Bug: Twilight Ward + Soul Link

I was dueling with another warlock the other night, when I noticed something weird. I had both Soul Link and Twilight Ward on, the shield was absorbing damage as it should, but my pet was still receiving damage from Soul Link. If I understand the mechanics correctly, any magic damage that I take should first be absorbed by the shield. Is anyone able to reproduce this behavior? Or perhaps it's well-known bug?

10+ Year Old Account
    My guess would be that SL is handled like other forms of mitigation (armor, reduced magical damage taken...) and they come in before Absorbs do but I cant tell you for sure.

I'm unsure as to what exactly happened with you, before we consider forms of mitigation it could have been something much simpler, like the warlock had your pet dotted or it was being hit by , let's say some aoe ( felguard bladestorm perhaps), or even the pets main attack on u would be physical and that is not mitigated by ward ( unless u were in DA) in which case the dmg would still be transferred to your pet
    Last edited by wholol; 2012-11-13 at 02:22 PM.

press EE (that 40% dmg reduce) + sac pact (that little absorb thing)

now a cast hits you (to make it easy just bear with my crappy math .. cos i'm a pawndabear .. punipunpun ..)
    100k dmg - 40% -> schield gets 60k

sl is just the same shit :P and i guess they won't change that behavior just for 1 spell