Page 66 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liara View Post
    Not even remotely close to what I was saying, sorry.
    Well Israel broke a dozen of international laws and disrespected the UN countless times with the support of USA (ironically, the UN is who gave Israel to "Israelis").

That at the very least cannot be contested.

---------- Post added 2012-11-21 at 10:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by goobernoob View Post
    land ownership is ultimately determined by both trade and military might, since we are in a global world and everyone wants a say in everything, this makes that quite difficult to determine. Israel has a much better military then palestine but the international community has more military and trade might then israel and is split.

You could argue moral and historical claims, but those just affect the opinions controlling the military and economic might that would enforce any claim.
    I agree. 10 chars

---------- Post added 2012-11-21 at 10:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Real mature of you, is this how you always debate?
    Probably typo since the name is "Liara" or else why would he bother to capitalise "liar" ?

Deleted
    The land belongs to the Neanderthal.

Quote Originally Posted by N-7 View Post
    Well Israel broke a dozen of international laws and disrespected the UN countless times with the support of USA (ironically, the UN is who gave Israel to "Israelis").
    both sides ignore the UN when it fits their needs, they want the land (and or security) not international praise. israel will follow UN resolutions when they have teeth, hamas... they probably wouldn't care even if they did have teeth.
    Proud member of the zero infraction club (lets see how long this can last =)

Deleted
    the real innocents who are stuck in this conflict are the Palestine people -
    they fear both Hamas and Israel. Hamas wants them to obey and abuse religion to kill, Israel doesn't want them due to over-generalization, everyone a threat etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post
    the real innocents who are stuck in this conflict are the Palestine people -
    they fear both Hamas and Israel. Hamas wants them to obey and abuse religion to kill, Israel doesn't want them due to over-generalization, everyone a threat etc.
    civilians on both sides are victims, hell you could say conscripted israeli soldiers who take fire are victims. but yes, Palestinian civilians are getting the brunt of it.

Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    Poster's name is Liara...freudian typo possibly, but that's a matter of speculation
    An amusing typo, to say the least :P

That at the very least cannot be contested.
    I don't contest it - I know full well that we've broken international law and violated several UN resolutions (whether I think it was justified or not, and whether I think the UN is worth a damn is an entirely different matter for another day :P )
    I merely wanted to put a disclaimer that what he claimed to agree with was not at all what I had said.

Edit:
    Just wanted to let people know, that not 1 minute after the ceasefire went into effect, Israel was already attacked by a rocket, and the attacks continued all the way up to midnight. Israel hasn't retaliated.
    Last edited by Liara; 2012-11-21 at 11:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    So... How long till they start killing each other again... A week?
    Actually, I told someone here in the house earlier that I give it until Sunday until the rockets start flying again..

15+ Year Old Account
    Edit:
    Just wanted to let people know, that not 1 minute after the ceasefire went into effect, Israel was already attacked by a rocket, and the attacks continued all the way up to midnight. Israel hasn't retaliated.
    That's just people who hadn't heard yet, they don't count.

It's like Andrew Jackson and the Battle of New Orleans

For those of us who didn't listen in American History, the Battle of New Orleans is one of the most famous battles of the War of 1812, and is the battle that made Jackson so popular. It happened after the war was declared over
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

You're right! What was I thinking?!
    I have to learn to be more patient with these types of ceasefires :P

10+ Year Old Account

For those of us who didn't listen in American History, the Battle of New Orleans is one of the most famous battles of the War of 1812, and is the battle that made Jackson so popular. It happened after the war was declared over
    With the intensity of the celebrations in the streets of Gaza City, I'm not sure how they could miss it.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

I don't think the cease fire will last much longer. Hammas hate Israel far too much to stop shooting rockets at them. Even if Hammas' leaders agreed to the ceasefire, the unruly mob that is their followers is unlikely to let bygones be bygones and stop lobbing rockets their way.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyseh View Post
    I don't think the cease fire will last much longer. Hammas hate Israel far too much to stop shooting rockets at them. Even if Hammas' leaders agreed to the ceasefire, the unruly mob that is their followers is unlikely to let bygones be bygones and stop lobbing rockets their way.
    Actually, Hamas have proven on some occasions that they can indeed control their small time members, as well as control some of the other factions. They just have to want to do so, and carry it out. Tonight didn't seem to be that case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, Hamas have proven on some occasions that they can indeed control their small time members, as well as control some of the other factions. They just have to want to do so, and carry it out. Tonight didn't seem to be that case.
    Are they still going on now? I thought they had died down after about an hour, although I haven't looked into the matter much.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Are they still going on now? I thought they had died down after about an hour, although I haven't looked into the matter much.
    Up until midnight, so about 3 hours after the ceasefire went into effect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who is the current head of Hamas? and who is their leader inside Gaza?

Ismail Haniyeh for both (wiki)

Ismail Haniyeh, but I don't think killing a major elected leader is a good idea for Israel, if that was your implication.

Ismail Heniya is the Prime Minister (and the leader inside Gaza), but the leader is Khaled Mash'al, who resides in Syria.
    The leader of the Iz-Aldin Al-Qassam brigades is Marwan Issa.

Deleted
    But don't forget, Israel is the one who deliberately targets civilians...

Well, I hope the IDF deals with Hamas appropriately.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhamma...of_the_footage

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...r-2103992.html

http://irish4palestine.blogspot.co.u...old-child.html

What a disgusting country Israel is, maybe not the people, but the IDF and Netanyahu are pure evil.

Netanyahu is disliked even by his allies. IIRC Sarkozy was caught off-mic saying that he's sick of Netanyahu, and calls him a liar, to which Obama replied "Youre sick of him? I have to work with him everyday".

Considering Israel broke the ceasefire. I would be focusing more on the IDF. Oh yes it was amazing to see the Israeli FO spokesperson being taken to task for saying Journalists aren't civilians and that they are reasonable targets. Welcome to the Israeli Government!!!

---------- Post added 2012-11-22 at 06:05 AM ----------

Oh yes so that everybody knows: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...tten-Gaza.html

To do so the army should unleash an all-out assault. "Flatten all of Gaza. The Americans didn't stop with Hiroshima – the Japanese weren't surrendering fast enough, so they hit Nagasaki, too," he wrote in the Jerusalem Post.
    Considering Israel does have nukes is this a call for a nuclear strike?
    You can't fix stupid. But damn it you can troll it!