View Poll Results: Do you support Marijuana legalization? (if so how much)

Voters
1380. This poll is closed
  • Legalized for everyone and children with parental consent

62 4.49%
  • Everyone 18+

612 44.35%
  • Everyone 21+

466 33.77%
  • Medical use Only

109 7.90%
  • Against marijuana PERIOD.

113 8.19%
  • Don't know.

18 1.30%
Page 7 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    Snip
    I'd still take you to court. You'd have to still prove reasons for firing. If you have nothing to back it up, no writeups, no reprimands, nothing on record, then you cannot fire anyone without backlash.

Not only can you be held accountable for all sorts of future payment. You can be held on grounds of unfair work practices, REGARDLESS, of at-will work. Which then means, I can sue for wrongful termination, discrimination, and other sorts of nasty. I'd have your future profits for years to come, AT LEAST, IF NOT; shut your business down for good.

So go ahead and fire people for no reason. You're just lucky you haven't been bent over yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    I'd still take you to court. You'd have to still prove reasons for firing. If you have nothing to back it up, no writeups, no reprimands, nothing on record, then you cannot fire anyone without backlash.

Not only can you be held accountable for all sorts of future payment. You can be held on grounds of unfair work practices, REGARDLESS, of at-will work. Which then means, I can sue for wrongful termination, discrimination, and other sorts of nasty. I'd have your future profits for years to come, AT LEAST, IF NOT; shut your business down for good.

So go ahead and fire people for no reason. You're just lucky you haven't been bent over yet.
    In TN you can fire anyone for no reason at any time.
    Let's turn the Night into Tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Yourcatdead View Post
    haha, never thought id see a link to grasscity on this site.
    <start epic wow theme>
    A world of limitless adventure. We cast the lords of shadow and flame back into the abyss.
    <more epic wow theme>
    We held the line against the rising tide of death itself.
    <epic music peaks>
    We have endured the breaking of the world.Now we face the Destroyer and we will end him.
    <cue Bennny Hill music>Pandas! Pokemon!

Quote Originally Posted by tomehere View Post
    In TN you can fire anyone for no reason at any time.
    But you still have to pay. Anywhere in the US, you can fire anyone, for any reason. It just means, you have to take them to court to prove your termination was unjust. No write-ups and no reason, means unemployment. That is ALSO why in most of those states, you will be wrote-up for at least SOMETHING.

Statutory exceptions:

not following own termination procedures – often, the employee handbook or company policy outlines a procedure that must be followed before an employee is terminated. If the employer fires an employee without following this procedure, the employee may have a claim for wrongful termination.

So, yeah. You can fire anyone for any reason. It must be with-in guidelines of termination or risk getting sued. No handbook or guidelines? Means the employer has to prove employee negligence for just termination, in court. You won't just get unemployment. You have to sue for it, though, it also means bigger payments.

I'd prefer medical use only, no age limits there (Seriously, if a twelve year old is dying of cancer and marijuana would help his/her pain then who the hell cares about their brain development?). If legalized for recreational purposes, well, I would be fine with that but I think 18 as an age limit is too low. Let's say 21, because at least your brain is a bit more developed and that way it would not be allowed at the same age as alcohol (which is 18 where I live, 20 for hard), better learn smart use one at a time.

I'd never smoke it, and I think it makes you stupid (sorry, every stoner I know has clearly lost brain cells even when not currently stoned), but I support freedom and liberty so of course it's should be legal.

I am for legalization just because it's less dangerous than alcohol. You can die from alcohol quite easily. Regulations should be the same as alcohol and tobacco.

Quote Originally Posted by Genadius View Post
    If there was an option, I'd say legalize it with very high taxes for 24+/26+. If you want to know why, it's because like some people in the thread said, weed is bad for the developing brain, however your brain doesn't stop developing right after you turn 18 or 21. The brain cells stop regenerating after you turn 24, and before that marijuana has some effect on their regeneration. I for myself don't smoke weed, or drink, for that matter, simply because I don't like the feeling of losing control. I do smoke cigarettes however, and when I sit outside, or go out with some non-smoker, I try to keep the smoke out of their faces.
    Now, I personally hate the smell of weed very much, it smells like burning socks/carpet, but I know that some people don't like the smell of cigarettes either, so I'm going to be tolerant. So, smoke as much as you like, whatever you like, just try doing it after you've turned 24 for biological reasons.
    I don't see why it's the government's business to tell you, as an adult, as someone who is eligible to be conscripted (were it necessary), that you cannot destroy your brain. Suicide laws are absurd, too. They chose to draw the "adult" line at 18, they need to stick with it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    I don't see why it's the government's business to tell you, as an adult, as someone who is eligible to be conscripted (were it necessary), that you cannot destroy your brain. Suicide laws are absurd, too. They chose to draw the "adult" line at 18, they need to stick with it.
    Well, I think it's because it's pretty much common knowledge (for biologists), that the brain stops developing at about 24, while alcohol and cigarettes are bad all round. That's why the government should at least try to limit the use of brain-destructive (a bit hard-termed here) consumatives. That's purely my opinion, and it's based on the fact that cigarettes don't affect your brain developement (I'm not sure about alcohol though), while weed does.

Deleted
    All you ignorant BAFOONS that don't know shit about the great things marijuana brings should really listen/watch this 3 videos.

Also, before you nutjobs start badmouthing Joe Rogan as a non-creditable source, look up who Joe Rogan is and what he was accomplished in life.

Don't believe everything your prechious goverments tell you is right or wrong, do some self-digging and find out for yourselfs before talking shit you "think" you know about.

Infracted: Do not insult people who don't agree with you.
    Last edited by Wikiy; 2012-11-11 at 12:36 PM.

All drugs can be legal for grownups as far as i care, however ill reserve my right to judge you for using them.

All you ignorant BAFOONS that don't know shit about the great things marijuana brings should really listen/watch this 3 videos.

Also, before you nutjobs start badmouthing Joe Rogan as a non-creditable source, look up who Joe Rogan is and what he was accomplished in life.

Don't believe everything your prechious goverments tell you is right or wrong, do some self-digging and find out for yourselfs before talking shit you "think" you know about.
    You sound like a typical potheads i know, using someones else example of success for proof drugs are good. Joe Rogan (and other famous drug supporters) succeeded not because they used drugs, but in spite of it. It was their hard work that got them where they are.
    Last edited by mixerii; 2012-11-11 at 10:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted for +21. Should be legal for everyone to use (That can reasonably be expected to make an informed choice.) The government should have ZERO say in what a person does to their body. I'm a grown ass man and don't need a nanny.

I've never smoked weed and wouldn't even if it was legal. Anything powerful enough to have a positive effect on the body is also powerful enough to have an equal or worse negative effect. Just because we don't know a drug does or doesn't do something bad to you doesn't mean that it doesn't or does. Just look at all prescription pills that get recalled. It happens every month. (inb4 pot is safe!!! lol!!! studies prove it!) Studies also showed phen phen was safe too.

The above paragraph being said, if I wanted to smoke crack while snorting a few lines of coke off a hookers meth wrecked body, who the **** is the anyone to tell me no?
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.

I see no reason to not legalize by 18-19 if you are allowed to drink , drive , vote or smoke and join the army you should have the option to use pot. Also given that it's used for medicinal use it makes less sense that it's not more readily available to people who may want to seek alternate methods of pain management then just popping pills.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ovm33 View Post
    I voted for +21. Should be legal for everyone to use (That can reasonably be expected to make an informed choice.) The government should have ZERO say in what a person does to their body. I'm a grown ass man and don't need a nanny.

I've never smoked weed and wouldn't even if it was legal. Anything powerful enough to have a positive effect on the body is also powerful enough to have an equal or worse negative effect. Just because we don't know a drug does or doesn't do something bad to you doesn't mean that it doesn't or does. Just look at a perscription pills that get recalled. It happens every month. (inb4 pot is safe!!! lol!!! studies prove it!) Studies also showed phen phen was safe too.

The above paragraph being said, if I wanted to smoke crack while snorting a few lines of coke off a hookers meth wrecked body, who the **** is the anyone to tell me no?
    I agree on everything except that under an controlled enviorment and taking controlled doses is safe, no-one has died from smoking plain natural pot (not talking about that lazed shit mixed with chemicals that some use with their pot), if you smoke too much vs your body tolerance, that all that happens is that you fall into heavy sleep.

So is plain pot safe? As I wrote above, yes it is under those circumstances.

Now on the other hand, alcohol, perscription pills DOES kill people. The real reason for why plain weed is illegal, is because it's one of the biggest cash-cows in the entire world and not because it's unsafe.
    Last edited by mmoc9b63898d07; 2012-11-11 at 10:57 AM.

Voted "Don't Know" because I'm indifferent on the subject. I don't use marijuana nor do I have any plans to start. The only thing that matters about it to me is that people don't smoke it around me because I can't stand the smell.
    Last edited by Oerba Yun Fang; 2012-11-11 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by moldsandwich View Post
    I agree on everything except that under an controlled enviorment and taking controlled doses is safe, no-one has died from smoking plain natural pot (not talking about that lazed shit mixed with chemicals that some use with their pot), if you smoke too much vs your body tolerance, that all that happens is that you fall into heavy sleep.

So is plain pot safe? As I wrote above, yes it is under those circumstances.
    Even if it wasn't safe that's no reason to keep it illegal. Cigs and Alcohol are both very poisonous to your body and they are legal. I believe in legalizing all of it.

I'd be okay with other people smoking pot if it didn't stink so fucking bad. I already have problems with idiots reeking of the stuff while taking transit, just imagine if it was legal.
    Oh aye.

I'd say 18. Nearly everywhere in the world other than America you can start drinking at 18 so I think 18 would be the best age. I wouldn't really want kids to be using it because they are developing still and who knows what effects it can have on their mental development. Also children need to be raised responsibly and giving them mind altering drugs doesn't seem very responsible.

I'd say even 16 with parental supervision maybe. There should also be a lot of education about it and how it affects you and what not so users can understand the effects and make educated decisions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Traknel View Post
    Yes it is. In fact, the next expansion is going to be called "Mists of Metzen" and is just going to be various mobs with his face stuck on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Calibar View Post
    I'd say 18. Nearly everywhere in the world other than America you can start drinking at 18 so I think 18 would be the best age. I wouldn't really want kids to be using it because they are developing still and who knows what effects it can have on their mental development. Also children need to be raised responsibly and giving them mind altering drugs doesn't seem very responsible.
    The brain isn't fully developed until the mid-20s, though, if memory serves.

Voted 18+ But i believe the amount you can purchase per week should be limited till 21 and 24 with the amount going up at both of those ages. Additionally it should only be legal to be sold by your nation health service and require an ID card to get it to control personal usage and by that i mean, grown by public workers, sorted by public workers and sold by them too for the simple reason of retaining the profit to pump directly back into the system and to sell it cheap enough to price drug dealers out of the market permanently.

Weed is essentially an untapped cash cow for the government that could make them enough money if theres no middle men raping the profits, to fund the new proposed health care system with some change left over when you factor in the removal of all the majority of funding going to the police to tackle the drug and the the funding that goes into dealing with gang related crime surrounding those who sell it etc.