Page 44 of 111 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayzeia View Post
    5.4 Spirit>Haste>mastery for the 8,5k haste cap ?
    Spirit > Mastery > Crit = Haste

I actually prefer a tiny bit of crit to a tiny bit of haste but really you'll have so little of either it hardly matters.
    Living the casual life, oh yeah.

just a quick question, i recently started playing my pally again and was wondering, am i suppose to EF with 1 or 3 holy power when blanketing the raid?

Hey folks, this is a little hard for me to post because I've been playing WoW for a long time, however, I would like some honest yet not condescending criticism. I have raided competitively in previous expansions and have just come back from a 7 month hiatus. I've come back to raiding and my new guild has taken me in. It's been hard for me to find a good rhythm with my healing so I'd like to know how I can better myself.

NOTE: The healers in my current guild severely outgear me. This is only the 2nd time I have seen these heroics, for example I have no idea what I was doing on Tortos but I managed to pull through. I'd like to take a look at a couple fights and appreciate additional feedback. I want to see if it's really a matter of gear or if I'm simply failing at mechanics. Thanks in advance.

Edit: Weapon and gloves upgrade, and legendary meta were picked up yesterday after the raid. Logs are with a 520 ilevel.

Jin'rokh - http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-qx...e/?s=656&e=864
    Horridon - http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-qx...?s=1790&e=2451
    Council - http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-qx...?s=3728&e=4143
    Last edited by Erous; 2013-08-14 at 12:54 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by strains View Post
    just a quick question, i recently started playing my pally again and was wondering, am i suppose to EF with 1 or 3 holy power when blanketing the raid?
    I would like to know this too

Quote Originally Posted by Advantage1 View Post
    I would like to know this too
    number of stacks doesn't apply to EF healing dot

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zstr View Post
    So 1, ok

Quote Originally Posted by Zstr View Post
    What? Yes it does. Do you even play the game?
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Context: My 9/13H 25 man guild is attempting to raid this week despite the week long absence of our amazing disc priest and the recent retirement of our MW monk. Due to these circumstances we have some of our dps (ele and/or a shadow priest) go healing. Obviously their healing output will not match what our healing core is able to put out (we also have a trial resto shaman who seemingly puts up low numbers) and as such I have been forced to try to find ways to increase my output further.

Question/Concern: I personally view H Council and H Iron Quo similar in terms of massive raid damage taken (take that as a statement more on our raiders then the "toughness" of mechanics). We managed to kill H Council but I have concerns about H Iron Quo as I don't think I can substantially increase my output from H Council. But maybe you folks can find stuff that will assist me when we get to H Iron Quo.

Misc.:
    • We usually 6 heal both H Council and Quo. 5 healing is probably not a option
    • In terms of the healing hierarchy, myself and the disc priest usually are the top 2 heals on serious fights (Council, Iron, Twins, etc.).
    • Going full mastery gems is not a option for me given the overall mehness of our healing squad (i need the regen to be able to constantly heal).
    • I'm fairly sure I used the spirit flask on the kill. I will most likely be using a spirit flask for Iron Quo
    • Our holy priest will not go disc. Our shadow dps heals as disc and most likely will do so again for H IQ.
    • In terms of playstyle I frequently cast Holy Radiance and try to maintain a 1HP EF on most of the raid.

Links:
    worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-3yc0fjtk27r7o9rj/sum/healingDone/?s=895&e=1335
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/korgath/Sorensu/advanced

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattlehunter View Post
    What? Yes it does. Do you even play the game?
    He's right. Just tested it.

Quote Originally Posted by Erous View Post
    I just took a quick look at your armory and Council fights. Your HS usage is a little low, you probably should use another round of cds in there. I don't see any use of HoSac which I use on the Frostbite targets. I use Holy Prism instead of Light's Hammer. You used a lot of Light of Dawn where EF is pretty much always better.

He's right. Just tested it.
    The amount of Holy Power you use to cast EF effects both the initial heal and the HoT... your testing is severely flawed if you are finding this isn't the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorensu View Post
    Question/Concern: I personally view H Council and H Iron Quo similar in terms of massive raid damage taken (take that as a statement more on our raiders then the "toughness" of mechanics). We managed to kill H Council but I have concerns about H Iron Quo as I don't think I can substantially increase my output from H Council. But maybe you folks can find stuff that will assist me when we get to H Iron Quo.
    Not sure why you did heroic Council and Megeara but opted to do normal Tortos. You're fine and you can't reach through the internet and play your other healer's toons so tell them to get better. If you survived the fights you already have you should be able to kill Iron Qon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyuuseishu View Post
    The amount of Holy Power you use to cast EF effects both the initial heal and the HoT... your testing is severely flawed if you are finding this isn't the case.
    I'm getting 508 on the HoT no matter what HP I'm casting it with, obviously the initial heal is different.

I'm getting 508 on the HoT no matter what HP I'm casting it with, obviously the initial heal is different.
    Well it is certainly not like that on live, I'm testing now 6.5k with 1 HP, 22k with 3 HP, so something is wrong on your end.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyrotten View Post
    Not sure why you did heroic Council and Megeara but opted to do normal Tortos. You're fine and you can't reach through the internet and play your other healer's toons so tell them to get better. If you survived the fights you already have you should be able to kill Iron Qon.
    Leadership wanted to get H Dur for progression asap /shrug. Plus we have our old terrible dk tanking since our MT is also gone for the week. This dk cannot get his shield reliably or on-demand and I end up stacking my mastery on him to ensure he lives through quake stomps.

I'm sure we will eventually kill H IQ (even if it takes the whole 4 hours. Or so I hope), but as I alluded to in my OP my raid isn't exactly full of people who can properly execute mechanics. So the kill of H IQ will be pretty very messy as we don't have the A team healing. My intent on posting is to see if there's anything I can do on my own end to combat the messyness.
    Last edited by Sorensu; 2013-08-14 at 03:49 PM. Reason: Clarification

Regarding EF: The tooltip on most buffs will only show the base amount. The EF HoT is stronger with each HP you use.

1 HP will give you X HoT, 2 HP will give you 2X, 3 HP will give you 3X. End of story.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyuuseishu View Post
    Well it is certainly not like that on live, I'm testing now 6.5k with 1 HP, 22k with 3 HP, so something is wrong on your end.
    Hmm, apologies. I was reading the tooltip, rather than my HoTs. You are correct.

I take it this means we should be blanketing with 3 HP?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyrotten View Post
    I just took a quick look at your armory and Council fights. Your HS usage is a little low, you probably should use another round of cds in there. I don't see any use of HoSac which I use on the Frostbite targets. I use Holy Prism instead of Light's Hammer. You used a lot of Light of Dawn where EF is pretty much always better.
    Thanks for the feedback. Yeah I started using LoD more because that seemed to be how the other paladin was running. His LoD usage was far above mine when I first started with the group so I tried to mimic him in terms of playstyle. Tomorrow night I can go back to EF blanketing and give that a go.

I used Light's Hammer due to the stacks we had on Mar'li, although typically the group is spread out for the remainder of the fight. I can switch back next week assuming I make it through trial and try out Prism. I'm starting to get used to prism more and more I just need to find a better way to time the CD's for it.

I agree, BoSac should've been used more. Just will need to get back into the habit of watching targets.

Hmm, apologies. I was reading the tooltip, rather than my HoTs. You are correct.

I take it this means we should be blanketing with 3 HP?
    Doesn't really matter what you do during downtime but when the raid's taking massive amounts of damage I'd recommend using 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorensu View Post
    Leadership wanted to get H Dur for progression asap /shrug. Plus we have our old terrible dk tanking since our MT is also gone for the week. This dk cannot get his shield reliably or on-demand and I end up stacking my mastery on him to ensure he lives through quake stomps.

I'm sure we will eventually kill H IQ (even if it takes the whole 4 hours. Or so I hope), but as I alluded to in my OP my raid isn't exactly full of people who can properly execute mechanics. So the kill of H IQ will be pretty very messy as we don't have the A team healing. My intent on posting is to see if there's anything I can do on my own end to combat the messyness.
    It's hard to give tips without knowing what your strategy is going in to the fight. If your guild does what mine does which is to stack 3 (in your case 5) ranged up to soak the first few stacks then have 5 melee soak the rest of it and 1 tanking it then you could preemptively HoT up the melee as much as you can. You can sac/bubble two melee who have less damage reduction abilities. Similar to the last phase when all 3 lions are active. Also i think the only difference from normal is when the 3 lions come down the raid takes more damage and the melee will be taking the unleashed flame again so you can focus on them more.

I don't know if there's really much that you can do to help your raid which will be the difference between a kill and a wipe of the other members can't even do mechanics. The fight is not super mechanics heavy. You won't be able to heal people who get lightning storm so there's nothing you can do about that if they're on the other side of the map and not getting clicked. You could watch out more for who gets these close to you so you could click them faster but this takes you away from healing people which may be a more beneficial use of your time. The more important thing in this fight is positioning, not spreading arcing lightning unnecessarily or not standing in the spear damage which are things you have no control over and will not be able to heal through as they're magic damage. You can use your Hand of Freedom for people who stand in the cold spear too long I guess.
    Last edited by monikasun88; 2013-08-14 at 05:15 PM.

I don't know if this is the right place to post this but i am looking for a guide for H Lie Shen. i cant link anything yet but my toon is scrêws on Zul'Jin . I would post logs if i could for some advice . Im just looking for anything that could help kill this b**ch.