Int/mastery and pure mastery gemming is very close. It really comes down to how often people are at full HP. If everyone is always topped off and you are doing little throughput heals then stacking mastery is going to be higher hps. Whereas the opposite is true for int/mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Brainslol View Post
    Int/mastery and pure mastery gemming is very close. It really comes down to how often people are at full HP. If everyone is always topped off and you are doing little throughput heals then stacking mastery is going to be higher hps. Whereas the opposite is true for int/mastery.
    This, as a general rule 10 mans tend to favour intellect and 25's mastery just in general style.

I am trying to optimism for 2 Healing SoO. If you could please look it over. I am open to anything.

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/garona/Pidgeot/advanced

ps. I just made this account so I am unable to make it a link. should be fine if you copy and paste it in the url

After getting into the later heroics and trying the +5 haste breakpoint, im having trouble feeling effective when going back to the +4 breakpoint. It feels sluggish and unable to keep up with burst damage. Although unless i drop to the +4 breakpoint, I can't move to gemming mastery because i need so much spirit. Most people ive referenced seem to be getting to around ~50% mastery at that level while im still at 30%. Is anyone else having the same dilemma?

Some additional info, I heal 10m using EF and typically dont stray too far from HS->HR-> HR->EF.

My armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kelthuzad/Brumear/advanced
    Last edited by Brumear; 2014-03-25 at 01:16 AM.

Nightfalls and Miskatonic, thank you very much

Thank you! xo

Do you have specified weights for AMR? Like a custom setting you follow?
    Last edited by supervixen; 2014-03-25 at 12:32 AM.

Deleted
    So you guys really sport 16k+ Spirit? I just thought one of our Paladins is bad for running so much. Im Shaman and running 11k and its still too much, i cant go oom. Most of the fights im actually at 100% the whole fight. Garrosh HC 10man is the only one that gets me lower than 50% sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortalmansikka View Post
    So you guys really sport 16k+ Spirit? I just thought one of our priests is bad for running so much. Im Shaman and running 11k and its still too much, i cant go oom. Most of the fights im actually at 100% the whole fight. Garrosh HC 10man is the only one that gets me lower than 50% sometimes.
    If priest is disc, he is indeed bad. If he is holy... why is he playing holy?!
    jk. I actually like the way holy plays. Too bad they are not up to par.
    Last edited by Diggy; 2014-03-25 at 12:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortalmansikka View Post
    So you guys really sport 16k+ Spirit? I just thought one of our Paladins is bad for running so much. Im Shaman and running 11k and its still too much, i cant go oom. Most of the fights im actually at 100% the whole fight. Garrosh HC 10man is the only one that gets me lower than 50% sometimes.
    Shamans are credulously mana efficient at this point. My main is a restore shaman and I can't get rid of spirit enough. I end a lot of fights around 80% mana with a bunch of overhealing done. Also, most of their heals are reactionary. The person is missing life, you heal it up. When no one is taking much damage you are just standing there a lot throwing out weak ass lightning bolts.

A paladin can keep healing since it spreads shields around. Hypothetically a paladin should never not be healing. Someone can correct me on that if I'm wrong about paladins.
    Is this where the header goes?

Hello!
    So ive come to love the SH way of healing, and im currently healing on par with ppl around my ilvl. Mostly do flex, sometimes pug SoO 10man so im not at all hardcore. But from time to time i get those whispers from ppl playing holy pala saying i should try EF / HA and that my healing will be SO MUCH HIGHER! I avg around 100k hps on bosses that require alot of healing, or 60-80 when its not really that mugh dmg going out.
    Im gemming towards int / mastery in red and pure mastery in yellow, and trying to keep my spirit around 8k(just to be on the safe side, some fights i feel this is almost to much)
    So where is SH compared to EF / HA atm? would my healing be SO MUCH HIGHER by changing towards this or would you guys say its ok to just keep on going with SH? Ive come to understand i would have to increase my spirit by alot if i were to go EF, which would mean loosing alot of mastery / haste. Another note is i dont have legendary meta gem yet, since this is one of my million alts and ive just recently started it up again pretty much :P.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wraith87 View Post
    Hello!
    So where is SH compared to EF / HA atm? would my healing be SO MUCH HIGHER by changing towards this or would you guys say its ok to just keep on going with SH?
    Shamelessly pinched from http://holybouch.com/holy-pally-faq/

Selfless Healer or Eternal Flame?

The specs are fairly close these days. As our item levels have improved and people have more and more bosses on farm which you choose can really be a personal preference. But there are a few rules to follow in my opinion.

- Are you 25man? I don’t heal 25’s but if your LoD and HR are going to be consistently hitting 6 targets you have nothing to fear by being SH and is a better spec to reduce heal sniping from other healers.
    - Is the fight Malkorok? Really have to be EF for this fight. EF is by far our strongest spell for this fight and SH will gimp your output. A raw EF will heal for almost 600k compared to 350k for a LoD (574 ilvl). Can’t bridge that gap with a slight boost in HP generation and Malk is a fight where raw healing has just as low of over-healing as our mastery shields do.
    - Do you have a hard time time tracking EF hots, do you go OOM early and often, are you a DPS normally? If any of these are true SH is much more mana stable, nothing to track and it is like a dps rotation to execute. Good spec to teach healers to always be doing something (I contradict myself below).
    - Do you care only for max possible output? Eternal Flame has the best possible output but you have the greatest chance of going OOM. The difference at high item levels is small, a few percent, but at lower item levels EF has a larger gap over SH. EF is more total healing, but again, only by a few percent but if you are commited to get the max EF is your spec.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't forget that Holy Avenger is basically a mana regen cooldown for SH builds. While HA is up the primary spells you will be casting for it's duration are judge, holy shock, and your three holy power finisher. All of which are either low mana cost or free - you will regen a decent bit of mana during this period. Take this into consideration when deciding how much spirit you need on your gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    Don't forget that Holy Avenger is basically a mana regen cooldown for SH builds. While HA is up the primary spells you will be casting for it's duration are judge, holy shock, and your three holy power finisher. All of which are either low mana cost or free - you will regen a decent bit of mana during this period. Take this into consideration when deciding how much spirit you need on your gear.
    Uh.... no? Holy Avenger should never be used a regen mechanic, it's a shield stacking/throughput mechanic, end of story.
    Living the casual life, oh yeah.

I think he mean holy avenger allow you to increase your healing without spending a shit ton of mana.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Meaning, that for an SH build, you do not have to be paranoid about your mana levels prior to a healing burn phase if you run HA as you are effectively running mana positive while it is up. I was simply pointing this out. I was not suggesting that it be intentionally used for regen purposes.

Many geared pallies seem to have forgotten that mana management does matter at low gear levels, even with Selfless Healer slotted. Proactively blanket-shielding raid and/or trying to get everyone back up after raidwide burst equates to a lot of Radiance casts which will eat that mana bar fairly quickly at sub-520 ilevels. Once you get up to full LFR/Flex levels you will have enough spirit from gear alone that you can begin aggressively reforging to mastery.
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2014-03-25 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Added stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by supervixen View Post
    Thank you! xo

Do you have specified weights for AMR? Like a custom setting you follow?
    This is the set-up I use for reforging:

It gets pretty dumb if you don't set the Spirit cap right, but if you're logging to update gear just look at your char sheet and as long as you're not gemming a blue just put that in and it'll make sure not to fuck with your ideal Spirit, while still giving you the Haste breakpoint you want.
    It will follow the more Int focused Mastery build though, so if you'd rather the solid Mastery build (bit more 25's friendly) then just turn Int down a bit.

Don't use it blindly though, make sure you think about your gear first and have a play with it.
    Last edited by Xs; 2014-03-26 at 12:14 AM.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    This is the set-up I use for reforging.
    Thank You! Off to play with AMR! lol

xo

PS/ I do 10-mans...errr that sounded bad lol
    Last edited by supervixen; 2014-03-26 at 05:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh hey guys.

So, my guild has currently gone 25m, and I've had to change back to holy. I was a holy Paladin back at the beginning of expansion and now i've shifted back into it and am now healing 25m which is very different to 10m.

Obviously, I don't expect to top metres but I would like to improve my heals. So, any holy pally gurus could shed some light for me as to what I could be doing better, would be great

WoL: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/hc2sf4nrciomyrbm/

armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%A1/advanced

I holy radiance and LoD spam a lot, as you'd be able to tell from the logs lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladinaa View Post
    Oh hey guys.

So, my guild has currently gone 25m, and I've had to change back to holy. I was a holy Paladin back at the beginning of expansion and now i've shifted back into it and am now healing 25m which is very different to 10m.

Obviously, I don't expect to top metres but I would like to improve my heals. So, any holy pally gurus could shed some light for me as to what I could be doing better, would be great

I holy radiance and LoD spam a lot, as you'd be able to tell from the logs lol.
    I like looking at IJ fight cause it is healing intensive and says a lot. You have the common problem of speccing into Eternal Flame and then spamming LoD. As far as HPS is concerned casting LoD instead of Eternal Flame is an HPS loss. If you are specced into EF, you should cast LoD only if several people are in serious danger of dying without it. You should definitely not have LoD heal for more than your EF.

Your holy shock usage is on a lower end across all fights. You casted it 51 times on IJ. You should cast this much if the fight lasts a little over 5 minutes but it lasted 6:39 so you definitely should have casted more. Remember, holy shock needs to kept on the cooldown.

Cooldowns wise, you need to pay more attention to Holy Avenger. This is one cooldown you don't use enough on the consistent basis. Pop it together with divine favor and spread as many EFs as possible. It is a huge hps boost.

Oh and as far as glyphs are concerned.. There are very few fights when I don't use beacon glyph(probably just spoils.. ). Having no gcd on it can mean the difference between life and death. I'd replace glyph of AW with beacon glyph.
    Last edited by Diggy; 2014-03-27 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladinaa View Post
    So, my guild has currently gone 25m, and I've had to change back to holy. I was a holy Paladin back at the beginning of expansion and now i've shifted back into it and am now healing 25m which is very different to 10m. Obviously, I don't expect to top metres but I would like to improve my heals. So, any holy pally gurus could shed some light for me as to what I could be doing better, would be great

As put above, the standard:

* Don't spam LoD when in EF spec.
    * Avenging Wrath is a junk glyph for the most part, you should consider Beacon of Light instead.
    * Plan your CD usage a bit more as mentioned. Healers today (all specs) need to know when "big damage" is coming.
    * Potion of Focus isn't worth the channel anymore.

In general paladins have to be really aggressive with healing, due to the way our passives work now.