Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    We have a system for amending our laws and consitution.

If the majority of people wated to ban guns, it would become legislation (albite unenforcable)

The majority don't want that legislation so it won't happen.

May seems strange to some here on MMOC, but we live in a democracy.
    We live in a REPUBLIC not a democracy.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's funny that people who lack evidence, have to preface their statements with "FACT" or "PROOF". It's a dead giveaway you've got shit.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Bob View Post
    I have 20 kilos of C4 in my house, enough to level half of a small town but I never plan to use it, so why would you invade my privacy and take it away ?!
    No reason. Exactly.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

Deleted
    well, i started to watch the video after reading some of the posts at the first page, because i did not know this guy...

but i had to quit after toiling myself through the first half.
    especially the part where he was on the phone with this other guy. atrocious journalism, wahhh

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Bob View Post
    But...but...the americans NEED guns. I mean they're living in a dangerous country, what with those indians and robbers and claim jumpers and wild beasts...oh wait...
    ^This. Finally, someone else understands the ridiculousness of the situation.

I suppose people would argue that you could replace "indians, robbers, claim jumpers and wild beasts" with "your neighbors, strangers and other local people". But guess what? Those people are also packing heat to defend themselves from you! Everyone is defending themselves from everyone else on the off-chance things get blown out of proportion.

And what happens when a simple misunderstanding gets blown out of proportion? Well, all you need to do is turn on your local news channel to find out the answer to that.

It's easy to pull a trigger, afterall. Everyone is so high-strung because of our strangling, domesticated lifestyles that we don't have the time or patience for simple logical thinking anymore. It's shoot first, ask later.

America is a great example of why you want gun control. Takes an american not to see this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohnoez View Post
    Owning a Gun to "protect" your Home will only lead to more problems than solutions.....FACT
    Just look at other (western)Countries that restrict Gun ownership, look at how many people are killed by firearms every year
    (yes, please include those who own guns illegally), and THEN come with your counter argument....
    I would recommend doing some reasearch into some of the stroies from gun owners during hurricane katrina. For some areas tat was the only way people didn't get robbed, or looted

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesclo View Post
    We live in a REPUBLIC not a democracy.
    Watch out, Augustus is going to return from the grave to become America's first Emperor.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Yeah and why is it that we dont anymore, because the modern world is alot smarter than it used to be, we realised that guns were a pisspoor decision in the first place. Its what people call progression or evolution.
    I think you seriously overestimate how much smarter this "modern world" is.

Deleted
    Hopefully we will see less school massacres and random shootings in the future then.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Watch out, Augustus is going to return from the grave to become America's first Emperor.
    Obama Caesar.

These threads always go the same way.

"Blah blah blah I like guns."

"Blah blah blah I don't like guns."

Know what? Who gives a shit. Some people enjoy exercising their right to own. Some don't. Live with it, on both sides.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    Silly argument anyway. A person trained in the use of edged weapons is far more deadly than a random ghetto thug carrying a Glock, yet no one is trying to ban knives/swords.

Violence in America is a culture problem, not a gun problem.
    Exactly. And culture change starts with gun control.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Your claims don't make any sense when you realize he has only weakened gun control when he has been in office.

Wells, im not saying that obama is trying to do anything, im saying that he won't.....because he knows it would be unenforcable without violating peoples consitutional freedom to privacy.

That and the fact that to muster the resources to do so would break the bank.

Also he'd have a hard time finding the amount of personal nessesary to enforce that law.

Quote Originally Posted by zuluslayer View Post
    Hopefully we will see less school massacres and random shootings in the future then.
    Because a few people = the entirety of gun owners in the entire history of ever.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Obama is not going to take away our freedom or ability to own firearms.

not because he doesn't want to, but because its not feasable to do so.

There are over 300 million guns in circulation in the united states, how the fuck would he propose getting the manpower to confiscate them all. Thats even if people did so willingly, which we wouldn't.

Consitutionally he couldn't use the army to do so either because that would be a violation of posse comintatus.

Even if SOMEHOW he managed to get the authority to do so.....there is a good possiblity that the military would tell him to fuck off, being as over 50% of the military owns personal firearms.

Not to mention the money that would have to be spent to mobilize the army to do so, which we still wouldn't have the personnal for.

There are also other matters of logistics that im not going into that would make this impossible to enforce.
    This right here. Who is he going to get to enforce this? The Military? Police? I believe both of those groups probably have a high percentage of them who own their own guns. It's not going to happen...

Quote Originally Posted by Ragelicious View Post
    Exactly. And culture change starts with gun control.
    Tell you what, you fix the cultural problem we have in the U.S. of urban areas glorifying criminality and "blink"....than we will talk about gun control

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Well yeah I know that, figured I wouldnt have to type it though.

You can own guns for hunting, my friend and some farmers near where I live own them, but its heavvillly regulated.
    I mean theres a shooting range nearby aswell yet not one person has ever been shot here. And I think the above is why, I dont really mind sane people who are subject to checks ect owning rifles for recreational purposes.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it illegal in the UK to kill someone that breaks into your house and tries to kill you? Something about equal aggression and all that?

Yeah, that's the dictatorship I want to live under. Can't even protect yourself against someone that breaks into your house and tries to kill you. Thanks UK! God Bless the Queen!

Infracted.
    Last edited by Wikiy; 2012-11-10 at 02:45 PM.

I would recommend doing some reasearch into some of the stroies from gun owners during hurricane katrina. For some areas tat was the only way people didn't get robbed, or looted
    Well to be fair, New Orleans was one of the most crime-infested cesspools in America before Katrina. I wouldn't expect something similar to happen in most towns.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaderas View Post
    This right here. Who is he going to get to enforce this? The Military? Police? I believe both of those groups probably have a high percentage of them who own their own guns. It's not going to happen...
    I'm military, and a gun owner.

Besides the fact that it would be unconsitutional to force the federal military to enforce that legislation.....I'd probally also refuse to do it as well.