Page 36 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    First of all, thanks so much for maintaining this addon!

After I used the feature to show colors on tidyplates dots, I wondered if the same was possible for SUF. In the end it was too hard to make it work that way, but instead I have made some weakauras that mimic the effect. I find this really helpful on fights like Council. With thanks to Woz who made the WA code to determine the colors.

You can find the strings for weakauras here.

Preview of the left side of my screen here. The bars are shadowed unitframes, debuffs plus colored borders are weakauras, affdots must be loaded to get the colors.

Of course you will have to move them around to where you want them and so on.

I downloaded current alpha edition and there is a bug I encountered. sometimes it doesn't show dot's power and duration and needs a /reload. mostly about immolate but saw one or two times on other dots.
    green is the color!

Deleted
    In the last version I checked on PTR, Fel Flame was still updating the values and duration on Corruption/UA.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleaa View Post
    Is it necessary to rename AffDots:InitClass() to AffDots:InitializeClass() ? Its break other class modules

It's a bit necessary to make some backwards breaking changes as one of the features that I plan on adding is "true" support for multi-class support. Unfortunately, making the entire namespace global and giving everyone access to just duplicate code in other "class modules", in my opinion, is a bit of a hack in order to get multi-class support in. I plan on extracting out a "core" section of AffDots, with pluggable modules for each class: similar to how Skada and many other addons function.

However, my main concern at the moment is supporting the Warlock community and ensuring that the AffDots plugin is working flawlessly for them. After that I will focus on adding in more support for other classes and extracting out core code in order to expand the plugin vertically across classes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by strmstrike View Post
    In the last version I checked on PTR, Fel Flame was still updating the values and duration on Corruption/UA.
    You'll have to forgive me, but does Fel Flame no longer refresh these DoTs on PTR? I haven't had a lot of time to investigate 5.4 warlock changes yet. If you could provide me with any links / information with regards to that change, I would be grateful.
    Virtualize <Solution> @ Greymane | virtual#1157 | Web | YouTube | Twitter | Facebook
    Hermes - Share cooldown status with raid/party.
    Skada: Survivability - Show when a character died during a specific attempt.
    AffDots - Track the potency of your DoTs on a target.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by virtual View Post
    You'll have to forgive me, but does Fel Flame no longer refresh these DoTs on PTR? I haven't had a lot of time to investigate 5.4 warlock changes yet. If you could provide me with any links / information with regards to that change, I would be grateful.
    It doesn't refresh anything anymore: link

my main concern at the moment is supporting the Warlock community and ensuring that the AffDots plugin is working flawlessly for them.
    awesome 10 char

Quote Originally Posted by Teknicon View Post
    However, when I updated to the very latest Alpha again this morning, it simply does not show any of my DoTs anymore, even though they are on the target
    Quote Originally Posted by Teknicon View Post
    Yeah, reloading the UI does work, after that it works as it should.
    This is resolved in the latest Alpha (r20130806165657). I plan on kicking off a Beta release for this version shortly and doing an official release once I can get verification from at least two other Warlocks that:

• DoTs are being tracked with AffDots as soon as they log in
    • They have the ability to disable the "duration" via the new "Hide Duration" option in the /affdots dialog
    • The "Hide UI" option no longer obstructs your mouse clicking whenever it is hidden

Please feel free to message me directly (in-game or via the forum - Virtual#1157) if you have time to verify any of the above, leave your confirmation here in this thread, or on the AffDots curse.com site.

Thanks to everyone for your continued support.

Hide Duration option:

Last edited by virtual; 2013-08-06 at 05:35 PM.
    Virtualize <Solution> @ Greymane | virtual#1157 | Web | YouTube | Twitter | Facebook

Deleted
    Dot tracking does not work on login, requires reloading for me.

Can't find ''Hide Duration'', but ''Hide text'' works.

Hide UI seems fine.

All tested on live, not PTR.

Dot tracking does not work on login, requires reloading for me.

Can't find ''Hide Duration'', but ''Hide text'' works.

Hide UI seems fine.

All tested on live, not PTR.
    Updated my previous post to include a screenshot of the new option. Do you see that option? If not, you might not be using the correct Alpha version; which might explain your DoT tracking not working on login as well.

Deleted
    Downloaded twice from your latest link and still don't see the option.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    i've been using weak aura's but i think i'l check this afftimer out.
    There is a WA version of Affdots (still requires Affdots for it to pull the information from) that's a few pages back if you still want to use WA for it.

Affdots Priest just added a floating dot tracker to the addon to help with refresh thresholds as I understand it. Does anyone have info on how exactly affdots built this in?

Preview of the left side of my screen here. The bars are shadowed unitframes, debuffs plus colored borders are weakauras, affdots must be loaded to get the colors.
    Dam, that looks pretty slick.

Deleted
    The DPS values that is calculated in PTR are incorrect since dots have been boosted, so there is a miscalculation on PTR.

Deleted
    It's just me or the current affdots version has a problem with Tidy Plates compatibility on PTR? (the dots over your nameplates flicker for a fraction of a second and then disappear, the same happens if you mouseover a nameplate)

Deleted
    very good addon thank you and does this addon calculate UVL trinket proccs correctly?

this addon works for immolate in destro specc too?
    Last edited by mmoca54f789dce; 2013-09-05 at 11:51 AM.

First of all, thanks so much for maintaining this addon!

After I used the feature to show colors on tidyplates dots, I wondered if the same was possible for SUF. In the end it was too hard to make it work that way, but instead I have made some weakauras that mimic the effect. I find this really helpful on fights like Council. With thanks to Woz who made the WA code to determine the colors.

You can find the strings for weakauras here.

Of course you will have to move them around to where you want them and so on.
    So with affdosts and that WA string I can add dot tracking to all bosses frames?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shila View Post
    It's just me or the current affdots version has a problem with Tidy Plates compatibility on PTR? (the dots over your nameplates flicker for a fraction of a second and then disappear, the same happens if you mouseover a nameplate)
    Seems to work fine for me, I only have some issues if mobs also have a raid marker. Could be different version, I didn't update it in a while.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by khalamo View Post
    So with affdosts and that WA string I can add dot tracking to all bosses frames?
    Yes, the strings check boss 1 - 4 for their respective dot (had to split them up or it was too big). You don't need any specific boss frame for this, or any boss frame at all. Obviously you might want to scale them up/down or move them around, depending on the rest of your UI.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Selaiah View Post
    very good addon thank you and does this addon calculate UVL trinket proccs correctly?

this addon works for immolate in destro specc too?
    It does account for UVLS, I believe on Doom it also adds a c to the number to let you know it has UVLS effect.

Works for Immolate yes, and I think by default it also shows Backdraft, Embers, Conflag charges, RoF, and Havoc charges/cd. Ofc you can turn all that off if you just want the Immolate.

The most recent version is still behaving as is fel flame updates dot damage (it no longer does). I'm trying to read through the lua to fix this, but I'm not familiar with it yet. Anyone have a fix?

Quote Originally Posted by Nardale View Post
    The most recent version is still behaving as is fel flame updates dot damage (it no longer does). I'm trying to read through the lua to fix this, but I'm not familiar with it yet. Anyone have a fix?
    I'll fix this shortly. Just haven't had a lot of free time lately. If anyone is able to provide a git patch, I would be happy to apply that as well.

Actually, I'm curious how you're seeing this manifest itself? There is certainly code in there that takes in to account Fel Flame, but I'm not seeing any of my DoT timers get incrased. Can you explain what you're seeing?
    Last edited by virtual; 2013-09-11 at 01:50 AM.