5+ Year Old Account

Classic Paladin - How does Judgement of Wisdom work?

Screenshot of me on my paladin named Wowhobbs

Classic Paladin - How does Judgement of Wisdom work?

I'm stupid. Can someone explain to me how Judgement of Wisdom works? I know how Seal of Wisdom works. You press Seal of Wisdom and your auto attacks have a chance to restore mana. That's a no-brainer.

But I just can't figure out how Judgement of Wisdom work. You press Seal of Wisdom. Then you use Judgement on the target. Then it puts Judgement of Wisdom on the target. But how does it work? How does it restore mana to you?

Is it when the target attacks you with an auto attack (or spell) that it gives you mana back?

I just need someone to really explain this to me. Or maybe I already got it. That when the target attacks you with an auto attack (or a spell), that it gives you mana back.

Thanks. Screenshots provided.
    Last edited by monkfailz; 2024-03-31 at 12:41 PM.

It looks like (could be wrong) that it creates a debuff on the target where when it mentions “attacks made against you” is the enemy so the attacks or spells you use against it have a chance to replenish your mana. Seems like you’ve got it. Their wording could be a little better but yeah that’s the gist of it.

The wording on the Judgement of Wisdom de-buff is trash, how it works is described on the Seal of Wisdom tooltip.

"You judge an enemy, granting attacks and spells used against the judged enemy a chance to restore mana to the attacker"

Basically you put the de-buff on the target, and any of your friends/party/raid that hit the target has a chance to have mana restored.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesmcilear View Post
    Basically you put the de-buff on the target, and any of your friends/party/raid that hit the target has a chance to have mana restored.
    Mana restored to just you, or mana restored to your party too? Because if mana is restored to your party too, that's awesome.
    And thanks!
    Last edited by monkfailz; 2024-03-31 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by monkfailz View Post
    Mana restored to just you, or mana restored to your party too? Because if mana is restored to your party too, that's awesome.
    And thanks!
    The party. Whoever is the one who attacked it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It returns mana back to the attacker.

My hope is that the devs make it so that 1 hit returns mana to the entire raid, to make it comparable to Shamanistic Rage. The devs added a mana replenishment effect to Seal of Martyrdom, but it doesn't come close to the shaman version, and that seal competes with Divine Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by monkfailz View Post
    And thanks!
    Judgements (Light, Wisdom, Crusader if talented) were considered a crucial part of party utility a paladin brought to the table, along with Sanctity Aura talent later on in tBC.
    One paladin can(could) refresh all the judgement debuffs from other paladins, if it helps.