Thread: Welfare Epics

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voolawl View Post
    Everyone has the chance to obtain epic items from harder difficulties, they're only limited by themselves. Normal/Heroic modes are available to anyone and everyone and it shouldn't be my fault that people just aren't good enough to do them, so they get handout gear.
    But you don't get it. "Epic" is just a colour and term to make you feel good. The true Epic gear are heroic gear and legendaries, everyone knows this already, so why do you really need a colour to indicate it? It already has the tag, it's not like I can't tell the difference between a ferarri and a honda, they are both cars and could both have a special edition but clearly one is better than the other.

It's not hand out gear, as people have to do something to get it. The higher the difficulty the higher the gear but why do people care about the colour and term that's used for other peoples gear? Why does it even effect you that there is an easier way to get gear that is a level or 2 lower than heroic raiding gear? Unless of course you can barely out dps people in LFR gear and therefore have to cry before someone realizes your not that good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Jaylock, one really simple question, are you still subscribed to Wow?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    Don't bother. This is the same guy who was dead sure Romney would win... and we all know how that went.

/thread
    Nice attempt at trying to derail the thread. Its a shame that America is so polarized, and decided to re-hire an idiot who had 4 years to fix "an inherited problem." Well, he just inherited a worse situation than he had from Bush. But thats an off topic discussion to be had in the General discussion forum, not in a thread about Welfare Epics in WoW.

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 04:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Jaylock, one really simple question, are you still subscribed to Wow?
    Would it matter to you if I was or not? Also: inb4 "look at my sig quote"

To answer your question, yes. My brother sent me a scroll of resurrection, I re subbed so he could get the flying mount. The byproduct of that is now I get to try out their new expansion, and give it a fair assessment. I like it. It brings me somewhat back in time a bit, but still has its major MAJOR flaws, to which I openly give my opinion on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gone are the days that the game was interesting. I agree. BC did have the best method and anyone who denies it did not play BC when it was brand new. You had to use crowd control, you had to think, there was a community on your server since there was no cross realm. Ninjas were labeled and blacklisted. It was a good day but no longer is today that day. Times change. Things improve. It happens. Relics are relics because they refused to get with the times.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Would it matter to you if I was or not? Also: inb4 "look at my sig quote"

To answer your question, yes. My brother sent me a scroll of resurrection, I re subbed so he could get the flying mount. The byproduct of that is now I get to try out their new expansion, and give it a fair assessment. I like it. It brings me somewhat back in time a bit, but still has its major MAJOR flaws, to which I openly give my opinion on.
    lol

Had to be a reason he can post these threads and get away with it. Seen others get banned for less.

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 11:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Salted Beef View Post
    Ever since Gamebreaker.tv/Zam Network cussed out MMO Champion, on an episode of Legendary, as the 4Chan of gaming websites, the mods here have been in a tizzy to maintain their reputations while submitting as little as possible to the community.
    Come again?
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    Gone are the days that the game was interesting. I agree. BC did have the best method and anyone who denies it did not play BC when it was brand new. You had to use crowd control, you had to think, there was a community on your server since there was no cross realm. Ninjas were labeled and blacklisted. It was a good day but no longer is today that day. Times change. Things improve. It happens. Relics are relics because they refused to get with the times.
    From the casual players point of view BC wasn't all that. All I did is pvp/arena in BC because pve was such a chore. The raids were long and tedious, finding a heroic group was long and tedious, replacing a player that had to go from your heroic group was long and tedious, because CC was required new players who didn't know the fights had to be carried. From my point of view BC was a pvp only expansion. The entire pve scene in that expansion was way too much of a chore for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    A lot of people really did like BC but best is really an opinion though isn't it? Although I totally agree that you have to move with the times, because it's way to easy to put on the rose coloured glasses when thinking about how the game was when you first discovered it.

WOW isn't perfect, just not sure why the colour of gear is the issue people need to take a stand against. Seems a little pointless compared to updating models or better PVP balance, but nope, let's fix wow by re-terming and re-colouring gear (note the gear doesn't actually change just the perception).

Raiding makes epics specifically not epic. It is not that hard to get in with a raiding guild and then wait your turn for your epics to drop. It's just elitist to think you only deserve to see your gear progressing because you want to use it for normal or heroic raiding. Most of the time 99% of the raiding guilds in this game are just using videos and guides, which makes it nominally more difficult than LFR.

Epics were never special other than when only a few guilds managed to even raid in the first place on an entire server's population, or when they were rare world drops.

TBC created welfare epics for honor, which is where the term came from.

Everyone deserves to have a way to get better gear which gives them an improvement in effectiveness no matter what they are doing. Epics weren't designed just for raiders, raids were just the first thing that came about which let you have access to epics other than as rare treasures only the few could find due to pure random luck.

If you're not doing competitive heroic raiding or world firsts, you're just riding on the coat tails of the people who are claiming you deserve epics while everyone else doesn't.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

epics have a heroic title on them, purple color doesnt matter anymore.. its the heroic title.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    lol

Had to be a reason he can post these threads and get away with it. Seen others get banned for less.
    Couldn't agree more im still waiting for my ban for the post i made a page ago but i could really care less here lately mods have been lazy and let true troll topics go on for pages.

Person Opens a thread about something they did they enjoyed mod close's it saying sorry but we got to many of these on this topic......

Person Opens a thread just to troll/flamebait ect...mod comments in the thread and it stays open for pages......wtf

Please stay on topic. If you have questions or problems with moderation please send Sunshine a PM. - ML.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2012-11-14 at 07:48 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Couldn't agree more im still waiting for my ban for the post i made a page ago but i could really care less here lately mods have been lazy and let true troll topics go on for pages.

Person Opens a thread about something they did they enjoyed mod close's it saying sorry but we got to many of these on this topic......

Person Opens a thread just to troll/flamebait ect...mod comments in the thread and it stays open for pages......wtf
    Why do you bother to post in a thread if all you do is claim its flame bait and a troll thread? Why contribute to it if you truly believe thats what it is? Why not report it and move on? Instead you insist to comment which is in a way trolling itself.

Please, if you have nothing constructive to add to the discussion, please do not post here. The mods have left it open for a reason. I have been very respectful to all posters here, and I gave my opinion, and nothing more.

So 14 pages all about what? One person having absolutely no clue how item system work, about item levels and ways of acquisition? Sounds like some wanna-be-elitist showing off his inability to grasp basic mechanics of simpliest system ingame.
    Do you think LFR brought a whole new meaning to the phrase Welfare Epics? Furthermore, why have epic items if they are not going to be used to defeat greater challenges?
    Why to let normal and heroic raids award items if they are not going to be used to defeat greater challenges? You know when you kill final boss, that gear will do no good for you. Don't you think that your pseudo-logical conclusions are completely perversed?

Also "Welfare Epics" is part of horrible slang. The faster OP will understand it, the faster he can start working on his issues.