.

The Glorious Stats enchant is generally a better bargain than the Mighty Spirit one (chest enchant).

Quote Originally Posted by supervixen View Post

AMR https://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/...th/hyperballad
    ARMOURY https://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/...th/hyperballad

Thanks in advance, xo
    I usually tell people that spirit is a comfort thing, but almost 19k is too much, specially for doing flex/normal and your general iLvl (by that I mean that as gear comes you might end up at 16k, and that's fine, because you're not sacrificing mastery for it). You are losing sooo much mastery by having all that spirit. Using JC gems on spirit is not beneficial for you either. Replace your spirit gems down to a lower value and work from there.

I would also suggest getting Holy Avenger over Divine Purpose as well as replacing Glyph of Protector of the Innocent with Glyph of Lay on Hands.

Hi guys! I'd like some gearing advice, since I recently picked up holy paladin (probably 4 days ago) and I've been toying around with it. I main prot and had OS ret forever so I'm just trying to know every spec well. Please bear with me on glyphs/trinkets since I don't have anything better atm.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rieress/simple

Thanks for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by DrTerrier View Post
    Hi guys! I'd like some gearing advice, since I recently picked up holy paladin (probably 4 days ago) and I've been toying around with it. I main prot and had OS ret forever so I'm just trying to know every spec well. Please bear with me on glyphs/trinkets since I don't have anything better atm.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rieress/simple

Thanks for the help!
    Prot gear showing on armory at the moment so I can't say anything from that. You probably want to start by just checking out the holy pally guides out there. The one on these forums is very good as well as the class guides on icy-veins. They'll cover all the basic gearing fundamentals like gemming, reforging, stat weights, etc. For trinkets you eventually want to be running Prismatic Prison and Dysmorphic Samophlange. Thok's Acid-Grooved Tooth isn't a bad option either, but a low-rppm cleave and an unpredictable intellect proc just aren't my taste.

The idea of this thread is more to help improve your play. If you have specific questions about playstyles or talent choices on specific fights, this is the place to ask.

EF build stat priority is:
    Spirit (to comfort) > Haste (to breakpoint) > Mastery > Crit

Your comfortable spirit level depends heavily on content level and gear. In Siege of Orgrimmar, 15-16k is where most people fall with some variance depending on the availability of things like mana tide and hymn of hope.

Haste breakpoints are 3506, 7170 and 10,867. In SoO, 7170 is the most common to hit, although in heroic gear it's not unreasonable to go for the higher breakpoint.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nightfalls View Post
    Don't use that build for challenge modes, it's not very competitive at 5-man situations especially when most of your work is single-target healing.
    Good point to make. SH doesn't scale particularly well for challenge modes because of where the throughput goes. SH can put out a lot of healing on large groups, but it's single-target potential is not particularly impressive, especially when compared to EF due to all the HoT transfers to beacon. Most challenge mode encounters have heavy tank damage, but relatively low group damage, so SH ends up producing a lot of waste healing in the form of unconsumed IH shields.

Woops, that's my bad. Should be fixed by now.

My main concern right now is mana management. I've been on 12k spirit for a while now and it's usually not too bad but I still get those moments where I feel im burning more mana than I feel I should (kind of doing a Radiance with the proc from Holy Shock and overhealing instead of a Holy Light or just banking on it).

Sorry about that and thanks for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by DrTerrier View Post
    My main concern right now is mana management. I've been on 12k spirit for a while now and it's usually not too bad but I still get those moments where I feel im burning more mana than I feel I should (kind of doing a Radiance with the proc from Holy Shock and overhealing instead of a Holy Light or just banking on it).
    At this point of the game Holy Light is a bit of a waste. You want more than 12k spirit probably at least 16k(!)

Quote Originally Posted by Khwaj View Post
    Just a question about pure mastery vs int/mastery gemming
    any real reason why i should favour one or the other or is the difference marginal thats its just a personal preference?
    i raid with a shammy and druid as the other healers hence why i went with SH for 10m as i think i should be compensating for lack of shields

heres my armoury
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ifonn/advanced

plz excuse some items
    i use to main a hunter, but i had to replace a healer/dps who got a bit burnt out from raiding mid tier
    ive been passing on a lot of healer gear for our main healers too, so the its the best i got atm

for those wondering why im using a str trinket is cos i either use nazgrims or VP one as sha wont drop his one
    and same goes with offhand as norushen wont drop his shield and i was using a flexi shield prior to the heroic OH

Thx

bump
    anyone with some answers to my question from this post?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurzior View Post
    Good point to make. SH doesn't scale particularly well for challenge modes because of where the throughput goes. SH can put out a lot of healing on large groups, but it's single-target potential is not particularly impressive, especially when compared to EF due to all the HoT transfers to beacon. Most challenge mode encounters have heavy tank damage, but relatively low group damage, so SH ends up producing a lot of waste healing in the form of unconsumed IH shields.
    Thats also why most 10m Hpallys go EF and more 25m Hpallys go SH.