10+ Year Old Account

Stun Lock Issues

I can't be the only player having problems dealing with stuns this expansion. =0(

I play a level 90 orc restoration shaman. Due to my character's race, I have the trait Hardiness which reduces duration of stun effects by 15%. I'm currently wearing the honor set. With gems/enchants I'm sitting at 58.48% PvP Resilience and 37,162 armor (reduces physical damage taken by 44.55%). (Admittedly, I'm not using a Powerful Primal Diamond, but I'm about to switch my meta out for it.) Here's my character sheet.

I'm finding that I regularly become stunlocked and am unable to survive the burst I'm being subjected to. Am I missing something? Is there some way (besides another healer focusing me) for me to survive this type of situation? Is there something I'm missing about reducing my susceptibility to stun? I could really use some input here.

Deleted
    If it's warriors then, yeah, well, working as intended I guess.

Otherwise most stuns are survivable unless you have 3 people beating on you

10+ Year Old Account
    I played a Resto shaman too for a while, but the most I could tell you is either take Astral Shift and try to predict burst or take Nature's Guardian (it can prevent those nasty executes). You can also try placing Healing Stream/Capacitor Totem down anytime a you feel you're going to get trained. Having a group of friends that can peel for you is good too although if this is in BG's then that pretty much all I got other than Blowing every cooldown you have and running away, but that's pretty much all I can tell you unfortunately.

It depends on the context. If it's a 1v1, you should be able to survive if you watch for their offensive cooldowns and use your own cooldowns appropriately. Some classes will be easier to deal with than others, and that's based on your own class. Shaman have an easier time with casters than any other healer, but don't have as much for dealing with melee.

I'm going to assume the biggest issue is warriors, since they have so much lockdown they actually can kill healers on their own if you aren't well-prepared. The biggest thing resto healers have going for them is something that also generally has the biggest impact against melee--passive healing. It's powerful but you need some foresight to use it well. If a warrior connects with you, you pretty much have to already have earth shield, riptide, and healing stream going to keep yourself up while you can't act. Consider trinketing that first shockwave, realizing that you'll still have to eat a charge stun and two silences before you get a few seconds of freecasting. So long as he doesn't have recklessness up, you should be able to last quite a while from there. It can be tough to get through the back-to-back CCs, but even with warriors there are (short) gaps in their control where you can top yourself off.

Warriors are losing all their silences next patch, so it shouldn't be so bad at that point. You'll still have to watch for their stacked cooldowns though, and unfortunately as a shaman you're always going to have a hard time escaping that. You can hope he stands in a capacitor or sacrifice NS to hex him, but you'll need both to pan out for you if he has a PvP medallion ready. That's why the game is said to not be balanced around 1v1 situations--a teammate could control that warrior for you while you run away or heal up.

If we're talking about getting trained by multiple players at once, there's really very little you can do. It's up to your teammates to peel for you in those situations, although you'll be lucky to ever see that happen in a random battleground. If your team could recognize what's happening and CC a little, it would be a lot easier to escape than what you're used to.

sry mate your a resto shaman The only way to kill you is in a stun and with 2 or more opponents. Get used to it.

It wouldn't be much fun if you just ran around healing and not dying would it. Pretty much what happens anyway atm.

Move along folks. Nothing to see here...Working as intended.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you so much for the input. Maybe once I've had a bit more experience I'll be able to better predict a focus. It was just getting very frustrating having one class I was never able to beat or run from.

it does feel like warrior stuns dont dr, but idk havent really looked into it

Deleted
    Try asking your teammates to peel him off for you , what comp are you exactly playing?