Monitor Eye Strain

Hey guys!

I'm in need of a little help regarding the eye strain/ache that I am experiencing from looking at my 24inch monitor. It's an LG 24EN33 that I bought only a month ago. Ever since then I believe this monitor has been giving me increasing amounts of eye trouble. I have turned down the contrast/brightness, I look away every 20 mins, scooted the damn thing farther away, but nothing seems to help. Next i'm considering going to the eye doctor to get an exam. Does anyone have any advice on what worked for them? Reading books causes me pain too. I'm afraid it's just the onset of me needing glasses.

What worked for ya'll when it came to monitor eye strain?

Thanks!

If you have trouble seeing and have to strain your eyes for anything you should definitely consider seeing an Ophthalmologist(eye doctor) and get a checkup.

Health concerns aside, if your previous monitor gave you no trouble and your new one does, check what the refresh rate is/was for both. What size was the old one(mostly curious here)? Do you have it running on a proper resolution for its size? How close do you sit to it?

Hey Frieght thanks for the reply. The old Samsung was a 20inch, this new one is a 24 inch LG. I sit about one and a half maybe two feet at maximum from it and resolution is 1920x1080 and refresh rate is 60 hertz.

Could be improper lighting, I know if I'm in a Dim/Dark room and on my PC it causes me some strain but short of that I can only think of your eyesight getting worse.