Thread: Welfare Epics

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    This topic has not been discussed 24901940312490239540 times over, it is both fresh and exciting!
    Thanks for contributing quality posts to this discussion!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    ..Did you just make an account just to say that.

And yes, it's overused..by people who can't play their class/aren't good.
    I am sorry i don't have a gadzillion posts, but that must prove I have no right to point out how out of place a "dps in greenies" claim is in this context. To me skill is a utility you have, i just think videogames don't really qualify. But that does'nt mean I don't throroughly enjoy playing the game.

On topic: If anything getting epics required a more significant time investment than it has in a long time, I wouldnt call actually grinding rep welfare. Besides gear stats are so inflated nowadays a heroic item is still a very significant upgrade even if you have some lfr piece to replace

Quote Originally Posted by impfernal View Post
    I am sorry i don't have a gadzillion posts, but that must prove I have no right to point out how out of place a "dps in greenies" claim is in this context. To me skill is a utility you have, i just think videogames don't really qualify. But that does'nt mean I don't throroughly enjoy playing the game.

On topic: If anything getting epics required a more significant time investment than it has in a long time, I wouldnt call actually grinding rep welfare. Besides gear stats are so inflated nowadays a heroic item is still a very significant upgrade even if you have some lfr piece to replace
    @_@ I didn't mean any offense. I was just confused as to the fact you made a post just to debate my point. Sorry mate!

And you, actually, make a good point. Differing opinions!
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

make it harder so people feel better about spending all of their time in a video game world and it would make their epeen bigger. Extraordinary things? This game isn't hard, all it takes is time...how about half way into an expansion when raids are on farm and someone can walk into a raid and get geared up in one/two runs. Besides arena should be about skill not gear. As it is now you can get in early get all the gear and sit on your rating for the rest of the season then gear others up...there is no way around people getting gear easily, so who cares, go and play your game and just tell yourself it matters.

I don't think raids are hard, people are generally not good players, and fail at mechanics. There's only so much more you can do to make this game "harder" to obtain epic gear. An RPG is about character progression and of course everyone who plays needs that in order to keep playing.

I play this game because I find it fun, not because I have access to things that others don't simply because I have more time. Farming dailies takes time, downing a raid boss takes time, pvp takes time. Everything just takes time, not really skill. If you play any games that are actually hard, you know wow isn't hard. Take make it harder to attain gear seems pointless.

I played when wow first came out and found it kind of boring. Like having to run accross the continent for four hours for level 10 warlock quest and dying 50 times mobs way higher level. I didn't find it fun. I don't look back at the original and think it was great. I quit and played SWG instead which I liked much more, and am still sad its gone. TBC I liked much more. Stuck with it off and on since then. I've been hardcore raider and a casual player too.

Its kind of boring to me to do the same raid over and over and over and over and over just to get one piece of epic gear. I like the valor system and am looking for to the upgrade system.

Deleted
    None Taken!

It actually feels kinda crap nowadays to get gear since lfr is just so utterly sad, i feel some people there could actually be a part of good pugs to get normal gear. LFR killed decent alt pugs in my opinion cause barely anyone still has the time to do all the stuff needed to get as geared as possible on every toon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Molten Core wasn't hard.
    vanilla had more then MC....

---------- Post added 2012-11-12 at 06:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by smokii View Post
    but oh look, it's another jaylock thread...
    Genious move of him to change his pic

15+ Year Old Account
    Conversely, if you have bad luck with LFR you get next to nothing.

One of my alts has only seen a single bracer drop in weeks of clearing both LFR sections of MV. Random, well, pseudo-random is as pseudo-random does. *shrug*
    Mistweaver Monk | Holy Priest

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    OP thannks for bringing this to our attention...NOBODY since wotlk ever thought of it !......

Seriously how long will this:welfare epics shit go on ????

If you absolutely want to feel different...Raid in greens and outdps those welfare epic'ed baddies............

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    vanilla had more then MC....

---------- Post added 2012-11-12 at 06:11 PM ----------

Genious move of him to change his pic
    Well Romney did lose the election after all
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sillicis View Post
    Vanilla says hi.
    Wasn't exactly hard back then either. Just more time consuming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodenkrieg View Post
    So what, do you want them to make all the current non-heroic raid boss items blue? same stats, just blue.
    Are you worried that other people have too many purpelz compared to you?

Smells like someone has Special Snowflake Syndrome.
    I am not saying I have more epics than anyone else, I am just asking thought provoking questions to create and lead a discussion. Why does any question anyone poses on these forums automatically result in insults and pointing fingers? Cant we just have a nice civil discussion on the topic?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Thanks for contributing quality posts to this discussion!
    You created a post with no possible good outcome, what do you expect? Your topic is a joke.

---------- Post added 2012-11-12 at 12:17 PM ----------

I am not saying I have more epics than anyone else, I am just asking thought provoking questions to create and lead a discussion. Why does any question anyone poses on these forums automatically result in insults and pointing fingers? Cant we just have a nice civil discussion on the topic?
    Lol, this guy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sillicis View Post
    Vanilla says hi.
    Molten Core says hi.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FlacidGladiator View Post
    You mean like having others in your guild carry you and give you drops to gear you up... Such an extra-ordinary feat. Repeat wiping on the same boss over and over till you finally figure out his built-in weakness or work-around put in there by Blizzard for you to defeat the boss as INTENDED.... truly epic! Rolling on drops after the boss is defeated and getting the high number... MASTER OF THE F*'IN UNIVERSE YOU ARE! Yeah, gear snobbery is just never gonna die in this game nor will we run out of faux elitists.
    Its funny that people still think everyone is carried by everyone else to epic gear in normal and heroic mode raids. Such ignorance astounds me.

Its funny that people still think everyone is carried by everyone else to epic gear in normal and heroic mode raids. Such ignorance astounds me.
    Seeing as how it is the team that succeeds, not one player, your ignorance astounds me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Exactly, I think he should have his thread starting privileges revoked he makes so many stupid threads just to get a rise out of people.
    What are you mad about? Why is me asking about the current state of how easy it is to obtain epic items something you take offense to? Its like I have personally assaulted you and you are making a scene out of it. By the way, you also have the ability to ignore other posters and not post in their threads, Darthsis even commented to you in this manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Molten Core wasn't hard.
    obviously you weren't in there when it first released...

and on topic, this game is welfare epics now. Outside of heroic raids and High end arena, what gear is hard to get?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeddicious View Post
    obviously you weren't in there when it first released...

and on topic, this game is welfare epics now. Outside of heroic raids and High end arena, what gear is hard to get?
    Molten Core never was hard. What was hard was getting 40 players together, and then having at least 20 of them have any semblance of skill with their class. Most people at that time had no clue how to play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbfoundead View Post
    Nah epic quality also has a factor in stat budget.
    Not really..
    http://www.wowhead.com/items=4.2?fil...rs=3:1;crv=0:0

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Oh no, the lowest tier epics are relatively easy to get, while there's always much better items for people who put in effort.

How the hell can this debate even continue at this point? Yeah, back in classic you had to "work" for your epics (i.e have more DKP than others)
    And now epics are much more tied to progression and tiers. Not like in classic were it didn't matter if an epic was a total piece of shit with spirit for a melee, it was still EPEEEEC.

Let this goddamn topic rot

But hey, "welfare epics", coined in BC. I bet that stings. 'Cause due to the bad progression design, people flooded BGs (still allowed to afk for honor btw) in order to get S1 gear for raiding.

Point still stands, how can there be enough braindeads that think that 476 epics is somehow devaluing 509s from heroic raids?
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2012-11-12 at 05:35 PM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.