Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Hands up if you'll buy a DMF trinket next xpac? no? poor scribes

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a 463 heroic item that is now better than it.
    Doesn't make much sense, but I'm glad I didn't waste any gold on it.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

And there goes 100k gold because I bought mine as soon as I could after raids started :\

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh well, I'm still going to be using mine for a long time. Bought the int one for about 10k (got 3/8 of the cards for free from my brother) and the unnerfed version is BiS for elemental this tier.

As a plate wearer/strength user, I cant find any trinket (besides heroic ilvl ones) better than relic of Xuen ... and its the only strength/strength trinket out there... 250strength nerf on the proc ain't that much...

Deleted
    lol poor people paying 100k+ for these trinkets when they were released, now I dont feel so bad about not having one anymore.

only paid mine for 13k gold for agility one with guilld discount. /shrugs why now to nerf?

As a blood DK I wouldn't touch the stamina trinket with a 10 foot pole. Why are they nerfing that one so much?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    They are still going to be extremely good trinkets - crafted gear should not be beating out heroic raid items.
    And it wouldn't be a problem if they had it down to this on release of MoP, people (including me) spend gold on it because they were always this good. They were designed to be good so they knew up ahead that they would be on par with heroic gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by velde046 View Post
    Well tbh the nerfs are not that bad really, it's not like they've become useless. Prices cannot be taken into consideration, they fluctuate or go down anyway over time.
    It's basically about the fact is the item too good when you can upgrade it? If the answer is yes, then I understand the nerf. That is probably a more pragmatic solution than excluding a few items from the upgrade model.... because they need to remain at the current level.
    Except that Blizzard didnt nerf DMC: Vulcano the entire last expansion, which was BiS for most casters untill DS came out.

Deleted
    Not true ant13, considering the nerf and that next week Terrance wil open, Darkmist Vortex that drops from there will be on top of DMF on almost, if not all, plate strength users. I am talking about the normal version of it, of course the heroic 509 will top it easy. And for some plate strength users the trinket from Will of Emp will become better then DMF, right now they are almost equal in value, both normal or heroic versions of it.

DMF will fall from no.3 trinket to no.6-7 after the nerf and the Alchemist Stone, buffed version, will gain about 3-4 places making it better then the 463 strength trinket and I suspect even better then the Shado-pan rep strength trinket.

Trinket ranking for frost DPS DK that I am referenceing as of right now before any trinket nerf/buff.

Last edited by mmoc0127ab56ff; 2012-11-13 at 12:21 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Honestly it makes sense, many of them were BiS (or close) which isn't right for a 476 item.

Also if/when you upgrade it it will be "OP" again.
    Way to ignore 2 1/2 pages of posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    I get to upgrade my relic of xuen to get back to its ORIGINAL STATE THAT I PAID FOR?

wow!

im so lucky!

I love spending valor on upgrades for my downgraded items!

To paraphrase Bashiok

"Aren't you thankful"

This change is obviously ridiculous. Their was no need for it. If your concern is that the trinket with upgrades would become to good, then simply don't let it be upgraded. Even if you did upgrade it their would still be better trinkets coming along. I just don't get why this was done. It's like the quick and the dead nerf. It's punitive for the sake of being punitive.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2012-11-13 at 01:10 PM.

More than anything else Blizzard just flat out fails at making trinkets. They're either useless or they're overpowered and BiS for three tiers. There's rarely a happy middle ground.

Deleted
    I never had enough gold to buy DMF trinket before, or scribe to make it for myself, and for the first time in my WoW career I did it.
    Of course it had to be nerfed now, of course, god hates me.

While i dont agree with the nerf, i do think people complaining that theyve wasted 100k+ gold on theirs is a bit stupid.
    You baught your trinket for that price because it was very early in the expansion, and so the price was justifiable for the high demand, but low availability of it.
    Its not like blizz are retoractively nerfing the trinket and denying you all your kills you made prior to now. You got you 100ks worth out of the trinket probably when it mattered most, by killing the content earlier than those without the trinket.

For those arguing that its stupid that the DMF cards are no longer going to be BiS for the entire tier or 2... do you not enjoy getting new gear or would you prefer to hit 90 and buy full BiS from crafters/ah and keep it for the entire expansion?

At least now it will still be a good card and gives room for newer trinkets in upcoming raid to replace it and make you feel better.

Lightbulb

I don't see any of the trinket's nerfs in the PTR at all, build 16297.
    I don't know why this change is recorded by mmo-champ, but I think that mmo-champ could be having issues with the item upgrade feature (do NOT quote me on that, just my theory). I could be wrong or the PTR hasn't reflect this nerf yet.

Screenshot of some of the trinkets:
    Click for higher resolution

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Agzarah View Post
    While i dont agree with the nerf, i do think people complaining that theyve wasted 100k+ gold on theirs is a bit stupid.
    You baught your trinket for that price because it was very early in the expansion, and so the price was justifiable for the high demand, but low availability of it.
    Its not like blizz are retoractively nerfing the trinket and denying you all your kills you made prior to now. You got you 100ks worth out of the trinket probably when it mattered most, by killing the content earlier than those without the trinket.

For those arguing that its stupid that the DMF cards are no longer going to be BiS for the entire tier or 2... do you not enjoy getting new gear or would you prefer to hit 90 and buy full BiS from crafters/ah and keep it for the entire expansion?

At least now it will still be a good card and gives room for newer trinkets in upcoming raid to replace it and make you feel better.
    This all would be not a problem, if actually conclude something out of their 1 year long beta phase. Nerfing items like this after 2 months is a joke.

the question is, why nerf it NOW, in the middle of the tier?

and right after a darkmoon faire?

it's just cruel to people who recently acquired these...or paid a ton to get them early.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    No! Bad! Stop pointing to data-mined content as fact. The change that got picked up was actually an adjustment to Darkmoon Card trinkets for Challenge Mode stat scaling.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...771?page=8#145

Just FYI
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...