Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

What are your plans for November 13th?

So, what are your plans for when SL goes live? are you going to get no sleep trying to power level to 60, pumping caffeine into your system? or are you going to take it slow and enjoy the game?. I'm not quite sure of my approach i will be taking for the expansion but i expect i will get carried away and not sleep much for a week

Power through to 60 and start gearing up, take it easier on an alt afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    Power through to 60 and start gearing up, take it easier on an alt afterwards.
    Pretty much this. The gf and I will be leveling together, getting as much sleep on the Monday as possible and powering through to 60 asap from the Tuesday.

Anyone (hi Elrar!) know the exact time of the release in the EU?
    Last edited by Tarien; 2012-11-07 at 04:19 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    Pretty much this. The gfand I will be leveling together
    The only way to maintain a relationship whilst playing mmos, is to have your partner doing it with you! >.<

Deleted
    Im expected to reach 60 within 3 days. guild rules~ I get an extra pat on teh back if i make it in 2.

I simply can't wait. This will be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Nykolas View Post
    The only way to maintain a relationship whilst playing mmos, is to have your partner doing it with you! >.<
    Well we met while playing RIFT, she's in my guild

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedDeeps View Post
    Im expected to reach 60 within 3 days. guild rules~ I get an extra pat on teh back if i make it in 2.
    Makes it sound like a chore guessing you and your guild are hardcore raiders then?

---------- Post added 2012-11-07 at 04:22 PM ----------

Well we met while playing RIFT, she's in my guild
    I love, hearing about guild love affairs. :P

I love, hearing about guild love affairs. :P
    Haha, I always kinda thought it was a bit weird meeting people online let alone through an MMO (knew a few couples from my years in WoW), I always went out of my way to avoid any of that sort of interaction. Because I'm a total MMO junkie and quite good at what I do I usually end up an officer and tend to be a bit tougher on girls than on guys, and I generally don't like letting girls into guilds. I know that sounds chauvinistic but it's not always the girls (though some are attention seeking), at least half the time it's the awful white knighting that goes on whenever a girl is around in an MMO. Makes my teeth ache.

So yeah it was a bit of a revelation to meet someone through an MMO, but six months later it's working out quite well Double bonus to have a leveling buddy

Deleted
    Yup. But I'm gonna try taking easy doing it the easy way through normal questing, maybe with a couple of onslaughts to boost xp per hour ratio and one per dungeon. Took me 3.5 days to get to 50 on release. Shouldnt be hard to do 50 to 60 in 3 days me thinks :P

Deleted
    So, what are your plans for when SL goes live? are you going to get no sleep trying to power level to 60, pumping caffeine into your system? or are you going to take it slow and enjoy the game?. I'm not quite sure of my approach i will be taking for the expansion but i expect i will get carried away and not sleep much for a week
    I have acquired 26 Cans of Monster, 14 Cans of Redbull and 8 Cans of Relentless Energy drinks, Along with a large supply of Savoury snacks, that do not require me to have downtime in preperation. I do not expect to sleep for 2 days, I may or may not die. I'm going ALL OUT and not stopping till I am 60, Only then can I take a 30 Minuite nap, before spamming normals and experts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seatin View Post
    I have acquired 26 Cans of Monster, 14 Cans of Redbull and 8 Cans of Relentless Energy drinks, Along with a large supply of Savoury snacks, that do not require me to have downtime in preperation. I do not expect to sleep for 2 days, I may or may not die. I'm going ALL OUT and not stopping till I am 60, Only then can I take a 30 Minuite nap, before spamming normals and experts.
    I, already live on energy drinks, Good look on the not dying part!

---------- Post added 2012-11-07 at 05:00 PM ----------

Haha, I always kinda thought it was a bit weird meeting people online let alone through an MMO (knew a few couples from my years in WoW), I always went out of my way to avoid any of that sort of interaction. Because I'm a total MMO junkie and quite good at what I do I usually end up an officer and tend to be a bit tougher on girls than on guys, and I generally don't like letting girls into guilds. I know that sounds chauvinistic but it's not always the girls (though some are attention seeking), at least half the time it's the awful white knighting that goes on whenever a girl is around in an MMO. Makes my teeth ache.

So yeah it was a bit of a revelation to meet someone through an MMO, but six months later it's working out quite well Double bonus to have a leveling buddy
    I met my boyfriend online, i got him to buy rift and i think he likes it :S he has a level 45 mage, he normally plays RTS games, but he did like warhammer. In my guild in WoW we have an awesome dutch lady who is our raid leader, you don't want to mess around with her or she will go crazy loco on you I do agree that it is annoying when other players find out that there is a girl in the vicinity, they seem to go out of there way to be white knights and overly kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Seatin View Post
    26 Cans of Monster
    When's the wake?

Deleted
    When's the wake?
    Oh my, i have just drank 2 cans of monster. i may have to phone A&E

November 13th.. Hmm, it being a Tuesday, I'll wake up, do some email. Then go in to the office, work for a while, prolly check up on MMO-Champ and official forums to see how the servers are doing. Finish work, head home. Play for about 2 hours. Cook dinner, hang out with the wife. Play for another few hours.

Basically the same as usual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, having been part of so many launches and expansions I never make plans or have an agenda. I will play if I can, provided the servers are not over loaded. Run around checking out what I can and leveling up at my own pace. In WoW I always wanted to race to endgame, but in Rift and other games the journey there is just as important.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Onorvele View Post
    November 13th.. Hmm, it being a Tuesday, I'll wake up, do some email. Then go in to the office, work for a while, prolly check up on MMO-Champ and official forums to see how the servers are doing. Finish work, head home. Play for about 2 hours. Cook dinner, hang out with the wife. Play for another few hours.

Basically the same as usual.
    The fam, and the boss crimping yo style bro.

---------- Post added 2012-11-07 at 05:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    Meh, having been part of so many launches and expansions I never make plans or have an agenda. I will play if I can, provided the servers are not over loaded. Run around checking out what I can and leveling up at my own pace. In WoW I always wanted to race to endgame, but in Rift and other games the journey there is just as important.
    Thats pretty much the same for me, i think i might go at medium speed, instead of system overload speed . :P

Deleted
    Tuesday is my rift night so I am happy with the release date, I will log on go round handing in all the ember isle dailys then will go to tempest bay and will probably spend 4 hours trying to build my house in my dimension, I never thought player housing would appeal to me but I hardly levelled in beta because of it so I have all the fun of levelling to come

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be on standby with the stomach pump for Seatin and 999 on speed dial just in case

Deleted
    I still have to decide which 50 to level first