[Resto] Glyph of wild growth for 10 man raids

Back in Cata, when I would raid 10 man as a resto druid, I felt that the 5th target of WG either went to a pet or to someone who didn't need the heal fairly frequently. Therefore, I never felt the glyph was worth using because if a 5th target was often a waste, an extra 6th target would even more often be wasted (I know this does not apply to 25 man at all). So the lower CD was more beneficial than the extra target.

But now in MoP, I'm seeing people indicate that the glyph is a must take.... I have not yet had a chance to raid in MoP as I got a late start, but I want to be set up optimally when the time comes. Are damage patterns different enough that the extra 6th target with a glyphed wg will almost always be useful? I know if always useful, then the glyph is a throughput increase, but in ten man, it seems like it might still often be wasted.

Looking for feedback from 10 man'ers who have tried wg both with and without glyph. Is it truely a must have this tier??

Thanks!!

P.S..... 4 pc set bonus: I know that having the reduced CD of swiftmend coupled with the haste talent (50% more haste on next spell after swiftmend) might encourage using the glyph so the swiftmend and wg CDs line up more closely. I'm specifically asking about these dynamics without having the 4pc set.

10+ Year Old Account
    It really depends on the fight. I've used the WG glyph a lot in HoF because it is generally needed for every boss save the final two.

MSV it's really fight dependent. If you have Jade guardian it might be worth using, especially if you are 2 healing it. Feng meh, i guess you could use it if you really wanted to, and run lifebloom for tank swaps, WG, and 1 other, lifebloom/regrowth/whatever, ETC you get the picture.

But back to HoF, pretty much the first 4 fights all have phases if not the whole fight where all 10 people are in range and are taking a lot of damage where the WG trumps anything else. Force and Verve on first boss, 2nd phase of blade lord/unseen strikes in phase 1 on 2nd boss, garalon all healers/dps are stacked so WG does huge #'s, Wind Lord you have phase 2 rain of blades, depending on your strat (we have people clump right before it to maximize aoe healing). Amber shaper I did not use it as with the healing debuff its not worth risking it hitting that person to make it harder on yourself. Grand Empress, I've done it with the glyph and without, really saw no difference in all honesty.

Morale of the story, look at the fight and if there are phases where wild growth can hit the max # of people than its probably worth it. Its more of a must in 25 man raids, and situational in 10 mans. But that's just my 2 cents. Of the 12 bosses released so far, I use WG glyph on about 7 of them now.

Quote Originally Posted by Druover View Post
    Back in Cata, when I would raid 10 man as a resto druid, I felt that the 5th target of WG either went to a pet or to someone who didn't need the heal fairly frequently. Therefore, I never felt the glyph was worth using because if a 5th target was often a waste, an extra 6th target would even more often be wasted (I know this does not apply to 25 man at all). So the lower CD was more beneficial than the extra target.
    This is still applicable on MoP, I don't know where you saw "its a must have"... You still need to use ur own judgement on this, based on fight and based on ur own experiences. I am also curious about other's experience, so far I've been pretty lazy with this and just kept the glyph on without putting much thought into it...

In the past the glyph was problematic because the range was shorter. The spreading range in mists is much longer meaning you are almost always guaranteed to hit 6 targets if you cast it on a centralized location, even if the person you cast it on doesn't actually receive the heal since it is a smart heal. Unless the encounter makes you spread out 10+ yards from each other WG glyph is worth using in 10 man.

The fights where burst damage has to be countered such as Feng, Zor'lok, etc., that sixth target is really huge.

I started MoP raids without the glyph for the alignment with SotF, but then switched in the glyph to try it and now I'm using it for every fight (doing 10 man normal). The alignment with SotF is not that important, and SotF is also good for a rejuv on the tank. Or you can just use tree instead, on some fights it's much better anyway.

Using the glyph is better HPM and HPS, if WG can hit 6 players - which it always can, even in 10 man. I feel more comfortable with mana usage when I use the glyph, and my AoE throughput does not suffer. So, personally, I would recommend to always use the glyph.

I always use it.
    Ashr

The glyph is a net-throughput gain due to less GBC's used still (basicly, the mechanic hasn't changed), and the range is quite huge - there's no reason you wouldn't be hitting all 6 targets, even in a 10 man, really. No fight warrants being spread THAT much - maybe barring elegon on the sparks, but even then you can expect people to run back to the middle after sparks.

Deleted
    Use the glyph but dont use WG on CD. Glyph helps WG to be more mana efficient.

Personally, on most fights I am using WG, HT (switching for LB one for some fights, but I really find this one great) and Regrowth glyphs.

Deleted
    HT glyph is total crap. why would one even use HT except for NS+HT?
    RG and WG glyphs are mandatory for throughput, the only possible discussion is wheter you want to go for LB or RJ glyph in 1 tank fights. but even there (i.e. spirit kings) I always use LB and I have been running really really well with that.

It is a net gain for HPC, HPM and HPS. It's mostly the encounter mechanics that will dictate wether it's worth using but in most case scenarios, it is worth using. There are so many encounters with raid-wide aoes where the 6th target will not go to waste. It also puts it a little bit more in line with soul of the forest even without the tier bonus to where on any encounter where mana is an issue, it becomes wise to wait those 3 seconds and just line those 2 up all the time.

On a side note, 4pc 483 PvP is quite strong for Rdruid atm. The bonuses make up for a 6 Ilvl loss on a few pieces. Sadly if you haven't done any PvP yet, it would take you 5 weeks to get all of the pieces and odds are you'll have too many 496 and maybe even 2pc t14 to giveup by then.

Quote Originally Posted by Deau View Post
    It is a net gain for HPC, HPM and HPS. It's mostly the encounter mechanics that will dictate wether it's worth using but in most case scenarios, it is worth using. There are so many encounters with raid-wide aoes where the 6th target will not go to waste. It also puts it a little bit more in line with soul of the forest even without the tier bonus to where on any encounter where mana is an issue, it becomes wise to wait those 3 seconds and just line those 2 up all the time.

On a side note, 4pc 483 PvP is quite strong for Rdruid atm. The bonuses make up for a 6 Ilvl loss on a few pieces. Sadly if you haven't done any PvP yet, it would take you 5 weeks to get all of the pieces and odds are you'll have too many 496 and maybe even 2pc t14 to giveup by then.
    4pc pvp was awesome for gara progress in 25 man :P. Use 2x resto druids, keep a 100% uptime on dmg reduc cd's due to 2x barkskins lasting 24 sec out of 30 sec CD, last 6 secs covered by personal tank mitigation.