Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgsnstuff View Post
    We are talking about a video game here, lol.
    Yeah, seriously. I mean, I can get why botting in BGs would be bothersome to some people, and upset folks. But like... anything else that isn't blatant cheating, what's so morally reprehensible about that? I'd never do it, and I think it should be policed by Blizzard, but still... morally wrong? No :x

10+ Year Old Account
    Talk to game master directly. And explain the situation and ask them what they can do.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
    mind your own business
    ^This, he is entitled to do whatever he wants, if he wants to bot and if he knows the risks then you can do nothing, all you can tell him is that if he gets banned it'll affect you. It's just like asking someone to stop smoking though, just because you ask doesn't mean they'll stop, maybe once something happens to him he'll learn his lesson but like all things, once the lesson is learned it's usually too late.

Deleted
    He's your brother, you can't, you shouldn't do anything, despite your wishes. Family comes first.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxiye View Post
    Basically, my brother bots BGs in WoW and farms inferno with a bot in D3. He's also bought gold a couple times in WoW.

Obviously I want him to stop, as I don't want him to get banned.

Anyone with any idea as to what I do?
    How about you just leave him alone? He'll get his credit for it eventually, no need to be a phallus about it.

If I had a brother and he would report me and get me banned, I'd beat the shit out of him.

Don't make him beat the shit out of you...

Deleted
    What bot program does he use?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baalb View Post
    He's your brother, you can't, you shouldn't do anything, despite your wishes. Family comes first.
    Here I was thinking I decide for myself what comes first. Not saying I disagree, but thank you for telling me anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    How about you just leave him alone? He'll get his credit for it eventually, no need to be a phallus about it.

If I had a brother and he would report me and get me banned, I'd beat the shit out of him.

Don't make him beat the shit out of you...
    As I said, we're not kids anymore. He wouldn't "beat the shit out of me" because, well, it's a game and we're not kids.

Plus, I want him to stop because I don't want to lose my arenapartner + tank.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chunkyman View Post
    Kill him..
    Somehow I don't see how that allows me to keep playing with him.

Botters suck dude, but just let your brother do what he wants, and enjoy playing with him before he gets banned. If he hasn't listened to you before he's not gonna listen now. Maybe look for a decent pvp server to transfer to, pay for him to go with, and find a decent premade group. Maybe if people weren't so bad he wouldnt resort to botting. Same thing with gold, teach him how to make his own, or give him yours if you care so much about him playing.

Let him do what he wants, if he gets banned its his account.
    Hi

I'd talk to him, tell him botting is wrong, that he's also very likely to get banned, and all that hard work over the past 7 years playing WoW will be thrown out the window. (Yes, botting is a perma-bannable offense even the first time, a RL friend of mine had a second account in BC that was detected and banned pretty quick.)

I'd also tell him that I would report him if he doesn't stop, and that he's almost SURE to get a perma-ban in that case. Now, I'd actually follow through with that (I very very much dislike cheating in any form, especially after being warned) but you've said you don't want to report him and get him banned, so maybe just the threat of being reported will get him to stop.

Edit: Gold buying is usually a temporary suspension unless done a lot, but it's also harder to prove that someone bought gold than it is to prove someone is botting.

The problem with reporting is that it'll (if anything) result in a ban. I don't know if he's been temp-banned before (he hasn't told me at least), so I don't know whether or not it'll be permanent.
    Also, my parents wouldn't really care, nor would he heed their suggestions regarding botting any more than mine (which is not really much at all).

To be honest, I'm not sure I know what I was hoping for with this thread. Maybe I wanted to know what people'd do in my situation.
    Tell your parents he is a thief and if they stop paying his sub he'll have to stop ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    I suppose that if you actually want to send a message you could report him, but there's no guarantees that it wouldn't be permanent. I wouldn't do it.

Otherwise? Let him deal with his own mistakes.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Somehow I don't see how that allows me to keep playing with him.
    Why do you want to go on playing with a cheat, brother or not? If he progresses to stealing irl will you be going along with that as well, benefiting there too from his antics? At what point do you stop enabling him to benefit from stealing?

Deleted
    give me his acc details ill report him to a mate at blizzards

As I said, we're not kids anymore. He wouldn't "beat the shit out of me" because, well, it's a game and we're not kids.

Plus, I want him to stop because I don't want to lose my arenapartner + tank.
    I am not a kid either, I'd still beat the shit out of him. It might be a game, but the invested time is real. But he's a botter, so the point about invested time might be moot.

Anyway, there is nothing else you can really do. If talking to him didnt work you should just leave him alone. He obviously doesnt care as much as you do... so better search for a new arenapartner / tank if it bothers you that much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saffa View Post
    Why do you want to go on playing with a cheat, brother or not? If he progresses to stealing irl will you be going along with that as well, benefiting there too from his antics? At what point do you stop enabling him to benefit from stealing?
    You don't report friends and family for petty things like this.

Like honestly, do people freaking value the integrity of the game higher than friendship? "hurr I'd never be friend with a botturrr"

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    I am not a kid either, I'd still beat the shit out of him.
    I'd love to see a court case about physical assault, because someone was botting in some battleground in WoW.
    Even Judge Judy would shit herself laughing
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

If he wants to bot it is his decision. If you don't like botting and/or think it ruins the game for the rest of us I would blame Blizzard before blaming your brother.