Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    that sucks

I'm going to wonder out loud if they are being given the new proc tech that is supposed to even out and make procs more consistent, and that the nerf might be a numbers adjustment to keep them form becoming more powerful then they already are.

Deleted
    I see the Alchemist Stone Trinket got a nice buff. The proc is almost 1.6k+ main stat over DMF meaning it will go higher on the trinket list. Still need to run the math to find what place it will get. Prob no.3/4 in most dps classes. At last from a DPS DK point of view.

Lol, cant people complain in peace on forums any longer without the Blizzard defence squad rushing to the scene?=P

The tanking trinket is not even HALF of what it used to be, and a lot of people recently aquired them with a lot of work or a bunch of gold. I think the QQ is justified.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh I only paid 15k for mine (agi). 22k is the average price and sounds about right for what should be on teir with normal raid gear. If gear on the ah was to be at heroic level with that tag it would go for 100k +.
    Aye mate

Deleted
    To get access to crafted gear, you only need gold. I feel all those items should be inferior to the ones you get from raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    Changing how items work at this point of expansion is not a cool move, people were buying trinkets for what they were pre-5.1, not for what they are to become. It's like ordering some expensive PC and getting Mac delivered instead. Glad I didn't buy any DMF trinket.

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 01:34 PM ----------

One of the reasons why game doesn't move anywhere and professions are nearly useless outside their passive buffs.
    No, he is right. Crafted gear shouldn't be on par with heroic level gear imo. It should be better than LFR and on par with normal gear but perhaps better itemized than normal pieces and with every new tier of rating comes new professions. If you want heroic level gear from professions then they should require a lot of Blood Spirits, Sha Crystals, a ton of annoying leather and what not.

Would it be difficult to just add a new DMF trinket every tier of raiding? Or make a DMF ring with the next tier? Be creative not silly.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgottenone View Post
    No, he is right. Crafted gear shouldn't be on par with heroic level gear imo. It should be better than LFR and on par with normal gear but perhaps better itemized than normal pieces and with every new tier of rating comes new professions. If you want heroic level gear from professions then they should require a lot of Blood Spirits, Sha Crystals, a ton of annoying leather and what not.

Would it be difficult to just add a new DMF trinket every tier of raiding? Or make a DMF ring with the next tier? Be creative not silly.
    Or just not mess with it just like woltk through cata you know? We wouldn't even have conversation right now lol

Quote Originally Posted by Forgottenone View Post

normal darkmist vortex is better

NORMAL.

I guess darkmoon cards arent allowed to be great for a tier or two anymore.

Deleted
    Now think about that your usual 25 raids has 17 DDs, 6 Healers and 2 Tanks with atleast 20 people carrying a DMF trinket - can you think about the raid DPS loss, less mana regen and less survivebility would cause to the progression of some guilds?

Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    normal darkmist vortex is better

NORMAL.

I guess darkmoon cards arent allowed to be great for a tier or two anymore.
    You get two trinket slots.

TWO.

Also, which class/spec is Normal Darkmist Vortex better than Relic of Xuen?

Edit:

Also, no Normal Darkmist Vortex isn't better than the current Relic of Xuen (for Warriors, at least).

For fury, the heroic version is 5th (normal is 7th) best, and for arms it's 3rd (normal is 5th). SO, the DMF trinket will still be a VERY competitive trinket, even with the nerfs.
    Last edited by Boogums; 2012-11-13 at 11:15 AM.

Deleted
    I'm really pissed, It takes so much time for me to get gold as I'm a casual player (casual as in I don't have a lot of time to put into gaming, since I work and study) and I saved for these trinkets since cata. They were super expensive and I got 2 of them for both of my raiding specs (healing/dps) and sucks to see them nerfed. They are even worse than normal raiding trinkets so not even BiS. so why nerf them?

Quote Originally Posted by Broloth View Post
    You get two trinket slots.

TWO.
    yes, but that still doesnt change that they are nerfing a trinket that isnt even bis for normals, let alone this tier.

no point to nerf the darkmoon cards when they didnt touch greatness or volcano, both of which were relatively FAR more effective.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't want my relic of chi gi nerfed. Granted that is still the first thing I plan to upgrade if I can with valor/justice points.

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 05:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarela View Post
    I'm really pissed, It takes so much time for me to get gold as I'm a casual player (casual as in I don't have a lot of time to put into gaming, since I work and study) and I saved for these trinkets since cata. They were super expensive and I got 2 of them for both of my raiding specs (healing/dps) and sucks to see them nerfed. They are even worse than normal raiding trinkets so not even BiS. so why nerf them?
    I'm casual too, please stop pulling that card and making casual look bad. casual does not mean sucking. Casual means "just as good as hardcore or near it but plays less so doesn't get stuff done as fast."

Deleted
    Facedesk. It wasnt such a good idea to get one for all of my specs on my paladin... Oh well they are very decent still, but i would have skipped buying them on my offspecs if i knew couple weeks later they are nerfing them.

yes, but that still doesnt change that they are nerfing a trinket that isnt even bis for normals, let alone this tier.

no point to nerf the darkmoon cards when they didnt touch greatness or volcano, both of which were relatively FAR more effective.
    Read my edited post. Relic is BIS for warriors by A LOT.

For Unholy Dks, Relic is a little better than Heroic: Darkmist, so the nerf might bring it down the totem pole in that regard, and for frost Heroic: Darkmist is only a little bit better than the Relic, so the nerf will probably keep it on top of normal Darkmist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zshikara View Post
    I'm casual too, please stop pulling that card and making casual look bad. casual does not mean sucking. Casual means "just as good as hardcore or near it but plays less so doesn't get stuff done as fast."
    and what did I said? O_o

Quote Originally Posted by Broloth View Post
    Read my edited post. Relic is BIS for warriors by A LOT.
    I blame the poor selection of raid trinkets, and abundance of haste/haste procs and not crit. good for a ret, bad for a warrior.

still, nerfing it now...why? it will be outdone this tier, and not even last next tier: unlike past darkmoon cards.

I blame the poor selection of raid trinkets, and abundance of haste/haste procs and not crit. good for a ret, bad for a warrior.

still, nerfing it now...why? it will be outdone this tier, and not even last next tier: unlike past darkmoon cards.
    For ret, Relic is still better than Normal Darkmist AND heroic Lei Shin's Final Orders. Heroic: Darkmist is better, but the nerf most likely won't be enough to lower it past Normal Darkmist.

Also, read that post again (I edited it ) It's pretty BIS for DKs as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    30,000 or 60,000 1 month ago or 130,000 gold 2 months ago .. is STILL a lot of gold for an item which gets replaced in not even 4 months, dont you think? You put in time and effort to get gold, doesnt matter how you acquire it actually.

You also put in time and effort if you decide to craft it yourselves, in the expectation that this item is actually worth it - when suddenly a few months later it gets nerfed without prior notifications or a single word from the officials.
    Well tbh the nerfs are not that bad really, it's not like they've become useless. Prices cannot be taken into consideration, they fluctuate or go down anyway over time.
    It's basically about the fact is the item too good when you can upgrade it? If the answer is yes, then I understand the nerf. That is probably a more pragmatic solution than excluding a few items from the upgrade model.... because they need to remain at the current level.